It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army patrols downton Samson AL after shooting spree

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Gee, whatever does the U.S. Army have to do as far as police work, which is not their legal job, in that little town in Alabama. I believe I read the incident, unfortunately, happened, the criminal is dead, so what is the military needed for? Even my granddaughters who know little about the Civil War, or the War of Northern Agression, as some here call it, nor are they aware yet of posse commitus, but they ask, "What's this about? It's over. Meanwhile, I will catch them up to speed about the posse comitus act since the public schools have let them down. On the other hand, during the great ice storm of 2009, the National Guard was here doing what they do best, helping the citizens of this commonwealth and the children certainly understood what that was about and agreed with it.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapphirearaidia
reply to post by star in a jar

Yep...

To me sounds like he blanked out or was in a Trance of some kind...

Manchurian Candidate type of trance maybe...???

It looks really so...It makes one scratch their head...a lot...

Quote from article from msnbc...

Neighbor Tom Knowles saw McLendon pull up and begin firing without saying a word, leaving his victims no time to react.

"He had no expression — just dead," he said.

McLendon went inside the house and chased Phyllis White out before driving off, Knowles said. He returned moments later in his car as if he were still looking for her. The witness then made eye contact with him.

"He had cold eyes. There was nothing. I hollered at him. I said, 'Look, boy, I ain't done nothing to you,'" Knowles said. McLendon then left for good.

Full story Ala. shooter has revenge list

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Maybe it was all s etup, a means to little by little, get the mililtary unconstitutionaly placed into our streets? Example, south or north carolina, pennsylvania maybe, someone goes on another shooting spree, and the military now comes in, and sets up camp.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
So what can we do? What can we the people do? Call our press? It's on MSNBC... they just don't mention the illegality of them being there. What can we do?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This is a scary scenario,

I have always wondered if and how such a crime would be setup and made to believe it's a single individual doing this when there is a potential that we could be deceived by Military technology to produce such unrest. Thinking back to the the tragic crime of the Canadian greyhound bus, where a young guy was beheaded, the stories coming from I witness' account for the gruesome crime that showed no emotion, The guy got off due to mental illness, but was a regular citizen and worked and had a family, Is there a force we are not aware of that can create this panic and help shift laws to install higher security? As evil as it may sound and far fetched, again makes me wonder.

Apparently there is now panic about a bomb in Ireland tonight 300lb bomb, getting both sides freaked out and scrambling to find the source. It's doesnt stop there, a nother two people killed in Geremy, different shooting!

whats next?

Refresh...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It dose not make any since why were they called up for just 1 man just because they found alice packs and mag. pouches or was it to show the face of things to come think about the news at night "man jacks up the piggly wiggly and A.P.V.s show up and lay him to waste with a S.A.W. " l live just north of Atlanta Ga and its just a cowinkydink I get home today and dobbins A.F.B. has a bomb scare sorry to derail but it just getts the mind wondering

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Regarding the Bomb scare you mentioned do you know anymore info on this event, or anyone?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Mind Control - Must Read

Mind Control 'Programmed' Individuals The lone gunman that we hear about in assassinations, assassination attempts, school shootings, etc. are mind controlled individuals who had been 'programmed' to carry out those missions. Ted Bundy, the 'Son of Sam' serial killer David Berkowitz, Oswald, Timothy McVeigh, the Columbine shooters, Chapman, Sirhan Sirhan, etc. were mind controlled individuals who were programmed to perform these killings. Tens of thousands of young teenage boys were kidnapped and forced into the mind control training program called The Montauk Project starting around 1976. Al Bielek, under mind control, was involved in many areas of the secret Montauk Project. After slowly recovering his memories beginning in the late 1980's, he came to realize that there were at least 250,000 mind controlled "Montauk Boys' produced at 25 different facilities similar to the underground base at Montauk, Long Island. Many of these boys were to become 'sleepers' who are individuals who were programmed to go into action at a later date when properly "triggered" to engage in some sort of destructive or disruptive conduct. Other Montauk Boys were woven into the fabric of mainstream American life as journalists, radio & TV personalities, businessmen, lawyers, medical professionals, judges, prosecutors, law enforcement, military men, etc.

Thought this may be fitting to the Times.

also;
WIKI

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Nifron]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
sorry forgot the link to the bomb scare
www.myfoxatlanta.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The picture in the link is just fine and loads just fine. Turn off your pop-up blocker and the link takes you to that exact picture.

I just checked and the Alabama Army National Guard wears normal Army Uniforms with the same insignia's and train at the same facilities. There is no way to tell from that picture if those are regulars or National Guard.

If they are National Guard, helping out in that manner is normal. People should find out before you start screaming.

They are not patroling the streets or enforcing the law. They were just guarding a house with five bodies inside to free up the Police to do their job. Ooooh, evil men lending a hand in time of need.

I see from the posts, some of you appear to have never lived in a small town? In my lifetime, I've been twice pulled off the streets, literally, and Deputized to help out. The Local Police would grab anyone available to help until the Sheriff or the State Police could get there to help.

I was even armed once and watched a door with instructions to shoot anyone exiting it in a hostage situation. I was just working down the block on a house. The Officer would not even let me use my own gun and gave me one from the trunk of his car.

I learned a lot about how stupid people are during that experience. I actually had to leave my protection and tell some stupid Parents to stop letting their kids ride bikes past this house that was surrounded by armed men. They just stood their like idiots and let their children ride their bikes by. Some people should not be allowed to conceive.

Twice I had the persons head in my rifle sights and thankfully he did not try to leave. Cops have a rough job. I would not want it.

[edit on 3/11/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

This sounds like a test run that the are doing, IMO. It's all coming "together".
Now we wait for the big event the are laying out before us.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You guys just make this up as you go along, don't you
Sorry Mod's.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I find this story interesting. I live in Alabama but am a Georgia native so I don't know small town Bama quite as well as small town Georgia.

First, I'd like to go over the picture of the MP's standing in the road, the only one I've seen of uniformed troops. Unfortunately, you can't see any of their left arms. If you could, you could easily tell what unit/ whether or not they are National Guard. Though Guard and Army units wear the same uniform, the patches are almost always different on the left arm ( patch of the major command soldier is assigned to) patches on the right arm show prior combat service. The article says they are from the nearby Ft. Rucker and I'm willing to take that at face value. I'd almost guarantee that if they are Active troops they are almost certainly MP's from Ft. Rucker's garrison MP contigent (usually a couple of companies to a battallion in strength). Notice that they have leather holsters for their sidearms, to my knowledge only MP's on garisson duty would have the leather holster/belt like a civillian cop would. The speed with which they were on the scene almost guarantees that they already had that gear issued. The police reflective vests could be either way, they might have been issued those vests as part of their TA-50 issue or it could have quickly been borrowed from civillian LEOs. I've seen MP's with reflective vests that said "millitary police" and just "police" before.

The provost marshall and the units under his command at Ft. Rucker would have some type of relationship with their nearby civillian counterparts. I don't have a problem with these MP's securing a crime scene while local/state LEO's investigate and continue normal patrols. However, I have a big damn problem with anything beyond that unless the crime somehow touches on Ft. Rucker where civilian millitary co-operation would be essential.

Anyway, I figure this is most likely a harmless interaction between two local departments (local sheriff, Ft. Rucker MPs). However, at first glance, I could see how it would be upsetting. Considering these guys were on the street armed probably less well than most of their civilian counterparts, and were securing a scene as opposed to patroling enforcing laws, I don't really have a problem with it.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I am a wife of one of the MP's patrolling Samson Al last night. They were asked to come in and help out. All the MP's did was keep the reporters out and people from going down the 3 block crime scene. They asked for help and the MP's provided that help.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What's the big problem with getting help from the military? When it's for Iraq or Afghanistan you're all supportive of our troops but when it's to help cops out for a little bit it's like this horrible thing. Weird.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
There's a lot of misinfo in this thread. Everyone's screaming "Posse Comitatus" this, "Posse Comitatus" that. These soldiers are MOST LIKELY state national guard, and as long as they are not activated federally, Posse Comitatus does not apply to them. This is why they exist. The National Guard is the only military being that can actually have power inside US borders. They are used during times of emergency. This is not uncommon. Here, in GA, Guard MPs are called up all the time from Ft. Stewart, an ACTIVE DUTY base, to help out with various protests, # around the SWP, when the G8 was here, pretty much anything that would conceivably require extra law enforcement presence.

ALSO did you know: CID agents are considered federal law enforcement officers? Sworn and everything? They can carry guns pretty much anywhere, have a badge, and the same rights/privileges that the FBI and other such agencies have.

There is nothing unconstitutional going on here, there is no sort of coverup, you're looking at it too hard. It's a small town, the local police appears to be nothing but the Sheriff's Department, which is already stretched thin enough as a result of a spree shooting. They are right on top of an Active Duty base, there is such thing as Active Guard, so they most likely just woke them up and called them out to go patrol the street and cover for what the local sheriffs couldn't.

This is not uncommon in military towns, especially the smaller ones.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my understanding, being in the Guard myself.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Great reply high ground. I did not know that about CID but it makes sense. They often operate off base investigating drugs and crime committed by soldiers.

There is absolutely no debate that if these guys are Guardsmen there is absolutely nothing wrong with them being on the scene. I think they are probably Active MP's from Rucker helping out in a security not investigation enforcement capacity. If I could catch a picture of one of them's left arm I could research it and find out.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jj8607
I am a wife of one of the MP's patrolling Samson Al last night. They were asked to come in and help out. All the MP's did was keep the reporters out and people from going down the 3 block crime scene. They asked for help and the MP's provided that help.

Sounds like people should just say "Thank You". So, please tell your Husband "Thanks" and that people like him who help are greatly appreciated.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Plucky piss of with your Alabama bashing, African Americans were treated like that everywhere.

As far as the troops it was a BS. There was no need in it. I haven't read this entire thread I couldn't got tired of your Alabama bashing could of been the NG could of been they thought more might happen.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nifron

I personally think these horrific events could be described as "mind control" but I highly doubt these events are connected to any current human scientific or technological projects.

Instead I think the events could be best described as having a paranormal or demonic origin.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join