It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members: What are your top-ten conspiracy theories of all time?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
JFK
ufo's
9/11
Obama antichrist
niburu planetx what ever its called
nwo

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
1. The fallen 'angel'/alien Lucifer galvanizing humanity to oppose and fight God when Jesus returns. This entails a deception of what 'aliens' are and also all the government conspiracies, like 9/11. Lucifer places whoever he wants in power, everywhere, and also 'blesses' with wealth. To promote this lie, SciFi like StarTrek and StarWars make people believe that there are actually sentient aliens, and all evolved, and no God. It goes even into our entire educational system, trying to manipulate facts to make people think that there is no God.

2. Banks counterfeiting massive amounts of money, and calling it 'marginal banking'. It is a form of counterfeiting that entails no costs for its printing. The only costs are to bribe the politicians to allow it, thru their bribes to PACs. They 'support' all contenders, and don't care who wins.

3. Churches 'breaking and teaching to break' the Sabbath. The Holy Spirits' restraining influence is, I think, already removed as of the late '80s. So now we are seeing a sudden increase in lawlessness and outright evil in everything from the 'churches' and the 'law enforcement' to gangs and the illegal drug industry. And by churches, I mean that even the 'pastors' are now lying like rugs. This is important because it is one of the decalogue given by, who is more vital, God.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
1)All Religion - the biggest form of distraction so the sheeple won't see the many conspiracies around them until it's too late to do anything about it.

2)All Religion - control the minds, control the world.

3)All Religion - excuses for wars, population control, dominance.

From the first documented language, people wanted to control other people and the most successful way they discovered to do this was to tell them "God said this."

"God" now goes by other names, "Media" being the most obeyed.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by mmariebored]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
1. Roswell Crash, UFOs & alien technology in the possession of the U.S. government
2. NASA coverup of life/structures/bases on the moon & mars
3. September 11, 2001 - the real cause(s) of the fall of the WTC buildings
4. MkUltra - mind control
5. Assassination of JFK and Bobby
6. Free Energy tech is being withheld from the public
7. Illuminati/NWO
8. The origin of HIV/AIDS
9. The Federal Reserve of the U.S.
10.The Philadelphia Experiment

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I forgot to add to my post, which others have brought up, that many of these conspiracies can be categorized.

I think that the JFK, RFK, MM, MLK, ect assassinations could be lumped together, along with the various NWO groups, activities of Big Oil, Big Pharma, Big Banking/Insurance/Investment, Iranians hostage crisis, 9/11, and so on, together with the activities of the CIA, war on drugs, the list goes on. While these groups probably do work together, attend each others meetings and such, I think they just as often oppose each other, inner circle people at one meeting are spies at the next, all that sort of stuff, which is good, because otherwise they would have succeeded in the NWO project, if not for continuous bickering over who will wind up in charge.

Then there is the whole UFO/aliens/mind control conspiracies, and I think the people in this group are totally different than the people in the first group. The people in this group scare the bejesus out of the first group, so the first group supports the second groups funding. Who knows what alliances exist among these people, but no doubt there are rivalries as well.

Then there are the religious groups, who are even more fractured than the first group, and slowly losing power. I think the first group sees this ancient third group as excellent tools in their quest to control the masses, but they don't trust those in charge of these various religious factions. The goal here is to keep various groups in the general population fighting each other, thus justifying wars.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
1. 9/11
2. UFOs/ET
3. Skull and Bones

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
1) What did William Cooper get right, that got him killed by the Feds?

That was the original question that got me interested in conspiracy theory.
I bought and read "Behold A Pale Horse" when I was a freshman in highschool.

I also went to the same highschool Lee Harvey Oswald went too. Arlington Hights High School in Fort Worth.

I would like to add that I am extremely jealous of SkepticOverlords avatar, Dude Lebowski...why didn't I think of that.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by becomingaware]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

In no particular order.

1. Korean Air Lines Flight 007

KAL 007 was a Korean Air Lines civilian airliner that was shot down by Soviet jet interceptors on September 1, 1983 over the Sea of Japan, just west of Sakhalin island over prohibited Soviet airspace. All 269 passengers and crew aboard were killed, including Lawrence McDonald, a sitting member of the United States Congress. The aircraft was en route from New York City via Anchorage to Seoul, when it strayed into prohibited Soviet airspace due to a navigational error.

2. The suppression of Nikola Tesla

Immediately after Tesla's death became known, the government's Alien Property Custodian office took possession of his papers and property, despite his US citizenship. His safe at the hotel was also opened. At the time of his death, Tesla had been continuing his work on the teleforce weapon, or death ray, that he had unsuccessfully marketed to the US War Department. It appears that his proposed death ray was related to his research into ball lightning and plasma, and was imagined as a particle beam weapon. The US government did not find a prototype of the device in the safe. After the FBI was contacted by the War Department, his papers were declared to be top secret.

The personal effects were seized on the advice of presidential advisers; J. Edgar Hoover declared the case most secret, because of the nature of Tesla's inventions and patents. One document states that "he is reported to have some 80 trunks in different places containing transcripts and plans having to do with his experiments."

3. Hydropolitics / Water Wars

The control of water resources is vital to the survival of a state. This control of water will be the ultimate conspiracy of the 21st century. There is no need for any other conspiracy in my opinion. To control the world all you need to do is manipulate the water supply. With something as important as water to mankind's survival the amount of possible corruption is astronomical.

Water rights and associated issues like global warming and desertification have become issues in international diplomacy, in addition to domestic and regional politics. World Bank Vice President Ismail Serageldin predicted, "Many of the wars of the 20th century were about oil, but wars of the 21st century will be over water".

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
1.NWO

2. Philadelphia project.

3. roswell

I would put 911 up there, but that kind of falls into the NWO category.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Top three? Is that all? Tricky, very tricky. Yes, the obvious ones are 9/11, UFOs and JFK... but it would be good to have a top ten political assassinations thread...

1) JFK
2) RFK
3) MLK
4) Malcolm X
5) Abe Lincoln (he wanted to promote the greenback and the bankers weren't having any of that)
6) Olof Palme
7) Benazir Bhutto
8) Robin Cook
9) Paul Wellstone
10) JFK Junior

Plus of course Gandhi, John Lennon, John Paul I, Lee Harvey Oswald, Jack Ruby... the list goes on and on.

But if I had to go with 10 conspiracy theories, I think, in no particular order, they'd be:

• 9/11
  • JFK
  • suppression of free energy, water-powered cars, etc
  • Pearl Harbor
  • MKULTRA
  • HAARP
  • Roswell/the UFO cover-up
  • CIA drug dealing
  • the setting up of the Federal Reserve
  • Illuminati bloodlines

And my personal pick of books to read for the beginner CT would include:
Illuminatus! - Robert Anton Wilson/Robert Shea
None Dare Call It Conspiracy - Gary Allen
A History of Secret Societies - Akron Daraul
Everything Is Under Control - Robert Anton Wilson

Anyway, I'm going to have to cast my vote for ones that aren't the obvious top 3 but ones I'd like to make it into the lower reaches, and they would be:

1. CIA drug dealing
  2. MKULTRA
  3. Suppression of free energy tech

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Why UFO sites and programmes endlessly bang on about Roswell and a few other cases...... when... the likes of Shag Harbour and Operation Mainbrace offer far more *concrete* evidence for something unusual taking place with multiple witnesses. Open a thread on Roswell, watch it pile up. Open a thread on Shag Harbour, watch it die in the time it takes to drop off the front page of any discussion site.

Carbon C60.. The Earth supposedly faces ecological disaster, there are, reportedly, a large number of patents involving Carbon C60 but the only word in public is its' possible use in the development of a *Chain Gun*.

How come no-one has noticed that Giles Radice, ex member of the British Labour Government is actually Exeter from "This Island Earth" and how come no-one ever points out that. Plus, the so called Blue prints for the Nazi Flying saucer are almost identical to the ship in the very same film...

"2) Conspiracy of Eleanor of Aquitaine to trap Charles the Great - a/k/a Charlemagne - into marriage by offering the foreskin of Jesus as her dowry. "

I'm not sure where this one comes from but; Charlemagne died in 814 a couple of hundred years before Eleanor Of Aquitaine was born...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaspode
1. People's inability to count to three.

I almost fell off my chair when I read that, but I'm glad someone said it

[edit on 11-3-2009 by drock905]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Aliens among us, UFOs.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

How come no-one has noticed that Giles Radice, ex member of the British Labour Government is actually Exeter from "This Island Earth" and how come no-one ever points out that.

Now thats what I call a conspiracy.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by drock905]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Religion
Ufo's
Kennedy Assassination

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
1. EMF-based mind control.
2. Chemtrails.
3. Cancer spread & FDA.
4. JFK assassination.
5. US shadow government.
6. NWO.
7. Terra Papers (origins of life on Earth).
8. Crystal skulls.
9. Atlantis.
10. ET.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Aliens and UFO cover up
Illuminati/shadow governments
Fake Moon landing

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
All right, cool idea I'll jump

~1~ 9/11 was planned!

Bombs in the Building
This is the one that brought me into ATS. Quality arguments from both sides, some bickering, Take a weekend. A Must See!

~2~ MoonLanding?

I had a favorite but I can't remember the title. Oh well there are many, many good ones and again, Quality arguments from both sides.

~3~ Illuminati/Secret Societies!

Are we all really slaves to a secret elite behind the curtain? Many great threads. I believe this is less a theory and more a fact that at least to some extent,will be proven.

It's much harder than I thought to only pick three so I have to add Alien contact/proof of extra terrestrial life being covered up. I must also add that all the items in my post are likely intertwined with each other. So Did I pick 3, or four, or 1?

I look forward to casting a vote that will count.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
1) 9/11 truth
2) 2012 predictions
3) UFO

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
JFK assassination (that is what brought me to ATS)
9/11
the global meltdown

They're actually all related if you consider that TPTB are behind all three.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join