It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No sign of U.S. correcting regional "mistakes": Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

No sign of U.S. correcting regional "mistakes": Iran

www.reuters.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's top authority said the new U.S. administration was showing no sign of trying to correct its predecessor's "big mistakes" in the region, including Afghanistan, Iranian media reported on Wednesday.

Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei made his comments at a meeting with visiting Turkish President Abdullah Gul, whose country recently said it was working to create "better understanding" between the United States and Iran.

Khamenei has final say on matters of state, including foreign relations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iranian Presidential Race Heats Up as Third Reformist Candidate Join

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

"Khamenei has final say on matters of state, including foreign relations."

Does that come as a shock to anybody who knows the Iranian political system? It goes on to say

"President Barack Obama has offered to engage Iran in direct talks if the Islamic Republic "unclenches its fist," in a major shift from the approach of George W. Bush."

OK so who is offering the olive branch now?
Keep reading.

"In the cases of Afghanistan and Iraq, the American government made a big mistake and the stance of the current American government on the issue of Gaza is one of America's other big mistakes," the official IRNA news agency quoted Khamenei as telling Gul on Tuesday night."

I guess if Khamenei said it then this must be true.

Lets see when these new elections go through if they have a change of heart. Stay tuned.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Man you are going to get hammered by the pro iranian nut jobs here. Once you people realize that no matter what the US does we are doing it wrong. Not until we give up our country to illegals and foreign nations will these crazy people relent. Funny how alot of these pro Iranian people are living in the Infidel country of the United States. I say if they want to defend them as they do...Move to Iran, the country you so love.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think if they want to correct the situation then they should get out of the middle east and stay out of other peoples problems.
America has its own problems to deal with.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I agree 100%. We should stop policing the world. We should stop giving our money to other countries. We should seal up our borders. We do have our own problems and we do not need to deal with everyone else's..

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

your a Nut Job in its self
refering to anyone that disagrees with you as a Nut Job

lets look into this

Unclinch their fists, US still claiming Irans after Nukes even so
their own Inteligence agency said they arent,

so in Terms the US wants Iran to stop their Nuclear program.

Also Iran has said they would have talks over afganistan on issues on stablaizing the country, werent they willing to help out aswell before Bush and his axis of evil speach, Must be another Iran?

You saying the US didnt make a Mistake going into Iraq and Afganistan wasnt poorly conducted,
and the US has shown whos the Boss when it comes to Israel when they can dicate how the US runs its forign affairs.

who Knows the US political system, so Far all it favers is the select few

also the word Infidel is over rated and used to much by nut Jobs

[edit on 11-3-2009 by bodrul]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Yeah i just read he report from the CIA about them having only fuel grade material and not weapons grade kind of makes me think.

thanks for your reply.

Slay

join