It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theories that have been debunked.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I am wanting everyone to list a conspiracy theory that has been proven false. E.g: The world will end in 1999.

I would like for everyone to list ones that obviously didn't come true, then maybe we can narrow down ones that are highly possible.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Maybe you should start off with a few of your own first other than the world will end in 1999. This may help to nudge some people to actually reply.

Personally, it's a matter of personal view on this one. Many will say that the JFK / CIA assassination has been debunked. However, I will not agree. I believe that factions in the government including the CIA pulled it off and that some of those people are still around today and have held very HIGH offices.

Or the 911 inside conspiracy. Many on here will say it has been thoroughly debunked but as many more (or more) will say hogwash. That the evidence is mounting that it was clearly and inside job and that it goes deeper and higher than we thought.

Or the Roswel crash. You will once again get people on here that will say that the military stated it was a weather ballon and have proven it many times over since. But then you get others that have stories from people that were there who state differently. However, they are simply 'stories' now since there really is no evidence. I tend to believe that we are not being told everything about that event. I don't believe it was chimps or crash dummies that were found either.

So you see, you may want to broaden a little bit more on what you believe has been debunked so that others will be more likely to reply.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I guess your right. I guess I am leaning to ones that have clearly 100% been debunked. There is no chance it happened. The reason I used the 1999 as en example is because the world clearly didn't end. I guess the only ones that are 100% debunked are dates where something specific was supposed to happen.

So does anyone have any dates in history where something "dramatic" was supposed to happen? Then it didn't!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There was one thread here last week, i remember it.
And its been debunked.
"Something big is going to happen 3-9-09"

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The Galactic Federation Of Light.
Remember the blossom goodchild thing?
Thats more a hoax then a conspiracy theory but felt it might fit here.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub89

Again, I don't quite put 'the world will end in 1999' as a 'conspiracy theory'. That is a prediction. A stupid one. But a prediction nonetheless.

Now, the Y2K fiasco could be deemed as a conspiracy theory. One where the software manufacturers stated that if you wanted your computers to work beyond 2000 you needed a pricey update. I would count that as a CT.

So when you ask for dates in history where something was supposed to happen and didn't I think you are looking more for false predictions and such.

CTs are supposed plots to have JFK assassinated by members of our own government or the mob and to pin it on one man like Oswald. Or the government coverup of alien encounters and technology gleened from those encounters.

You will find it very hard to disprove things like that (not saying this is what you are looking for, just a blanket statement in general).

I'm sure there are some out there (some on the tip of my brain but I can't recall them right now probably because once something has been disproven I usually let it go). We have a lot of true CTers on here that I'm sure can help out.

I'm hoping they can provide a list. But there is a thread, within the last couple months, that shows a LOT of real conspiracies that did take place throughout history. Ones that our 'history books' try to change up in order to put a better light on the powers that be.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i never thought id make it past 20

im 25

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
even dates aren't set in stone, because you could still pull the rabbit of fake calendars, f-ex. claim that 300 years were somehow invented during the middle ages.

that would put us right into the early 18th century. people will always find ways to keep failed prophcies alive. what about John Titor? 2008 Olympics...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
even dates aren't set in stone, because you could still pull the rabbit of fake calendars, f-ex. claim that 300 years were somehow invented during the middle ages.

that would put us right into the early 18th century. people will always find ways to keep failed prophcies alive. what about John Titor? 2008 Olympics...

you mean its only 1709?

so i was actually partying like it was 1699...

doesnt have the same ring now does it.

IMAGINE WHERE WE WILL BE IN THE YEAR 2000!!!!

sorry.
is john titor a conspiracy or crazy?
has he proved anything yet? or is he being censored? when he showed up, did he demand someones pants?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11-3-2009 by mahtoosacks]

new topics

top topics

join