It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. report: Forestry can create 10 million jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

U.N. report: Forestry can create 10 million jobs

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- The United Nations is urging countries to invest in green jobs working with "sustainable forest management" to address the growing problem of unemployment worldwide.

At least 10 million such jobs could be created, the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization will say in a report to be released this week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
www.cnn.com
www.foxnews.com
www.foxnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Global Warming Con Job

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The United Nations is a joke, yet they expect countries worldwide to invest in 'green jobs' to 'address the growing problem of unemployment worldwide'.

That would be like Mexican President Felipe Calderon making an announcement, urging Americans to stop investing in marijuana, coc aine, and methamphetamine and instead start investing in jalapenos, sombreros, and maracas thus addressing the growing problem of violence in Mexico.

Now I do agree with revitalizing and preserving the rain forest. But doesn't nature kinda do that on its own without our involvement? Am I right or wrong.

Look at it this way. Volcanoes produce more pollution in the earth's atmosphere more so than most automotive vehicles in the United States. And every thing has it's opposite. There is no down without up. There is no left without right. There is no God without a Devil. Atomic energy can be used to power a whole city thus promoting its prosperity yet it can do the exact opposite--turn it into a massive pile of smoking rubble.

Therefore if nature damages earth's own atmosphere with volcanic eruptions? Couldn't it repair itself as well.

If I'm wrong? Go ahead and correct me. (I got kind of a headache right now--it's kinda preventing me from being able to think straight at the moment.)

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/11/09 by Marked One]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yes, of course, the stock market is broken.
So lets start cutting down trees

Of course this is good for the, possibly we aren't sure is completely man made, global warming.
Then they can start to increase the breathing out taxes.

new topics

join