It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mountains of ice invade beachfront Michigan homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Mountains of ice invade beachfront Michigan homes

edition.cnn.com

Strong winds blew ice into Saginaw Bay homes in Michigan on Sunday
State police said some homes had ice nearly 12 feet deep inside
No injuries were reported, and area residents gathered to survey the ice mounds
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Please take a look at this report which is on CNN.

(apologies if it has been submitted elsewhere - I did search but didn't find anything).

Ice coming up off the beach and surrounding houses....real 'day after tomorrow' type stuff. Has this happened before as it's not something I have seen before. Very odd.

The shot with the American flag is surreal.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Sssh! Global Warming is supposed to be happening- and not Global Chilling!

I posted an commentary about Climate change causing Global Chilling and not Global Warming, which is widely touted by MSM, with the Times online and it didn't pass their post-it commentary admins.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If you put more and more energy into a chaotic system, the spikes are getting higher and higher, in both directions. Think about that.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Man Made Global Warming is not happening.

It really is starting to look like an ice age is starting to come our way. Which is way more hazardous than warming.

All this increased peaks and valley's is non-sense. If CO2 really caused warming and we were heading to catastrophic warming winters would diminish and become increasingly warmer which isn't happening.

The tell tell sign that man made global warming is bull is that they changed it from calling it "Global Warming" to "Climate Change".

You notice how calling it "Climate Change" makes it a lot easier for them to explain the colder and deeper winters. I call it Climate Change because the Climate is continuously changing. Weather and Climate are not static.

This is a crazy fluke event though. If you listen to climatologist that actually have some reason, they will tell you that an Ice Age will only take about 3 to 5 years before it is fully here.

Just like "The Day After Tomorrow" I don't know if it will happen like in the movie but it will take about 3 to 5 years.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Man Made Global Warming is not happening.

So you really believe that releasing all this energy that was stored for Millions of years as oil and wood and coal does not change anything?

You believe that by releasing this energy, mankind had no impact on the climate?

So if mankind wasn't even there for the last 150 years, the climate would be the same as today? The glaciers would still be melting?

You only see the low temp right now. But we also have a solar minimum. And the solar minimum seems to extend longer than thought.

What if the solar minimum causes the current low temps, despite global warming. And once the sun returns to a more active state, the S really HTF?

Anyhow, even without the sun as a variable, the signs are there. Even if it is a very cold winter for the northern hemisphere, the glaciers are still melting.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I believe this screwed up weather is HAARP and their weather technology. This was something that just progressed along with Mengele's research. Nothing is happening currently by accident.

By the way, we do have technology, such as putting solar plants in space or on the moon, if ets will et us
, so I think we could actually minimize an ice age, and create a lot of fresh water, greenhousing. Be a lot more possible without money, in a free moneyless resource society where necessary things just get down. We certainly have 1) resources and 2) the man power.

But this cold stuff, this is their weather technology, or its the 9 nukes rumored to have been set off in the arctic in a critical area where the core buldges closer to the surface. This was supposedly done in November. Then suddenly in December there was a huge enormous gaping hole, bigger than they ever thought possible over the northern pole. hmmmmm. I did connect dots there as well.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
I believe this screwed up weather is HAARP and their weather technology. This was something that just progressed along with Mengele's research. Nothing is happening currently by accident.

By the way, we do have technology, such as putting solar plants in space or on the moon, if ets will et us
, so I think we could actually minimize an ice age, and create a lot of fresh water, greenhousing. Be a lot more possible without money, in a free moneyless resource society where necessary things just get down. We certainly have 1) resources and 2) the man power.

But this cold stuff, this is their weather technology, or its the 9 nukes rumored to have been set off in the arctic in a critical area where the core buldges closer to the surface. This was supposedly done in November. Then suddenly in December there was a huge enormous gaping hole, bigger than they ever thought possible over the northern pole. hmmmmm. I did connect dots there as well.

Pretty cool - I'd like to read more about this - you happen to have some links?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I've seen this before - but on the other side of Lake Huron, where it normally occurs. It doesn't tend to go into houses though, because there's a bit of a ridge at the edge of the lake.

The prevailing winds in that area are from the west - they must have had a bit of an odd storm to get sustained winds from the east for long enough to get that much ice plowing inland.

What's odd to me, tough, is the thickness of the ice. Seems quite thin, even for this time of year.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I have seen pictures like that out of Finland, Norway, or perhaps Denmark. It was kind of neat to see. But no, it's not the first of it's kind.

new topics

top topics

join