It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Urged to Step to Plate on Climate Politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Scientists Urged to Step to Plate on Climate Politics

Money and politics, the stuff of social science, now drive global warming, and climate science needs to get with it, a National Research Council report suggests. "Demand is growing for credible, understandable and useful information for responding to climate change," says the report, called Restructuring Federal Climate Research to Meet the Challenges of Climate Change.

The report, released Thursday, calls for "transformation" of climate science to emphasize the climate's influence on food, economics and public health. Otherwise, there's lots of evidence that politicians will tackle such practical problems without scientists.

In his speech to Congress last week, for example, President Obama asked his audience "to truly transform our economy, protect our security, and save our planet from the ravages of climate change." The Senate and House had hearings last week that explored the economics of climate change.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So there is no mistake!

I always enjoy these discussions. Yes the Earth will survive, the real question is will man? Global warming/ Climate change/ Fragile Earth call it what you want!

The facts are that Earth has had major and minor Eco changes all throughout its history. In geological terms Mankind is a newcomer to such things.

Have 6.7 Billion people contributed to a change? I will say yes! Will this lead to the destruction of Earth? No! Again the Earth will survive but will it be an Earth mankind can survive on?

Whether these are changes that happen naturally over time or whether man has contributed to a change is really irrelevant what’s really important is what can we do for our children and grandchildren?

This argument over what to call it or what is causing it is like having our house on fire and instead of doing something about it, we are all standing around arguing whether it was a lightning strike or was it the coffee pot that short circuited and do nothing to put out the fire.

There has been ice ages in the past and then massive melt offs and possible meteorite or comet impacts that caused massive extinctions nobody argues that those events have not happened. We could be in the middle of a cycle that has been happening for billions of years.

We should stop arguing over what it's called and whats causing it. The dinosaurs died off and I'm pretty sure to them their idea [if they had any] of the Earth was destroyed as they knew it. I think we are headed for a massive change!

How soon and to what extent? Nobody really knows. We can run computer simulations all we want and they can be pretty accurate, heck those types of simulations are what got us to the moon! So I think they are pretty valid again what can we do about it?

I'll tell you right now that a carbon tax or whatever they want to call it won’t do squat! What we need to do is get off the freaking fossil fuel kick! If anything else we could all breath a little easier!

Hey people the house is on fire!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

No replies now that is a conspiracy

join