It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What if..." Thread 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Im going to be writing a report(essay) on...if certain things happened, how would people react... So im going to need some input for each day the whole week im going to be asking a What if question, Ill make a thread each time and link them together, and going to use it for a report on how people would react and what they would do.

Ok, so here is my first question:
What if...(Today is December 21, 2012) Its 11:10 one minute before the Mayan Calender ends. Your hoping something extraordinary is going to happen, all of a sudden the time changes to 11:11...and nothing...minutes pass by...hours pass by...1 whole week passed by and nothing.
NOTHING HAPPENED!

How would you feel or how you act, would you just go living life on? Or would you think the whole world is a lie just like this one? Or (to those who didn't believe from start) would you go and rub it in the face of the person who did believe? Give me some input. Thx

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
ok, first, i must ask,
what time zone is this supposed to be occurring in?
i am in PST zone, and there are a few others,
will it be 3:11 or 7:11 etc... here....

otherwise would be same as when we hit Y2K,
not having much experience then...
i figured nothing would happen,
mainly cause of the timezone thing...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well, I believe in 2012, but not in the 11:11 thing. I would give the Mayans a good month to let their thing happen.

You know it could start with a war, which takes time.
Or a biological agent, which also takes time.
Or even a global revolution.

If it were a bad ending... I would wait for death peacefully.

If it were a good beginning... I would be joyful for humanity.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I would be relieved.
I would be wondering whateverone else is thinking.
what the next doomsday date will be

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
By your description I would simply laugh. Then I would feel sorry for all the people who joined cults especially suicide cults. All the people who sold/gave away all their belongings. Then I would laugh some more. Sorry just being truthful.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Geolion1

Honestly, I will be doing regular things that day. I don't plan a holiday, and I won't be watching the clock.

I would suspect that if nothing happens, then I will be on the internet looking at all the explanations as to why, and when the new date is.

People make money off this stuff, and for sure, they will manage to come up with something new.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU
By your description I would simply laugh. Then I would feel sorry for all the people who joined cults especially suicide cults. All the people who sold/gave away all their belongings. Then I would laugh some more. Sorry just being truthful.
LOL
Thanks for the replies everyone, keep them coming.
I want to know how others would react too.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geolion1
Im going to be writing a report(essay) on...if certain things happened, how would people react... So im going to need some input for each day the whole week im going to be asking a What if question, Ill make a thread each time and link them together, and going to use it for a report on how people would react and what they would do.

Ok, so here is my first question:
What if...(Today is December 21, 2012) Its 11:10 one minute before the Mayan Calender ends. Your hoping something extraordinary is going to happen, all of a sudden the time changes to 11:11...and nothing...minutes pass by...hours pass by...1 whole week passed by and nothing.
NOTHING HAPPENED!

How would you feel or how you act, would you just go living life on? Or would you think the whole world is a lie just like this one? Or (to those who didn't believe from start) would you go and rub it in the face of the person who did believe? Give me some input. Thx

No one is saying something extraordinary is going to happen on 2012 like Y2K bug, it's a gradual transition that is happening right now all around you just open your eyes.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I really don't know how I would react, OP, because I don't expect anything to happen. But I suppose if I did, I would be a bit disappointed and would reevaluate my belief systems. And, by the way, if you are going to write this essay, when you say "your hoping something....", please write it as you're hoping, etc. Goodness, did all the spelling teachers retire? Oh, let me say, since I don't believe in anything of import will happen on the date in question, no, I won't rub it in the face of someone who expected it to happen.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I will be taking the day off and hosting some sort of party.

I don't expect anything to happen at all, but any excuse and theme for a party is great!

The Mayan calender is only ending because they aren't around to rewrite another one. They rewrote their calender every 600 years or so when it became inaccurate. This is their last one only because the next one hasn't been made - not because it is the end of the world.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, I found other "What if Threads" So I will just be using them instead of making new ones.

new topics

top topics

join