It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Alien hybrid born in 1735 Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I was doing some research and came across this particular website and pictures of a preserved "mutated baby" born in Germany in 1735.

265 years ago, a 28 year old German woman named Johanna Sophia Schmied who lived in the village of Taucha near Leipzig, gave birth to a monster that is unlike any other. This monster has become popularly known as the "Chicken Man."

cassiopaea.xmystic.com...

sprott.physics.wisc.edu...

It appears that the woman gave birth to this "baby" stillborn and is being preserved in a museum in Germany. The "baby" underwent a full autopsy and a report was filed over 30 pages. It looks as if the thing is not human, or is human crossed with something else.

Good pictures on this website below (however in German) and you can see markings where the autopsy was performed.

www.cull.de...

Has anyone else done research on this particular case?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm not an expert on birth-defects, but is there any evidence that this poor, hideous thing is alien outside of looking strange?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This looks like the worst case of the Roberts Syndrome I've ever seen.

As far as I know they didn't find any internal body parts which are not of human origin. Some are missing, like the ears, though.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I saw a movie a few years ago about babies from Ukraine that had birth defect because of the radiation from Chernobyl. The movie was called ''Chernobyl hearts'' will try to find a link.

en.wikipedia.org...

Anyway, it shows a lot of birth defect nearly as strange as this one. There was a little baby girl, maybe 2 years old with her head ressembling that one. Her brain was growing out of her skull. It is not a movie for the faint-hearted, I'm not normally moved with movie, but I could not help but ot shed a tears for those poor child.

Is there any info about the mother ? Did she told of strange things at conception ? The birth defect hypothesis is IMHO far more likely with the info we have.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
That is aweful. I feel really bad for that poor thing. Whether it is alien or not I don't know but I doubt it. Either way that kind of thing sucks for the being going through it. Did it survive at all even for a couple mins??

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hmm. Interesting.
I wonder if DNA testing would take the monster out of the speculation.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bad man incorporated
Hmm. Interesting.
I wonder if DNA testing would take the monster out of the speculation.

No doubt it would. There's really nothing alien about it if you've looked at images of fetuses... This is just a badly, badly deformed child that's not even close to being fully developed.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I love ATS, because everyday I am reminded of just how much ignorance exists in the world. Despite the stated mission to "Deny Ignorance," this place is rife with the perpetuation of science fiction...

I'm one of those people who likes to ask questions...it seems like most folks on here REFUSE to ask questions....

Those three links all lead to a narrative about a child, born in 1735, and preserved in formaldehyde since then.

It only took me about 30 seconds to google & find the fact that we didn't start using formaldehyde for preservation until the mid 1800s.

Case closed. This is a hoax. And not even a good one.
Y'all should start reading more critically...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nicholaswa

What's to say they did not firstly use current methods available at the time then later down the line when newer methods were available switch to using that method. All the article states is that it can be viewed in a museum in Germany preserved in formaldehyde. The only issue I have with that is that formaldehyde is now banned with in the EU but whether that pertains to historic use as well as current use I am not sure.

Robert Boyle's observation in the 1650s that decomposition of animal and human tissues could be prevented by immersing them in spirits of wine was a notable advance. This remained the principal method of cadaveric preservation until the latter half of the nineteenth century, when the antiseptic and preservative properties of formaldehyde were discovered.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nicholaswa

First of all I am not saying this is an alien before you construe my response to say so.

In the realm of science and our development as such, at this point how are we to say what is science fiction and what is science fact. Half the tech we use today was not too long ago considered to be science fiction. We honestly have no idea.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

Absolutely, and it's tragic. A full report on these cases (including reports on the other associated images like the fake 'goblin' creature in the cave, can be found with full sourcing and links to ATS Threads Discussing each case, in this Compilation Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope that helps, there are a lot of cases in that thread that newer ATS members might want to look over, in order to prevent multiple postings on a particular case.

I've never seen this particular image before, but I'd definitely agree it's a natural human deformity, and quite sad.

-WFA

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the post bash Nicholas. My whole post was dedicated to asking a mere question of "who" if anyone has done research THIS particular case and if so please give other details they have found besides these links.

Again taking a quote from your own post and turning it around, "I love ATS, because everyday I am reminded of just how much ignorance exists in the world." See what I did there?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I agree just a birth defect and I have looked at the natural museum where this one is held and they have several cases that could fit the same category.

I have tried to post the link but I am unable to as it uses a : in the URL and it only links up to the part before the : character..

I will see if this works throw the link below into a web browser.

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Museum_Waldenburg

The second picture in on the page is the one we are discussing here.

[edit on 3/11/2009 by nosmokinggun]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well, to answer your question, I did some research...
and determined rather quickly that the narrative on the other side of those links is science fiction and not fact...
There's a lot of it out there...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hi there nosmokinggun, and thanks for attempting to use supporting imagery to back up your case! In the interest of your being able to better accomplish this in the future, this is my recommendation:

1) When you find an image you want to post about, save that image to your computer (and write down the URL it came from for proper sourcing please).

2) Upload that picture file to the ATS Media Portal (this will add that pic into your own members section)

3) Get the link for embedding that image from the page once your pic has been uploaded.

4) post that link into your text, and your image will appear in the thread.

5) if that image was not your own work, and came from another website, please post the source link (or URL) as well for proper citing.

It's that easy. Good on you for using images to support your arguments!

-WFA

[edit on 11-3-2009 by WitnessFromAfar]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the tip!!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Looks like a harlequin fetus

horrorstories.anthonet.com...

n2.cdn.spikedhumor.com...

The birth defect is called Congenital Ichthyosis.

and yes, those are pictures of real people.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Good that we have a search function here on ATS!
I here by reopen this case!

The chicken man.

In 1735, the 28 year old Johanna Sophia Schmied from Diving near Leipzig, gives birth - after three healthy children - to her fourth child. According to Dr. Friderici the pregnancy was not as usual. The birth process dragged on over a full seven hours. Dr. Friderici describes the mother "of short stature, slender body and choleric, melancholic temperament". At birth, she has been married 10 years with "a hunchback". After completing two drawings of the 'monster' an autopsy is performed by Dr. Friderici on the foetus, with amazing results.

The huge head of approximately 30 cm foetus is not - as you may expect - a so-called 'Water-Head"(hydrocephalus), the odd outgrowth was filled with brain tissue. The other internal organs showed also deviations, e.g. lacks the pericardium. Dr. Friderici explains that the heart was surrounded by "peculiar thin layers of tissue".

It was also noted that the lower arm and lower leg are not human like, the lower arm and lower leg had only one bone where humans normally have 2 bones. Furthermore, the knee cap is missing, as can be seen on the picture of the foetus which is very well preserved. Clearly visible are the sections of the autopsy as well.
Source

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'd say those are like old time fakery.
Ever see Letterman show the ET puppet in the window video.
That's like new time fakery.
Ever see comic book covers in the 50's with all the horror fakery,
well fakery can sell.
And some can sell the biggest fakery.
Only now everyone grew up and we are in a big time fakery world and
can't get out.

new topics

top topics

join