It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Forces Kill Heroic Young Journalist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

US Forces Kill Heroic Young Journalist?

www.rense.com

Javed Yazamy, Truth telling freelance journalist, slain in Kandahar by US FORCES.

This murder is a George Clooney movie script. There is no doubt in my mind Hollywood is going to buy this story as soon as one of those Canadian reporters writes it up. (No American news agency covered his murder.)
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.canadianbusiness.com
ca.news.yahoo.com
calsun.canoe.ca

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
How many journalists, and doctors have been killed in this war?
Between Afghanistan and Iraq, I suppose we wouldn't believe the percentage if we ever saw it!
I remember at the beginning of the war, we saw the journalists and and newspaper agents being killed left and right by the alleged 'taliban' and 'al quaida'. Do you remember that?
Now, this guy was going to be more than a 'fanatical muslim extremist' and also write a book about his experience in a terrorist prison, only to be taken out beforehand!
I am so disgusted by the murder of this young man.
Can't people see the connection?

www.rense.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
www.canadianbusiness.com...

ca.news.yahoo.com...

www.metronews.ca...

There's some more legit articles.

His own words: "It was Canadians who told them I was a risk."

Secondly, it doesn't say anywhere "US Forces killed the guy." That sounds more like some BS someone came up with to make it all "OoooOoOOhhhhh ---- They let him go THEN killed him......" movie type crap.

Plus, we didn't "Pull up next to people and open fire in Iraq or Afghanistan, partner." That's not how we operate. You'll know beyond a doubt it's US forces, there will be several trucks with a lot of uniformed soldiers.

Sorry mam - but you need to provide more sources than that crap site.

Edit - for Gender error.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Ummm, I'm not a 'bro', but you see I put a question mark on my title?
What style have all these journalist been killed by?
They were beheaded or blown up or shot or run over or......
Either way they died and it was all blamed on taliban and al quaida!
Like when journalists were not let in Gaza or simply killed.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Sorry, missed the "Mrs." -

Anyway.

I'm a US Soldier. Nice to meet you.

We don't:
A) Utilize car bombs or IEDs, so... nope. That wasn't us.
B) We don't cut people's heads off, so.... nope. That wasn't us.
C) Finally, do a BIT more research on this guy you're posting about. I am as we speak and I can't find ANYTHING corroborating what that article said EXCEPT that yes, he was in an American prison in Afghanistan.

If he was rolled up by US forces, I can promise you it wasn't because he was a journalist. It says in your OP source article he was known to have ties to and run w/ terrorist organizations? There's such a thing as being in the wrong place at the wrong time. If he was there when a raid went down, then he probably got rolled up for the simple fact he was there.

Finally, the US military doesn't "roll up in cars next to people and open fire." That is not one of our current TTPs.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You do know that American soldiers were beheaded on the Internet right? What you think we behead our own? He hung around the enemy and complains about being thrown in prison, sounds like he lived in the land of rainbows and gumdrops.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Just because there is a trend for journalists in Iraq and Afganistan to be killed a certain way does not mean, if a journalist is killed diffrently from the trend it is a diffrent group killing the journalists.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Here's at least one organization keeping tabs on the suppression of journalists.
Commitee To Protect Journalists

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I see one instance of a tank opening fire on a hotel where they thought they saw an arty spotter. In that type of situation, a mistake is understandable. Unless the reporter was waving a white flag or something, how were they supposed to know? The command isn't perfect, no organization really is.

Something to keep in mind is that every effort imaginable is taken to protect journalists when units forward deployed are stuck with them. They are given the exact same kind of gear we have (if it's available) they are usually given at least one dedicated Soldier to act as a guard against harm, and they are usually in the back of the lines.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. Accidents happen everywhere.

What I'm disputing is the original article. US Forces didn't kill that kid. We don't kill civilians intentionally. Believe me.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

He was a respected journalist in Canada.

What if it weren't our US 'ordinary' troops, but Mossad?
They had somewhat to do with 9-11.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Israelis?!?

I don't know.

lol

I'm just backing my boys who are over there in the middle of the crap right now.

Plus, they said no one claimed responsibility for the killing. Hell, with the people that kid ran with, it could have been that one of those groups figured out who he really was and decided to kill him as soon as they got the chance. I'm sure his inprisonment was all over the news after it happened. He could have been burned that way.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by jd140

He was a respected journalist in Canada.

What if it weren't our US 'ordinary' troops, but Mossad?
They had somewhat to do with 9-11.

I'm not saying he wasn't. I'm saying that even soldiers are being killed in the spotlight. Does that mean the US killed them?

You really are full of bad websites aren't you? Al Quida means toilet? I don't know what you are even trying to imply with that website.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Journalist understand that they are putting their lives at risk when they wonder into a combat zone. So your telling me that this guy was good enough to have connections with the Taliban and knew information about them. Then he was captured by the US and held for 11 months in which he could have given away information. Then he gets released, somebody takes him out and you are blaming it on the US.

Does anybody see what I am getting at here?

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Styki]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Wrong place at the wrong time. We didn't do it.
Not a one-liner

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Oh and one more thing. What made him a heroic young journalist???

From what I have read he hung out with some shady characters (now I don't know if he was working undercover to get a story or what).
This is honeslty a sincere question no sarcasm what so ever. If you know of something I don't that makes this journalist heroic please share with the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
Journalist understand that they are putting their lives at risk when they wonder into a combat zone. So your telling me that this guy was good enough to have connections with the Taliban and knew information about him. Then he was captured by the US and held for 11 months in which he could have given away information. Then he gets released, somebody takes him out and you are blaming it on the US.

Are you implying that the Taliban could have done this? The Taliban aren't the bad guys, we forced them to defend themselves.

Someone will say something to that nature before this thread hits a stop sign.

I agree the dude was playing a dude who was playing another dude and a dude of one of the dudes he was playing killed him.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
"Bad" is really subjective.

If you believe that if someone is wronged then they have ok to do anything that they would like in revenge then maybe they are ok. You also have to remember that this is Afghanistan and not Iraq so it's kind of up for debate on if they were wronged or not.

As far as what I believe the Taliban are bad guys. I could also say that the US was forced to defend itself. However like I said, "bad" really is subjective.

People should bring something like this up again. When there is no proof in the story that is been presented why should anybody just blame the US. The only thing I did was bring forth another scenario that fits the story.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by Styki
Journalist understand that they are putting their lives at risk when they wonder into a combat zone. So your telling me that this guy was good enough to have connections with the Taliban and knew information about him. Then he was captured by the US and held for 11 months in which he could have given away information. Then he gets released, somebody takes him out and you are blaming it on the US.

Are you implying that the Taliban could have done this? The Taliban aren't the bad guys, we forced them to defend themselves.

Someone will say something to that nature before this thread hits a stop sign.

I agree the dude was playing a dude who was playing another dude and a dude of one of the dudes he was playing killed him.

I am sorry but it is actually really early where I am and I just have to make sure I read your post correctly... THE TALIBAN ARE NOT THE BAD GUYS???
???

Where are you from dude because from where I am sitting there is very few other words to describe those scumbags!!!!

BOOOO for you my friend, I would bet money on the fact that you also think that Sara Jane Olson (AKA Kathleen Soliah) should be released from prison, like she is about to be. No wonder why the world is so backwards.

[edit on 02/04/2009 by Cool Breeze]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

Relax buddy and drink a cup of coffee, I was being sarcastic. That is why I wrote underneath it that somebody will post something to that nature before this thread hits the stop sign.

I think we should kill as many of the Taliban that we can.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Ok thank you, baby jesus. I thought you were being serious. My bad

top topics

<<   2 >>

join