It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIST tried to make a connection.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Was laying on my bed watching some tv and I noticed my firewall come up with a warning about something wanting to make a connection to my pc.

Comodo said it was through svchost.exe, which was basically a process from microsoft, but that it was another pc wanting to make a connection to my pc, and that I should block it if I wasn't sure what to do. So I did.

Ran an ARINS on it and came up with this.

Link is just to photobucket. Click the picture again to get full size.

Now from my understanding, in regards to 9/11 and such, I perceived NIST as being some sort of engineering firm? If that is the case, why would someone from them try to connect to my pc.

ARGH! Im stupid... forgot I had windows time to grab the synchronization from them.. disregard...

Guess I'm a bit jumpy as of late, after the whole symantec crap thats been going on.

[edit on 3/11/2009 by Wintergreen]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
If you've ever used PeerGuardian you know that theres a big number of IP addresses that are trying to connect to you at any given time. Most of the time it's universities from around the world, but sometimes I notice government agencies trying to connect. PeerGuardian does a pretty good job of blocking them, although im sure they have secret IP ranges that aren't on any blacklists.

Not sure why they are always trying to connect, if anyone has any answers let us know.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
NIST National Institute of Standards and Technology

They ensure that all types of measurement are true and accurate to the limits of present day tech; refine parameters; monitor time keeping (cesium clock) and so on. There is a wealth of information to be found on their site(s).

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by icecap

He said that his windows is using their timekeeping to make certain his computer time is accurate.

top topics

join