It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: NHS may miss out on EU migrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
As a result of uncertain standards, the NHS could be missing out on much need staff from other European countries. This is a result of the UK not being told which candidates of the 10 EU joining countries on May 1st met basic requirements.

bbc.co.uk

The NHS currently has 25,000 nursing vacancies alone.
The General Medical Council said the alliance needed "urgent clarification" from the European Commission.

In a statement the Alliance of UK Health Regulators on Europe (AURE) said its members needed to know whether doctors, nurses and dentists from the 10 states were adequately trained.

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by Banshee]

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
oh great as if healthcare wasnt failing already.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
the problems are very real...i have faced them myself.

I worked in Mental Health before i joined the army....we were always understaffed...over worked and literaly upto our eyeballs in problems.

I can understand the reason for the reluctance but maybe they just need a better recruitment drive for the whole of the NHS...Primary and Acute Trusts.

It doesna help when all the staff end up back stabbing the Nursing Auxiliaries for not working hard enough...and those who have been in hospital know that the NA's run the ward.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
why not a bootcamp an branch of the guberment that recruits like the arms forces for healthcare i think its a big enough need to prioritize "WE ARE AT WAR WITH OUR HEALTH!" now if bush said that we'd have a new super healthcare force already an willing to invade the nearest HMO.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Both NHS and Armed Forces have problems with Healthcare...

Medics and trained nurses and doctors are very sought after as they need them for obvious reasons.

Ive been a medic for near 4yrs...i was a NA for 2yrs....i know how both work and why we are understaffed....people blame the Staff themselves....but it is actually the goverment puttin them off as they dont give enough push behind the joy of acutally being able to help.

They really need to get there heads out the sand box and deal with this as it is gonna start causing loss of life.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I was looking at your post and was wondering how much they get paid
Nurse Pay
from about grade D up seems a good pay to be on but below that to me its pretty poor . Also at the hospital near me we do have a lot of foreign health care workers I think they should be getting better pay but it also worries me as to how much training they have

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Grade A and B are what are called Nursing Auxiliaries...

they basically run the wards while the staff nurses and Enrolled Nurses hide in the Duty Room or somewhere else.

A Grades are basicly trained...
B grades have been there longer and done some other training.
C grades are Enrolled nurses who basically are nurses but have done 1yrs less traing than a Staff nurse.

The wages are changing in October i think...they are gettin rid of a few things and puttin everyone into band grades so they are equal in wage increases and so forth.

It is also common knowledge..well at least where i worked...the higher the grade..the lasier they were and more knifes they put in lower grades backs.

when i find info on the wage change i will post it as i believe it may be a way to entice RSN's and NA's into workin with the NHS.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The banding will be like what i have at my work they got rid of band 1 so now im band 2 with more pay 4.92hr on a sunday i get 5.52hr on bank hols its 7.52 and same kinda thing at where i work the higher the person is the less they do and knife you in theback more

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
here is some more information about local plans for NHS trusts...

u can find what u need from this main site or go through google.

NHS plan

google

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
What worries me as it the plan for the next 3 years they should have seen to these problems a long time ago its no wonder they are short staffed. I have to give them there due they do a fantastic job with all the mess they have to put up with-thank you for the info

new topics

top topics

join