It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we're hit with more than one sitX?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
With all the threads about being prepared for this sitX or that sitX what if we're hit with more than one.

This is a hypothetical situation. I was just wondering if people are prepared for this situation.

What if?
A genetically engineered virus is "accidentally" released from a lab. All of a sudden we have a pandemic.

And then:
The virus mutates as viruses do and causes the infected person to become zombies or such. Which causes societal collapse. Then we have an epidemic.

Which allows:
This gives the fed reason to set up FEMA camps everywhere to "help" survivors.

And that leads to:
To control and maintain order, this gives the government a reason to instill martial law.

Then throw in a natural disaster or two and all hell will break lose.

Just a hypothetical situation.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Good question. I think we're already being set up for simultaneous situations that will guarantee collapse.
Avian flu being "accidentally" released (twice)
Economic failings
HAARP induced natural disasters
Disappearing bees=food shortages
Soon to be gun control

Disarmed, diseased, broke and starving=total control over the remaining/surviving population.

Throw in a nuke and we'll call it a day.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Oh yeah, i forgot to add the nukes. That would really rain on everyones parade. To add to the reasons for FEMA camps, people suffering from radiation poisoning.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Good question. I think we're already being set up for simultaneous situations that will guarantee collapse.
Avian flu being "accidentally" released (twice)
Economic failings
HAARP induced natural disasters
Disappearing bees=food shortages
Soon to be gun control

Disarmed, diseased, broke and starving=total control over the remaining/surviving population.

Throw in a nuke and we'll call it a day.

Yeah, sounds like the book of Revelation, doesn't it?

Every now and then I go to a website called Cuttingedge.org. The owner (who is a preacher or minister) said he went to an invitation only lecture with a friend back in the early 1990's where this scenario of several planned catastrophes was given.

The lecture or meeting was given by the New England director of the House of Theosophy, in Boston.

cuttingedge.org article

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You can come up with a situation where no one would be adequately prepared to survive.

Personally, I'm preparing for a depression. I hope that it will be short lived but I fear that it may be here for a while.

Indirectly I guess that I'm also prepared for a pandemic etc.

I'm not counting on Zombie hoards or a nuclear war. I don't think that I'd want to be one of the survivors if there is a big nuke exchange.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
You can either deal with one problem at a time, or kiss your *** goodbye ?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

Well i don't plan on kissing my a** goodbye. I have a plan for all of the above situations. And several places i can disappear to if need be.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Thanks Anuubis, because of your little idea my BOB is now the size of a underground city
(a big airtight steel box atop a rocket system that contains everything I need to wander aimlessly in space for the next 600,000 years).

Ok you win ~has a beer and sells all his survival junk on ebay~

[edit on 14-3-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

Hey no problem
Glad i could be of help.

But seriously, you don't need that much stuff. Just a good plan and a lot of knowledge.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis

Hey no problem
Glad i could be of help.

But seriously, you don't need that much stuff. Just a good plan and a lot of knowledge.

Pssst, hey buddy wanna buy an underground city....
or a big steel box atop a rocket system you can wander the universe in...

Read read read
Learn and learn and learn practice practice practice.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

No, thats alright. I have plenty of mine shafts to wander around in here. I could explore for years and not search them all.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I am just now really trying to prepare. Got a small BOB made. I have a plan for some things but killer clowns in the neighborhood I am not prepared for. Wow I really need to get on the ball.
How far does nuclear fallout go? I mean I can evade, hunt, fish, garden, make a fire with sticks, make shelter. I think I can survive a few months on what I have, my lil bit of knowledge should get me a few more months. Then someone throws this out and now? I doubt myself lol.
Bird flu pandemic was man made?
I hate birds.....

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by realboogyman
I am just now really trying to prepare. Got a small BOB made. I have a plan for some things but killer clowns in the neighborhood I am not prepared for. Wow I really need to get on the ball.
How far does nuclear fallout go? I mean I can evade, hunt, fish, garden, make a fire with sticks, make shelter. I think I can survive a few months on what I have, my lil bit of knowledge should get me a few more months. Then someone throws this out and now? I doubt myself lol.
I hate birds.....

Nuclear fallout depends on wind speed and direction. If you have no wind it will only travel about 50 miles in all directions. With a good strong wind it could travel hundreds of miles following the wind.

No one except the people who "discovered" the bird flu knows where it came from. There are speculations that it is just a mutated version of standard influenza. Others speculate it is an alien virus that came in to our atmosphere from the tail of a comet. They say the same thing with the pandemic that occured in the early 1900's. Back then they had no way to modify the genetic make-up of virus' so who knows.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis

Originally posted by realboogyman
I hate birds.....

Nuclear fallout depends on wind speed and direction. If you have no wind it will only travel about 50 miles in all directions. With a good strong wind it could travel hundreds of miles following the wind.

No one except the people who "discovered" the bird flu knows where it came from. There are speculations that it is just a mutated version of standard influenza. Others speculate it is an alien virus that came in to our atmosphere from the tail of a comet. They say the same thing with the pandemic that occured in the early 1900's. Back then they had no way to modify the genetic make-up of virus' so who knows.

There wont be any fallout of note if its a modern military nuke as they are overwhelmingly air burst devices. battlefield nukes used for smashing bunkers are not far more accurate so they tend to be in the sub kiloton range rather than megaton. Remember even a nukes heat, blast and radiation burst can only travel in straight lines.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
In my opinion, wich im sure someone will say is the equivalent of"blahblahblah and we all have em and they all stink",
We wont have a choice but to be faced with a few catastrophes when tshtf.
If we get hit by bio/nuke/terror, its only a time before money becomes an issue.
Simply because of fear. and how badly it has gotten passed around.
Even though we joke about fear mongering, most of the peeps i know have already said they are gonna make a bank run if bio/nuke/terror happens.
And that is from people that rely on msm for news, not the posters here who are paranoid, or semi paranoid.
And then only a time before militery presence is an issue, whether to help, or hurt its going to create mass panic because of the stigma that goes along with it.
And from where that all goes, tptb may(this is worst case scenario) may see a good op for another false flag.
Nothing like a good ole kick em while theyre down, ya know?
I think even the most fearful, ultra paranoid member on this site has a better chance of surving tshtf scenario, just because of all the info we are collecting here.
wheteher seen as good, bad or disinfo, its still better than what fixed news channel, or any other network offers.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

The U.S. still has a fair supply of the old minuteman missiles which are impact detonated. I don't know what type the Korean Typodong II is, but i imagine it's not aerial detonated. The main threat as i see it are suitcase nukes and dirty bombs. Both of which will have substancial fallout and radiation.

And you forgot the EMP burst.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

Your "blahblahblah" is very accurate. Depending on whether sitX is natural or manmade one will lead to others. It's inevitable. A pandemic or natural disaster will lead to government "help". A financial disaster will lead to government "help". Total chaos from major unemployment will lead to government "help".

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
And unfortunately, im starting to see what our friend Norman Mineta described as a pattern whhen he desribed 9-11.
Unemployment, banks, viruses, martial law, wars, scandals, you know, what we see everyday.
I wonder so often what situation we would be in right now if J.F.K hadnt been assasinated.
I wonder if he would have gone deeper down the rabbit hole, and chased out all the secret societies he despised, and all the people with political agendas that have attacked our Constitution with stealth and might.
For the first time in my life, i actually live in fear.
And not for me, but for my children.
But ask me if id change anything ive learned.
(edit for over-zealous typing errors)

[edit on 16-3-2009 by guinnessford]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
I wonder so often what situation we would be in right now if J.F.K hadnt been assasinated.
I wonder if he would have gone deeper down the rabbit hole, and chased out all the secret societies he despised, and all the people with political agendas that have attacked our Constitution with stealth and might.

JFK was a good president, but he was no angel. His political agendas were just as dangerous as anyone today.

new topics

top topics

join