It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carville Wanted Bush to Fail

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I think maybe the difference is that the Democrats haven't spent the last thirty years trying to portray themselves as the "true patriotic party" and the Republicans (and especially the far-right branch exemplified by Mr. Limbaugh) have.

So when James Carville says he wants the President to fail, it's not picked up on in the same way as someone who proclaims himself as a super-patriot.

Personally, I don't think either one is actually news. But I can certainly see why people would make a bigger deal out of the apparent hypocrisy of Mr. Limbaugh's belittling the office of the President through hoping for the failure of the person of the president than James Carville just acting like the political schmuck we've all known him to be all along.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I agree that both are talking out their butts, but for one to do it and get reamed through the sewers and the other didn't even generate enough attention to be remembered is wrong.

If Bush Sr's campaign manager had said this is career would have been ruined. This guy spent 3 or 4 years after he said it as a "respected" political analysis.

<< 1   >>

join