It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best UFO Case Ever! JAL Flight 1628 Over Alaska

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Wow. Thank you Karl! That thread was a fascinating read. Honestly, I had never heard of that report before. Granted, the video doesn't provide anything regarding the ability to analyze actual data from that far back, but it does contain plenty of evidence allowing us to speculate that this event really happened. We only have reports of drawings (which aren't provided in the video) and eye witness testimony. Either way, it's another addition to the collection of mounting evidence attempting to prove the existence of ETs. I appreciate the contribution! May the search continue...

- Strype

Edit: I did a bit more research on this subject. It's actually a great story, whether factual or not. There's a lot more interpretation behind this event than most historical sightings. Thanks again, Karl.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Strype]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
One of the best UFO cases for sure. I know some of the people involved.

PS - WHY CAN'T I GET MY AVATAR IMAGE TO SHOW UP???

[edit on 12-3-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great post. Starred and Flagged.

Sorry, I've no contribution to this debate with all the wealth of information already provided. But I've been intrigued with this case for years. What caught my interest were the size of the UFOs. Seeing a craft TWICE THE SIZE OF AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER flying circles around our primitive machine just boggles the mind.

In addition, airline pilots are cream of the crop. They're very smart, observant, calm and collective. Yet, the gov't calls them stupid because they say these pilots can't tell the difference between a flying object and the moon reflecting off the ocean. Take it another level when the gov't says the same thing about air force pilots who are even better trained than commercial airline pilots -- The best of the best with honors.

You would think it wouldn't take that much brain power to realize something is not right here. But, when I try to explain to people and they just dismiss it as rubbish. It feels like I forget to take my stupid pills.

Keep posting and I'll keep reading. Hopefully I'll have something to contribute to this discussion.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by guppy

Thanks for all the replies people keep it coming both pro and con. Lets get a real debate going.

I think and again it's an opinion that the Government may be suppressing some if not all of this stories data simply because they don't have all the answers.

I think they do have real physical proof and hard evidence of alien visitors in the form of crashed UFO's but I'm not sure if they are in contact with any grays or whomever.

Back on topic

As far as the radar data.
That gets really interesting to me because there were anomalies in the data. Radar scattering- Possibly advanced radar avoiding technology in use on the visitors part.

"The military decided about a minute into this exercise that what it was seeing was clutter,"

I think it was The FAA guy who said it best in the video when he mentioned that the size of the radar return was so huge that the computers could have possibly ignored it as a weather pattern and tried to interpret the data hence "Radar Clutter" and the other anomalies described in the report that was posted.

It's a vast Universe there is no telling who is coming to take a look at us and from where. Some feel we have already made contact well so be it, I say "Maybe" but simply because we made contact with some does not mean we know everybody in our neighborhood.

The size of the craft was huge. We are not talking about a tiny little 3 to 5 person saucers here, we are talking about a possible mother ship in my opinion. Other wise we are talking a saucer with giants on board which is not to say that is not theoretically impossible. But far less likely.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

SLAYER...excellent analogy.....the size of the UFO compared to a weather cell.

(even though there was no weather, in the area at the time)

Perhaps some ATC professionals can chime in now....my understanding, from just being a mere pilot, and talking to the occasional controller, is that they can select their display in various modes....for instance, they can suppress all 'skin paints', if they wish....because of clutter on the screen, as they control traffic.

The 'transponder' from the airplane transmits info that the computers display as a 'data block'....AirlineFlt #, altitude, GroundSpeed....and up or down trend.

Over-simplification...but that's the gist.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Remember back in the 50s or 60s radars were pretty sensitive then. At that time, radar in Britain could pick up a jet taking off in Moscow. It was so sensitive they only viewed a certain spectrum which accounts for almost all known flying craft. Otherwise, radar technicians would have to filter out insects.

Imagine the radar systems of today. With so much clutter in the skies now, it is possible to mistake something as huge as a flying aircraft carrier as a cloud. Now if only the radar technicians would look to see if that cloud was flying beyond 300 mph.

My question that I thought of was where were the UFOs heading to or from? Perhaps they have an undersea base in the Pacific. Or an underground base inside a mountain somewhere in Alaska.

Perhaps we can search for other pilots who took the same flight plan and saw similar objects one time or another. It might be a useless search since any incidents reported afterward is probably hushed up. But incidents which happened before JAL Flight 1628 might be on some log book or newspaper clipping.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't have the time at the moment to read the entire thread, but there's a thread discussing a FOIA document released by the NSA that seems to describe JAL-1628.

For people who still don't understand why this is such a compelling case, perhaps this summary will clear things up:

1. Capt. Terauchi - A pilot of 29 years says he saw a UFO
  2. Tamefuji and Tsukuba - The other two crew members, say they saw something that they couldn't explain.
  3. The ROCC controller said he had a primary target in the same position JAL-1628 identified traffic.
  4. The AARTCC controller signed an affidavit saying, "Several times I had primary returns where JL1628 reported the traffic."
  5. Then a week later the FAA Head of Accidents & Investigation, John Callahan, claims he was visited by the CIA, FBI, and Reagan's Scientific Study team, and was sworn to secrecy after discussing the JAL-1628 sighting. A discussion where the subject was treated very seriously; as though it were a real UFO.

It should be noted John Callahan kept the flight records and in front of the National Press Club presented this information boldly stating he's prepared to testify before Congress, under oath, that everything he presented was true.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Xtraeme, I wish I could give more than just the one star!!!!

Brilliant way to sum it up!!!!

EDIT....BTW, you win for best avatar ever!

[edit on 3/12/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Xtraeme

Xtraeme, I wish I could give more than just the one star!!!!

Brilliant way to sum it up!!!!

If you think that's good read this

EDIT....BTW, you win for best avatar ever!

Heh, imagine if UFOs were powered by bread-and-buttered kittens. Amusing mental image, no?

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Bookmarked.

Great contribution Every little bit helps.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Oh my gosh!!!

That is exactly how I power my Jetson's duplicate vehicle!!!

Oh....and I use a little bit of element 115.....

Seriously, this is a good case of a UFO sighting by civilians (well, one or two) willing to come forward.

Corroboration, by not only ARTCC radar, but military radar as well....it's on the tapes....verbally.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Interesting reading about Radar corellation and the UFO Subject from
Major Donald Keyhoe,USAF,1952.

U.S. Air Force and civilian radar experts know enough about temperature inversion to be sure that it doesn't explain the strange objects they've seen on their scopes in Washington, and in other places. And the official Air Force gun - camera photos reproduced here for the first time back them up
BY DONALD E. KEYHOE

In a new investigation of the flying saucer, TRUE Magazine has secured Air Force confirmation of these important facts:

1. Since 1947, hundreds of unidentified aerial objects have been tracked by radar operators of the Air Force, Navy and Civil Aeronautics Administration.
2. More than 300 times, Air Force interceptor planes have chased mysterious lights and unidentified objects revealed by radar scopes.
3. Strange round objects have shown on interceptors gun camera pictures and on photographs from the ground at a missile testing range.
4. The "temperature inversion" or mirage answer to radar sightings widely publicized by Dr. Donald H. Menzel of Harvard has failed to satisfy Force investigators because he has not attempted to explain any specific "saucer" cases in official files.

Contd ....

ufologie.net...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype
reply to post by karl 12

Wow. Thank you Karl! That thread was a fascinating read. Honestly, I had never heard of that report before. Granted, the video doesn't provide anything regarding the ability to analyze actual data from that far back, but it does contain plenty of evidence allowing us to speculate that this event really happened. We only have reports of drawings (which aren't provided in the video) and eye witness testimony. Either way, it's another addition to the collection of mounting evidence attempting to prove the existence of ETs. I appreciate the contribution! May the search continue...

- Strype

Edit: I did a bit more research on this subject. It's actually a great story, whether factual or not. There's a lot more interpretation behind this event than most historical sightings. Thanks again, Karl.

No probs mate-

Its certainly a very interesting USO account and there are a great many more on the relevant thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

As for the JAL 1628 incident,found this interesting quote from the pilot:

"It is impossible for any man-made machine to make a sudden appearance in front of a jumbo jet that is flying 910 kilometers per hour and to remain in steady formation paralleling our aircraft. ... Honestly, we were simply breathtaken."

Japan Airlines pilot Kenju Terauchi in 1986

www.prufospolicedatabase.co.uk...

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Great thread thanks for posting it I'v always wondered about this case.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Re not being able to use the camera at the time you want to take the shot and the autofocus problem..

The most frustrating things about the pricey-at-the-time Fuji FinePix camera I bought a couple years ago, (because it had a 10X optical zoom) are the two things mentioned by the crew in the JAL report. 1) I have missed many great shots while waiting for the darn thing to "boot up" 2) there are soo many controls on the darn thing that I have to carry the manual around with me on vacations 3) The Autofocus will focus on the window or windshield instead of thing outside the window... 4) The autofocus does not work at all on 'soft' objects 5) when the autofocus 'works, it is usually always a little out of focus...

However I did manage to catch one pix of an unidentified object (using manual focus) that looked at 10x as it did in binoculars in this image...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

That's a lot to read. Thanks.
This is a great site.
WooT

I should do an intro thread.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Here is a complete report.

LINK

The Fantastic Flight Of JAL 1628

Bruce Maccabee

original source | fair use notice

Summary: This is the complete report on the UFO sighting by the Japanese crew of a jumbo freighter aircraft in November, 1986. What you are about to read is the most complete and analytical investigation of this sighting ever published.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Just watched a special on Discovery called MONSTERS AND MYSTERIES in ALASKA IM sure video was posted already of this documentary but it did a good job describing this case. WOW what a case! I myself believe this one is in the top 3, probably number 1 or 2! good job everyone on this one... Hope someday we know who that was up there.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

very good post. the odd thing is since 1986, there hasn't been a sighting that well documented. i want to believe but most of the postings have been questionable, and difficult to ascertain lights in the night time sky. this posting has something really substantial to work with. of course some debunkers would say the crew was enjoying some of that wine cargo. i wish there was more of such sightings with official investigations with reliable sources. and i wish they came from this decade. great op.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

"This is your captain, if you look out our starboard side you will see... "

I think I have solved this one. The giant craft was a cruise ship.

Think about it. The craft is HUGE and can carry a LOT of passengers.
It is on a sightseeing trip across the polar caps.
It sees a human aircraft, and like a boat load of sight seers seeing a whale it closes in on it.
It flies near and around the 747 so everyone on board can get a good look.
Then it flies off on its original course.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join