It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lost world beneath the Antarctic ice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The lost world beneath the Antarctic ice

www.independent.co.uk

British scientists search for life forms hidden more than 400,000 years ago beneath Antarctic ice
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Interesting...makes you wonder what they really are mounting this expedition for. Say they want to raise prospect of searching for life on Europa. Why there of all places? Has something already been found and this is a prelude to get humans ready? Wasn't the Antarctic were we found the asteroid with the bacteria from another world? Could we find exterrterastrial species in the Antarctic ice in this investigation? Can't wait to see the results of the expedition...

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
One more time, the good ol'dream of René Barjavel's La Nuit des Temps could come out as true...

All is possible under such a board of ice, - even a frozen, hibernating entire populace of little green grays. Well, blue then.

Edit : I meant Greys, of course. Dear Amigo Simon, if you read this...

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Rigel]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by assylian

I think its more like the lost city of Atlantis that they are seeking down in the Antarctic.

In the Russian version of the Antarctic wars at time frame 5:07 you can see a UFO fly between the structures on the warship. At 5:36 you can see another one flying out from the ship.

www.youtube.com...

The American fleet lost the Antarctic War in 1947 to the inhabitants of the Antarctic as you can see in the videos.

Here is the English or American version of the Antarctic War of 1947.

www.youtube.com...

At time frame 4:08 in part 2 below, it states that they are keeping lost and legendary treasures there at Antarctica; could they be the lost and legendary treasures of Atlantis?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Then we come to the NSA (National Security Agency) checking out Lake Vostok;

www.rense.com...

Here is part of the above article:

Just two extra points re Vostok story. I have just read the story in the Antarctic Sun www.polar.org...

I quote from there :-

"The evidence is a huge magnetic anomaly on the east coast of the lake's shoreline. As the first SOAR flight crossed over to the lake's east side, the magnetometer dial swung suddenly. The readings changed almost 1,000 nanotesla from the normal 60,000 nanoteslas around Vostok. A tesla is the standard measure of magnetism. Studinger typically finds anomalies of 500-to-600 nanotesla in places where volcanic material has poured out of the ground

"When we first saw this huge magnetic anomaly, that was very exciting," Studinger said.

Usually magnetic anomalies are much smaller and it takes some effort to distinguish the anomaly from normal daily changes in the magnetic field. In this case there was no confusion.

"This anomaly is so big that it can't be caused by a daily change in the magnetic field," Studinger said.

The anomaly was big in another way, encompassing the entire Southeast corner of the lake, about (65 b 46 miles) 105 km by 75 km. The size and extremity of the magnetic anomaly indicated the geological structure changes beneath the lake, and Studinger guessed it might be a region where the earth's crust is thinner.

To create the type of topography found at Lake Vostok, the earth's crust was probably stretched, thinning one to three percent as it pulled taut, Studinger said."

I (HM) deal with interpreteting aeromagnetic imagery daily in my mineral exploration work here in OZ. The huge size and intensity of the above mentioned magnetic anomaly strongly suggests a very large ultrabasic complex is present below this section of lake Vostok in the continental crustal rock surface ie at the old land surface -pre ice level. This would fit with the apparently tensional pull-apart rifted tectonic style of the lake geo-environment and would probably represent a major mantle derrived plume of ultrabasic intrusives along the lines of Prof Careys Expanding Earth diapirs - this fits the stretched crust model noted by Studinger above.

Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA
Phone 818/354-0747

RELEASE: 01-24-01
In a brief announcment today, NASA and the JPL terminated all further study of Lake Vostok in S. Antarctica. In an apparent slip of confidentiality, spokeswoman Debra Shingteller alluded to "National Security Issues" allowing the NSA to assume full control of what had been an International effort to explore a huge, under-ice lake near the Russian Vostok research station. Ms. Shingteller was immediately led away from the podium, and an aid responded to the many further questions with the same answer: "the project has been halted due to environmental issues", and that no further releases were pending. The large crowd of press corp. were left clamoring as the officials left the stage. Ms. Shingteller has not responded to repeated attempts at contact.

The above is a report from an official JPL PR representative who attended the announcement.

The following is part of a letter written to an editor of Scientific American Magazine (who has requested anonymity). The linked photo at the end was released by NASA in Jan 2001 seemingly by mistake. It is no longer available from the official archive...

(See satellite mages of Lake Vostok here -ed) www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

Approximately 300 miles from the South Pole there is a lake, a very large lake. It is Lake Vostok. It is also located over 3/4 mile beneath the Continental Ice Sheet. The best photos of Lk Vostok are from space, where the outline is clearly visible. Current ice-penetrating radar studies indicate that the water is up to 2000 ft deep in places, and has an over-arching dome up to 1/2 mile high. Estimates for filtered light at the lake surface indicate something like "continuous first morning light" during Antarctica's summer months. Thermograph imaging proposes an amazing 50-degree average water temperature with "hot spots" near 65 degrees. This can only be attributed to subsurface geothermal heat sources. At 300 miles long, and 50 miles wide, the encapsulated atmosphere should have the ability to cleanse itself through interaction with the lake, and possibly... plant life.

Also proposed as a possible route for atmospheric interaction with the lake's environment are what are being labeled "geothermal boils". These are thousands of bubbles in the ice sheet located in the some 200 sq. miles of "ice dunes" discovered by the late Russian scientist Ivan Toskovoi who was stationed at Vostok research base until his disappearance in March 2000. The surveyed bubbles range from a few to several hundred feet in diameter.

Quite possibly just as exciting as all of the data related so far, is the discovery through Magnetic Imaging that there is an extremely powerful source of magnetic energy located at the North end of the lake's shoreline. As of this writing, no one has suggested an explanation for the magnetic "anomaly".

As recently as February 2000, at least two international teams were planning separate probes of the lake.

There is more if you search Jeff Rense for audio on this subject.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Amazing informations, RussianScientists !

Maybe the hypostasis -if not just hypothesis- of the all Amiral Richard Byrd's story could be back on tracks from here !

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I wish they would have elaborated on the environmental issues.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I have just found some more information on why they are doing this expedition right now.

Article name is:
ENVIRONMENT: Melting Ice Offers Window on Polar Ecosystem

The link is:
www.ipsnews.net...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I think the idea by RussianScientist is definetly worth considering and off to do my own research on this. I will post some more info when I find it and let everyone form their own opinion.

Thanx,
Assylian

new topics

top topics

join