It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Nazi camp guard charged 29,000 times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Former Nazi camp guard charged 29,000 times

news.yahoo.com

BERLIN – German prosecutors said Wednesday they have charged retired Ohio auto worker John Demjanjuk with more than 29,000 counts of accessory to murder for his time as a guard at the Nazis' Sobibor death camp, and will seek his extradition from the U.S.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
From what I read of this article, it seems that the case against this man is very weak. He has already been in custody for seven years before they released him due to lack of evidence.

I am all for taking ex Nazi's to task, but my main complaint is why many Nazi's who were responsible for much more death than a prison guard (like the scientists who and phsycologists who tortured and maimed many Jews and German dissidents) not only got off scott free, but were put to work here in the U.S. Many of the best Nazi generals and squad commanders were put to work training death squads in South America under "Operation Paperclip".

Why are these organizations not calling for justice on these wretched excuses for human beings. Is this case really about justice? Your thoughts.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What is the point now? The guard is now about 80 years old

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You ask what is the point in bringing him to trial now that he's 80 years old? May I suggest that his age has nothing to do with it. If this person is indeed guilty of what he has been accused of, then in my opinion he should most certainly be tried. Just because his crimes occured so many years ago does lessen the severity of them. And concerning the other post, just because there were even greater monsters who performed even greater crimes against humanity, this does not make this person less of a monster.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by peewee1263
You ask what is the point in bringing him to trial now that he's 80 years old? May I suggest that his age has nothing to do with it. If this person is indeed guilty of what he has been accused of, then in my opinion he should most certainly be tried. Just because his crimes occured so many years ago does lessen the severity of them. And concerning the other post, just because there were even greater monsters who performed even greater crimes against humanity, this does not make this person less of a monster.

You are missing the point, They should be just as adamant that other criminals who were swept under the rug should also see justice metered out. You will never see these people called out, and most people do not know that they were ever spirited away to safety to continue their monstrous work at Edgewood, and other places. This is what led to all of the MKULTRA and other freaky programs carried out on civilians and soldiers. These people not only have the blood of WW II on their hands, but also the victims of their "research" here in the states.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by influx.destruction
What is the point now? The guard is now about 80 years old

Well, if he is guilty, he should still pay. The case seems weak the way it is portrayed in the story though.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by influx.destruction

Agreed and let's not forget that the WWII German military (even the SS which ran the concentration camps among many other tasks including direct combat operations) was CONSCRIPT force ... I highly doubt he had a say in what his assignment was.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

Look to me like as the man been one of the last survivors around he is been taken all the sins of his leaders.

What a joke, just like any military now a days in our own nation he follow his leaders commands.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

except these days war criminals
are normaly protected by their goverments,
example the US and Israel who will do everything in their power to bring other criminals to justice but when it comes to their own

Laws mean shizle all

top topics

join