It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army patrols downton Samson AL after shooting spree

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think this is more conditioning for we the rabble and the troops to accept this kind of thing. This sucks, big time.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Not to split hairs, but wasn't the usual form of massacre with slaves back in the day hangings and beatings? I'm sure in their minds bullets were too expensive. So yes, it probably would be the worst SHOOTING in Alabama history.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here is the picture:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e1be97013c6a31be.jpg[/atsimg]

I am assuming this order came from State government.

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1
Eerie. Seems like a curfew is in effect? There's nobody in the streets.

Something big coming up?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Why????

Didn't the shooter kill himself shortly after the killings? What were they afraid would happen, a copycat killer or something? Maybe the shooter would return from the dead to wreak havoc once again as a zombie?

It's fishy, its illegal, and above all, its COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY. There was no threat to those people after the guy shot himself, it seems to me like the government is just looking for excuses to flex its muscles.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Arguably, the Posse Comitatus Act in itself is unconstitutional based upon the premise that it would ban any method of national or state defense being used anywhere. Based upon the fact that every able bodied person under the Constitution of the United States is a member of the militia or the posse comitatus.

Have a read on this:
Regarding the Act

Edit to fix url

[edit on 11-3-2009 by spec_ops_wannabe]

[edit on 11-3-2009 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I heard for myself a member of the military at the base call the police chief himself and ask if they could help out in any way. this is a really small town and i am sure the police force is small also. in this type of small town police and members of the military stationed nearby are friends and they were just helping out their fellow brother. I see no harm there. the police were busy doing investigations and needed help.
if your small town was being over run by mexican gangs and your local police say all 10 of them were up against a wall would it be ok for local military men stationed in the same town to step in and help out, or do you say no its illegal just let them kill our friends and love ones? come on people

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

You are making to much sense for that to be true.

Nope, this has government take over all over it. It is the perfect crime, you take 5 MP's and put them in the intersection, in the middle of the night when everybody is home so that the public can get use to seeing them.

That makes more sense

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
But there are no Mexican gangs there, some lunatic just went on a rampage and then splattered his brains all over the pavement, where's the future trouble here?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
But there are no Mexican gangs there, some lunatic just went on a rampage and then splattered his brains all over the pavement, where's the future trouble here?

Read the post you are replying to. The police are investigating and the soldiers volunteered to give them a hand because they needed some help.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140
Oh? Well, lets see how long this lasts.

two lines

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by jd140
Oh? Well, lets see how long this lasts.

two lines

Hopefully not to long, 5 MPs can do alot of damage to a little town.

Citizens beware

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The craziest part of this that I haven't seen mentioned yet is that they are wearing Police sashes. Does this mean they were deputized? Nice work around.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Welp I guess we need that assault rifle ban more than ever now.

Is there a mind control bandwagon going yet? if so I need a spot on it.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
whether they voluteered is no matter to me. they are still dressed in goverment BDUs. There is probably way more to this story.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The picture definitly shows active duty Army, and not National Gaurdsmen.

Someone posted an article from a vancover newspaper website on the Google Finance board, but it appears that the news website has removed the article because when I clicked the hyper link, I got a website cannot be found message in my Internet Explorer.

I then copyed the quoted text and googled it and found this Yahoo News link:

news.yahoo.com...:/090311/ids_photos_ts/r1211985247.jpg/print

Under the picture in the above link, it states:

U.S. Army soldiers from Ft. Ruker guard a home with five bodies inside as investigators search for clues in Samson, Alabama, March 11, 2009. A gunman on the rampage killed at least eleven people in several different locations. Geneva County Sheriff Greg Ward said the eleven people, including the suspected gunman, were killed in the shooting spree and car chase in southern Alabama March 10, 2009.

This base is an Army aviation base: www-rucker.army.mil...

Here is some info on Posse Comitatus

6 U.S.C. § 466 entitled: Sense of Congress reaffirming the continued importance and applicability of the Posse Comitatus Act:

"(a) Findings

Congress finds the following:

(1) Section 1385 of Title 18 (commonly known as the “Posse Comitatus Act”), prohibits the use of the Armed Forces as a posse comitatus to execute the laws except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress.

(2) Enacted in 1878, the Posse Comitatus Act was expressly intended to prevent United States Marshals, on their own initiative, from calling on the Army for assistance in enforcing Federal law.

(3) The Posse Comitatus Act has served the Nation well in limiting the use of the Armed Forces to enforce the law."

Under Federal Criminal Law, this conduct is criminally punishable:

18 U.S.C. § 1385. Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus:

"Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

We all (me included) complained about Bush when acted extra-constitutionally, but it seems nothing has "changed."

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

In the Military we have MP's, Master-at Arms...etc. These are equivalant to Police officers. Yes They wear police sashes. I am sure they are not Infantry soldiers. They have a specialty, which is MP. I agree that it is a small town and they were probably just assisting. I just wonder on who's order.

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Isn't the police supposed to deputize citizens and not military?

This thing smells. It was a horrible tragedy, but it smells to use the military as police...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bamaoutlaw
I heard for myself a member of the military at the base call the police chief himself and ask if they could help out in any way. this is a really small town and i am sure the police force is small also. in this type of small town police and members of the military stationed nearby are friends and they were just helping out their fellow brother.

In any locality were the local police force is small, they regularly call the state police to assist.

For example, I live in New York City. We have a police force with over 30,000 members. There is no New York State Police presence in NYC at all.

However, there are towns up state we the local police force is just a couple of men who go home at night. What they do is inform the local State Police barracks that they are done for the day and State Troppers take over the patrols.

If this incident was to big for the local cops to handle, protocol is to notify rhe Alabama State Police for assitance, not the Army.

As noted in my above reply, this is a federal crime to enlist the military to act in a law enforcement capacity.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Thanks for the info. I always believed the would wear sashes that said MP or Military Police to distinguish them from civilian police forces.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join