It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army patrols downton Samson AL after shooting spree

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by mcgilligan02
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Its funny that your ignorance is blind to the truth. Maybe you should of taken that walk instead of calling me ignorant. tsk tsk.

And yet, you did not refute a single thing that I posted.

Which upsets you more, that fact that I was correct, or the fact that I pointed out your ignorance involving this matter?

[edit on 15-3-2009 by sir_chancealot]

I refuted everything you said, you replied to nothing.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It's good that the Army investigates instead of making wild accusations like some things I've read.

cnsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highground

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by mcgilligan02
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Its funny that your ignorance is blind to the truth. Maybe you should of taken that walk instead of calling me ignorant. tsk tsk.

And yet, you did not refute a single thing that I posted.

Which upsets you more, that fact that I was correct, or the fact that I pointed out your ignorance involving this matter?

[edit on 15-3-2009 by sir_chancealot]

I refuted everything you said, you replied to nothing.

Oh, did you?

Here is what I posted originally:

It *IS* a crime. A federal one at that.

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both”—18 U.S.C. 1385.

Was it expressly authorized by the Constitution or an Act of Congress? No? Then it was a federal crime.

Did you show that it was expressly authorized by the Constitution or an Act of Congress? If you have not, then it broke the law of 18 U.S.C. 1385.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Here is the wrap up of this story - the Army admits it violated Posse Comitatus:

www.military.com...

The report from the Department of Army Inspector General found the use of military personnel in Samson violated the Posse Comitatus Act, which prohibits federal troops from performing law enforcement actions. The names of those involved were redacted from the report. The officer who made the decision to send the Soldiers thought he had the authority based on his experience with responses to Hurricanes Katrina and Andrew, the report said.

Back story on the precipitating factors leading to the rampage:

www.alternet.org...

the true reason why the Army was called out in the first place, something that goes right back to the cause of the shooting rampage: billionaire exploitation of the local Alabamans, not just by the chicken oligarch, but from higher up the predator food chain -- Wall Street banking behemoth JP Morgan Chase.

You see, thanks to a combination of corporate-tax holidays (which reduce local revenues), billionaire greed like the sort that bankrupted Pilgrim's Pride, and Wall Street investment-banking scams on places like Alabama that result in corrupted local officials and bankrupted municipalities, counties and states

[edit on 27/10/2009 by kosmicjack]

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join