It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

having a beer with

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Given that you could have a beer and conversation with any dead historical figure, who would you choose and what would you talk about.

Mod, I have no idea if this is the right place to post this, so please move if needed.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It would have to be with J.F.K, to ask him what was really going on behind that famous speech that im sure got him killed.
And then, any fdny fireman who was killed on 9-11.
To hear exactly what happened that day.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hitler, not cause im antisematic, but just the sheer fact of how much damage he did.

Taking for granted he's not an angry drunk!!!

I want to know his thoughts, how exactly he had done so much in such little time.

If he's' off the table Thomas Jefferson.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
EVE
What was she thinking?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hey bartender, one bourbon . . one scotch . . and one beer for my friend
here, what's your name again ? Nostra what ? Nostradamas ?

Just ran into him but I've read alot of his predictions.

Now Nosty, can I call you Nosty ? . . The first thing we need to clear up
are those damn Quatrains. What a bunch of doublespeak ! Can you tell me
in layman's terms just what the hell you were trying to say ?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
MR. Tesla, I want to know more of his genious, and how the heck he found out about all he knew.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Definately Benjamin Franklin.
What a party animal.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Prometheus, Titan in Greek Mythology:

"So, what were you thinking when you stole the fire from Zeus and gave it to the mortals?"

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The wisenheimer in me wants to say Carrie Nation or maybe Patti McGuire circa 1976-1977 for an entirely different reason.

Realistically, I'd say Kevin Smith or maybe Charlie Chaplin since we have already established time travel is not a restriction.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Bob Marley

Jah Rastafari

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wow, im amazed at the lack of response here!
Im really surprised this thread didnt take off in a huge way, so ill give my second drinking buddy: George Washington Carver.
Just the fact that he had so many great inventions is only part of it.
What he did to overcome the racism to get any, if at all, of the recognition he did.
And also see how many of his ideas were stolen and falsley copyrighted by someone else.
Im a huge fan of science and tinkering with stuff, and generally messing around with trying to make things.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This may seem a bit odd, but I'd love to sit down with three dead broads from the old movies.

One Bette Davis, two, that famous drunk Judy Garland, and last, Ethel Merman.
I just think a long liquid lunch would get pretty interesting after we sucked down a couple pitchers of martinis. I'm sure it could get very loud as the old girls sucked them back and swapped stories.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting.
I dont see it as wierd, but its definetly not an average selection.
I bet you could get allot of really cool stories from that crew!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
CG Jung.....

We would talk about psychology (of course), mythology, dreams, art, & synconicity....all the good stuff.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Honestly…I think I would like to meet Enoch, 7th from Adam. Oh my goodness I bet he had so much to tell a person.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I actually have some experience drinking with dead people and it tends to be disappointing. They're typically not very responsive.

Anyway, I'd be tempted to pick DaVinci but since I don't speak Italian that would probably be more frustrating than it would be worth. So I'll go with Thomas Jefferson whom I've always considered to be the most intellectual and intelligent of our Founding Fathers.

We'd knock back some good ol' Ameican ale and discuss the time leading up to the Declaration of independence. I'd like some insight into that mysterious character known as "The Professor".

Good excerpt here along about page 38. That's one version.

This "professor" also allegedly was present to give "the speech of the unknown" that supposedly kept the Continental Congress from falling apart. Was it the Jesuit, Lorenzo Ricci? St Germain?

We'll never know.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Lawrence Chamberlain.
The former professor of rhetoric who led his men on a bayonet charge with no ammunition against superior forces at the battle of Little Round Top. They won the day and took hundreds of prisoners.
His decision was a key point in the battle of Gettysburg.

Genuine hero.

During the surrender of Southern Troops at Appomattox he had his division salute the Confederate Soldiers who were laying down arms. It was a gesture of respect that reached many soldiers from both sides and started both sides on the road to healing the nation.
(This ended with the assassination of Lincoln.)

This guy was a class act.

I'm thinking single malt and cigars.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Id go for like Jesus or Buddha just to get them hammered for s%$# and giggles.Corrupt the pure and all of that

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Im thinking id like to hang out with darwin. Im sure that after a few rounds we would probably both be confused

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
When I was a Christian I would have said "JESUS".............

Now...........

Thomas Paine and I would insist on talking about God, Life the Universe and everything!...........................42

Hey...at least I can prove Thomas Paine walked this earth..............

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join