It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress at work: '$1 billion an hour'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Congress at work: '$1 billion an hour'

www.politico.com

“To put that in perspective, that’s about $24 billion a day, or about $1 billion an hour—most of it borrowed. There’s simply no question: government spending has spun out of control.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Partisan views aside : our Federal Government is losing control with spending.

A billion dollars an hour? Our children will not even be able to bear the interest on this spending. Even if this does spur a most remarkable change in our economy, it will take a near miracle to ever hope to pay it back. I wonder if the Government is even considering repayment or if the alternative is a foregone conclusion.

I know the dems will blame this on the republicans and vice versa BUT I think that everyone here should be able to agree, politics aside, that the government is responsible for bankrupting the nation.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
A week or so ago, a buddy of mine and I were discussing this exact thing. At that time, we had calculated that the spending was around $280,000 per second, since Obama had taken office.

It's just crazy....

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I wonder how long until Americans want to go and live in Zimbabwe for a chance at a better life??

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Like we have any intention of ever paying any of this money back.

Do you seriously think that debt owed to the federal reserve bank is ever going to be collected? This government is never going to pay back these loans.

Once the NAU starts up and we all are forced to convert to the Amero the debt clock will revert to 0.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by accuroman
I wonder how long until Americans want to go and live in Zimbabwe for a chance at a better life??

Indeed. I wonder also for monthes, if not years, why so few americans do appear in Europe as Economic Refugees...

Maybe a coming trend.

new topics

top topics

join