It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I sold my BAC (Bank of America) stock @ $5.00... good move or bad?

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
well boa is up 34 cents atm. i think it may go up to 8 pretty soon, im about to drop 2 thousand into it that ive saved. wish me luck.




posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by truthwillneverberevealed
 


Luck is for gamblers.

I wish you prudence.

Don't risk the 2k unless you can afford to lose all of it.



posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Bad Move.

I should of waited one more day and I could of sold it for $6 ($5.99).

That hurts.



posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
im guessing you could have sold it for 8 early next week or later this week... not your fault though if you are not an expert in the market..

as i stated in a previous thread (up to the minute market thread) i am thinking we are going to see dow at 8000 before 6500..

we closed above a big point in the S&P (741) that should give us another 2-3 days of boost here...

U2U me if you want any more information on the subject



posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTC_savedmyLife
im guessing you could have sold it for 8 early next week or later this week... not your fault though if you are not an expert in the market..

as i stated in a previous thread (up to the minute market thread) i am thinking we are going to see dow at 8000 before 6500..

we closed above a big point in the S&P (741) that should give us another 2-3 days of boost here...

U2U me if you want any more information on the subject


gotta say i agree w/ ya

that bank index is looking ripe for a bigger bounce IMO



posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You could of always waited until BOA started printing payouts in CNY
.

Good = Broke even or made profits.
Bad = Counted losses.
Extremely Bad: Banks that went under.
.



posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Woulda-coulda-shoulda will kill ya. Re-deploy with lesson learned. Any idea how many investors are looking to bail @ higher SP? DJIA 8700 might be a possibility here - then ?

Bix Weir: Road to Roota X: US Operation Confidence Con

GL



posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029
 


What price did you buy it at? That's the real question. If you rode it all the way down to $5 from it's year ago levels ($37) you might as well just have hung on to it. I Mean what difference does 100% loss and 86.5% loss really mean at that point. Least you will have some losses to carry forward on your taxes for a bit.



posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman

Originally posted by XTC_savedmyLife
im guessing you could have sold it for 8 early next week or later this week... not your fault though if you are not an expert in the market..

as i stated in a previous thread (up to the minute market thread) i am thinking we are going to see dow at 8000 before 6500..

we closed above a big point in the S&P (741) that should give us another 2-3 days of boost here...

U2U me if you want any more information on the subject


gotta say i agree w/ ya



I sit here all day and wish I had the means the past few days to short the hell out of SKF, I can read that stock like a book literally during the day, I think its dropped around 100 dollars past few days, but there are so many short term (2-3 minute) opportunities in that stock its unreal
that bank index is looking ripe for a bigger bounce IMO

[edit on 12-3-2009 by XTC_savedmyLife]



posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The wretched woman that I must sleep with evey night (the dragonlady) and I were discussing the bank stocks last week.

I begged her to let me buy 10000 shares of *???* (sorry, I have to keep the price down, so I won't disclose yet) because it was near $1 a share.

Today, it closed up 67% from the day we had that conversation.

I know it's only a 67 cent profit per share....but it sure does add up.

There's no way the megabanks will go under....the government won't let them. Now that the Government has a say in them, the price will continue upwards.

This stock (that I didn't mention) should be somewhere around $5 or $6 by the end of April, if not higher.

I've opened an account, just waiting for the funds to process, and I'm buying it anyway.



posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SlinkyDFW
 


I think we see Citi at 2.00 tomorrow, get on board while you can


Edit: you would have gained about 7% more in AH trading this evening.. sleep well

[edit on 12-3-2009 by XTC_savedmyLife]



posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by XTC_savedmyLife
reply to post by SlinkyDFW
 


I think we see Citi at 2.00 tomorrow, get on board while you can


Edit: you would have gained about 7% more in AH trading this evening.. sleep well

[edit on 12-3-2009 by XTC_savedmyLife]


Yup....it did.....

LOL, it wasn't hard to figure out. Looks liks it will open around 1.80 this morning.



I don't want to violate any T&C's, but I have to tell ya, if you have the means, at least get some of it while you can.




top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join