It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members: What are your top-ten conspiracy theories of all time?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
John Titor & Andrew Carlssin (largely debunked but still good stories). Interesting that Andrew Carlssin's statement was that our time was known for colossal stock market crash. (Treasury Sec. Paulson's testimony that future administrations were complaining about "us")??

MK-Ultra

Philadelphia Experiment

3.b. Invader ZIM blipped from the hypnotic electron stream.

Dear ZIM! Don't use the time machine. Love, ZIM!

edit: sp

[edit on 12-3-2009 by elfie]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
1. JFK Assassination
2. Roswell
3. 9-11

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
1. 9/11
2. Propaganda (media controled by government)
3. Medication (a lot of nasty stuff going on in the farmaceatical industry)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
1) Mind "conditioning" of the general population via TV, Radio, Microwave, Water, Chemtrails, (anything that can enter into / through you)

2) Alien presence and possible rule on Earth

3) Possible tinkering with mankind's DNA by ? (non-human) entities for the purpose of a covert invasion / takeover of our species.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

1) Egypt's Area 51.

2) The Antiquity of Man and the 'Knowledge Filter'.

3) The NASA/Orion Obsession.

4) The Moon Landings.

[edit on 12/3/2009 by Scott Creighton]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
My 3
(Not in order)

9/11
UFO's and E.T.
Ancient Civilization and general government cover up

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

S&F! Great thread. Though, I'm sure it's done before, I've never been able to participate in one of these. So here goes...

10. AIDS. Man-made?

There have been several studies suggesting that this virus was created by man in order to control the population, and exploit medical funding.

9. Pearl Harbor

It it said to be possible that President Roosevelt not only knew about the forthcoming attack, but actually provoked it for benefitial reasons.

8. NASA & The Moon Landings

Studies have often tried to say that everything about the US moon landing is fake. From lighting angles and shadow distortion to fatal space conditions and falsified video feeds.

7. Zionist Control

It is often claimed that Jews control the entire US (& the entire world). They're also accused of being responsible for several "sub-con theories," such as deliberately sinking the USS Liberty.

6. CIA: War on Drugs, Mind Control, etc...

Everybody knows the CIA lies to people. If they told the truth, it would defeat the entire purpose of the operation. The problem is when they're caught lying, they continue lying. I could write 8 pages on possible CIA conspiracies, but this thread is about ranking them. I'd love to put them in the #1 spot, but I cannot. The reason follows.

5. JFK Assassination

I just mentioned that I cannot place the CIA in the #1 spot. Well, not only was the CIA believed to be involed in this conspirical assassination, but many others were as well. Which is why I placed the CIA where they are. This conspiracy, along with the next four, most likely include the CIA in addition to many other involved parties. So, with that being said, we're told that JFK was killed by L.H. Oswald after being shot in the back of the head. They say pictures speak louder than words. Do videos speak louder than pictures?

4. 9/11 & US Governement involvment

I figured I'd write commentary on these possible conspiracy theories just incase someone came along who wasn't sure what I was talking about. I think that factor can now be eliminated. I'll safely assume that almost everybody has chosen a specific side of the fence when it comes to US Government involvment in the 9/11 attacks. Accordingly, you be the judge.

3. New World Order, Bilderbergs, Skull & Bones, Freemasons, Illuminati

Yeah. Conspiracy theories don't get much bigger than this. Or do they? (If you haven't researched this, please do so now).

2. UFOs & Aliens

Self Explanatory, I'd hope.

1. Religion

I'd love to delve into this right now, but this is not the thread for such discussion. I'm sure MANY will disagree with me here, but in my honest opinion, the #1 conspiracy of ALL TIME is religion. If you (religious folk) would like an explanation as to why I feel this way, feel free to U2U me. I'd be happy to share my thoughts. (Recruit/Conversion attempts will simply be ignored, as usual)

Honorable Mention:

Philadelphia Experiment

Other Conspiracy Theories:

Tupac/Biggie
Jimmy Hoffa
Tuskegee Experiments
Waco
Watergate
Etc.....

- Strype

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

Rachel Ray is the girl next door, otherwise known as "homely". It's all about Giada De Laurentis.......

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
1. The artificially created dichotomy of right-wing and left-wing

2. The artificially created dichotomy of religion/creationism vs. atheist-materialism & evolution-theory

3. The "Illuminati-Conspiracy-Theory" as Black Propaganda

4. Ancient Extraterrestrials

5. The cover-up of Self as Infinite Consciousness or "How the soul has been entrapped within this simulated reality"

6. The Control and Surveillance Paradigm (Public Cams, Internet Spying, etc.)

7. The Machiavellian Enslavement of Africa

8. Psychological Warfare & Problem-Reaction-Solution Methods

9. UFO Cover-Up

10. Conspiracies in Childhood Education

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
My favourite conspiracy is that UFO secrecy is nothing to do with fear of panicking the public, at least not anymore. It’s safeguarding financial investments, cracking UFO tech would literally be the golden goose; free energy, military superiority basically the keys to the planet or solar system and beyond. Ask yourself would you share or trust other nations with this technology, would you want China or Korea or Japan etc to make the breakthrough first? We have seen that nuclear technology leaked out in the wrong hands, through political gestures and poor security etc. Would you want Iran or North Korea going out and making first contact? Or keep it in the family, progress might be slower but at least you can control it right?

Freemasons, I am a freemason I don’t know who you are talking about here; my brethren are a bunch of old bureaucrats heavily involved in charity works etc. We are not trying to control the world, as far as I know.

Religion is dying people are becoming too educated to be manipulated, and/or have lapsed because its social influence has gone; it was conceived as social morality control through ‘supernatural’ enforcement with a lack of faith or evidence its power has wavered and we are seeing society breakdown accordingly.

NWO – probably exists, money talks right? global meltdown – is a power play and has been orchestrated to kick it off; this is just the beginning.

911 = The Reichstag fire an excuse for the war on terror by big business, so as an excuse to rape Iraq and steal its oil before China made any deals with them.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Skyfloating. That list was awesome. So awesome that it made me re-think my list entirely (though, I'm not going to edit it). I sat here for 20 minutes thinking and arranging conspiracies, but you've managed to come up with a couple things I'm slappin' myself for disregarding. Star for you! I appreciate your deep thought.

- Strype

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

Your list is fine. I just figured I´d post something different than what has already been said

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
1) Suppression of clean/free energy

2) Pine gap

3) Alien/UFO cover ups

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
These three although all of it is interconnecting. Once a shadow government is hypothesised, the rest fall neatly into place. Actually I consider them all parts of the same Conspiracy.

1. Corporations(including Banks) as shadow government/Bilderberg meetings/NWO/IPC control of WTO

1. Global Warming hoax & Al Gores $$ making scheme of carbon credits
    2. The artificial manipulation and exploitation of the worlds financial systems, for profit (including the recent staged stock market problems)
    3. The conspiracy fact that the Federal reserve currency violates the constitution and that the FED's goal is to increase financial sector dominance over the economy (and profits)
    4. Media propaganda
    5. JFK assassination an inside job
    6. 911 an inside job
    7. The military/industrial conspiracy to keep the American public at war
    8. The Complete Monitoring of the Internet by Intelligence Organizations

2. Population Control
    1. Dr Mary's Monkey (the book, about New Orleans biotech, the spread of cancer in vaccines and the engineering of AIDS
    2. Sterilizing third world females using tetanus vaccine Bio-weapons spread through vaccines/forced vaccination/FEMA Camps for those who refuse
    3. stanglehold Big pharma and other "health organizations" have on the treatment of life threatening diseases such as cancer and the political leverage used plow almost all resources into treatment and prohibit any cures from being officially documented, as well as seriously funded.

3. Obama's rise to power/ shady connections/ alias/eligibility

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

#1 Alien Abduction

#2 Pastlife Memory

#3 Ancient Civilizations (from a more panoramic / alternative perspective)

These are my top 3 conspiracies.

The reason I added specifics to the 'Ancient Civilization' conspiracy is because the existing forum tends to be 'monopolised' by a select few (3 names in particular spring to mind), who unfortunately shoot down the very suggestion of alternative probabilities ... which is a shame because a lot of members refrain from posting there (myself included), because they know they will be shot down in flames as the usual suspects close in (often using quite aggressive and/or rude intimidation tactics).

I'm sure I'm not the only ATSer who would love to participate in those subjects but actually avoids it like the plague for the reasons mentioned.

Great idea BTW !

Woody

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Mine is not so much a conspiracy as it is a huge on going Mystery

In Chaco Canyon, New Mexico, between 850 and 1130 AD, ancient Pueblo people constructed twelve massive buildings and several roads in alignment to the sun and the moon. These astronomical relationships have been studied and documented extensively by the Solstice Project, a non-profit organization participating in the proposed project.

Anna Sofaer, archaeoastronomy researcher of Chaco since 1978, is the discoverer of the Sun Dagger site atop Fajada Butte, where precise light and shadow markings move across spiral petroglyphs recording the summer and winter solstices, the spring and fall equinoxes and the 18.6-year cycle of the moon.

Some of these structures are huge and many of the rooms have no doors windows no access whatsoever. Why were they built, what were they used for? There are some that suggest the site is a gateway to other words?

Well that's mine and what makes it so cool as all of us can drive out there and visit the site... its a national park ya know.... I'll see if I can post pictures later...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
  • Obama's rise to power/ shady connections/ alias/eligibility

• Argh! I agreed with your entire list until you threw Obama in. Now, I'll be honest. I highly considered putting him in my list as well. Here's why I didn't.

Con-spir-a-cy:

1. the act of conspiring.

I guess we can't talk about a conspiracy without knowing what conspire means, right?

Con-spire:

1a. to agree together, secretly, to do something wrong, evil
    illegal: They conspired to kill the king.
    2a. to act or work together toward the same result or goal.

Ok, we all know that every politician "agrees secretly," but has he done anything wrong, evil or illegal? If I wanted to be extremely technical, that would require posting definitions of these as well. Instead, we'll just assume that we all know what these words mean. Wrong? Maybe. Problem is, wrong is an opinionated word. What one views as wrong may not be viewed as wrong by their neighbor. Has he done wrong? You tell me. It's irrelevant, and it can't be used as evidence of anything. Evil? Once again, the perception of evil is different amongst everybody. Has he been evil? You tell me. But it's still irrelevant, nor can it be used as evidence of anything. Illegal? Illegal, in the country of the United States, is not opinionated. Laws are set, and if they're broken, justice shall grant punishment accordingly (... no comment). Has he broken laws? Who knows? But if he has, he surely hasn't been caught. For if he were caught, he would be tried as anybody else would.

Moving on...

2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.

Have we any evidence that he's formed an evil, unlawful, treacherous or surreptitous plan with another person (or more)? I think if such evidence were present, the country not only would push for trial, but would have an entirely different opinion of Obama, as a whole.

3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.

Read Above. (Though joining this so-called conspiracy to overthrow the government sounds reasonable
    )

4. Law. an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.

Again, this pertains to the "unlawful" part of #2. Had he broken any laws, he would be tried.

5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

Blah, there it is. He's guilty. He's agreed to actions in order to bring about a certain outcome.

I retract my entire statement. #5 proves that Obama is indeed a conspirist.....

Lets give the man a minute. He's not exactly starting with a clean slate.

- Strype

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:32 AM
    link   
    In my humble opinion

September 11 2001 - Innocent people died that will never be forgotten

NASA - Tether incident

Roswell - Over time the truth has risen to the surface

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:40 AM
    link   

• JFK murder
    • death of marilyn monroe
    • 9/11 as an inside action
    • modern schoolsystem - watched globally
    • vatican in controll of secret knowledge hidden in the vatican library
    • mind controll
    • global and general disinformation

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:45 AM
    link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
    In my humble opinion

September 11 2001 - Innocent people died that will never be forgotten

NASA - Tether incident

Roswell - Over time the truth has risen to the surface

As a believer in ET life, the tether incident has been debunked countless times. Have you not read the information provided here on ATS regarding the STS-75 incident? If you read through the threads, I'm pretty sure you'd realize that there's nothing abnormal going on in that video.

Aside from that, I like your list. 9/11 and Roswell are defiantely 2 of the largest conspiracies ever faced. One can only hope that someday we will know the absolute truth behind these events.

Cheers.

- Strype

Edit: Sp

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Strype]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join