It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Introduces Bill to Audit the FED

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Beside the fact that this will never see the light of day I gotta say I like this guy and I like the way he thinks.

Its ok that it will not pass but we still need people like him to try and to get the spotlight on these issues. At least he is not just sitting in his office like a bump on a log.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

hmm if i was the government and needed ron paul out of the picture i would launch a massive dis info campaign and plant some incriminating evidence on him of some sort , and then maybe when everyone thinks hes no good , take him out. i would assume the government would do something similar, if they just killed him they his supporters would be looking for the governments head to roll. hmm or maybe kill him and make it look like a heart attack. eh i think im rattling on here and starting to sound weird ahha. but i doubt they would try anything as well.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Eventually the people over take the oppressor, just ask the king of france.

I'm sick of waiting, I want eventually to be NOW, lol. How great it would be for the masses to drag these robber barrons and their corrupt government lapdogs that have destroyed our countries into the streets and put their severed heads on pikes on Wall St. Anybody here who has dealt with pretty much ANY financial institution or business knows that they will GLADLY take your last dollar and let your children starve, while the CEO wipes his arse with it.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thanks Ron ... but in reality - we the people told Congress No money and they represent us, or at least they did initially - and then they passed it anyway after 97% of the population said no.... taxation without representation.... we dont owe diddilly .... carpet baggin bastards ....

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I would like the start by awarding a round of applause to the OP. S&F!

I think that Ron Paul not advancing very much during the Presidential Election has been a blessing in disguise. He may not be running the show, but he is more well known for his blunt stance against Government and Corporate actions that are less than honorable.

I agree with the many who state their sadness that his bill will not get very far or will quickly be usurped by some new Governmental decree. However this truly is a step in the right direction. Each time these wrong-doings get brought to light more and more of the public become aware... not just the dwellers of the the web and other Media Outlets (I suppose that is me calling all of us out...
)

Let's wait and see how this pans out...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder about Ron Paul and why he is allowed to do things like this. I am starting to become worried he is a disinfo agent. He preaches about the problems and attempts to change them. His purpose may be to be a voice to like minded people who are aware of what is going on. To give us the hope that someone is trying to make things right, a way for us to vent our anger and say, "Well, at least he's on our side."

If he really did have the power to mess up TPB or was a rouge agent outside of the system he would have been put down or discredited a long time ago.

Just my 2 cents.

-Space Fetus

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MacroVisio

I was told by one of our military working at Ft Knox back in 1972 that there was only a small amount of gold in there and for some reason they had a lot of heroin stashed away.

Wilson ,himself, admitted after he allowed the Fed and IRS a foot in the door , in exchange for the presidency ,that he had ruined this country. They have pumped and dumped us for 96 years now and finally they have reached the stage to end all paper money globally, make up their own money (amero,etc.), then offer us 10 cents on the dollar or less.

I supported Ron Paul and still do. I pray that he can actually make a difference and reveal the globalists for what they are.

Ron Paul for president (of Texas). Chuck Norris can be VP.

edit for spelling

[edit on 11-3-2009 by seabisquit]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

What too few people realize is that Oz does not look as great, mysterious, and powerful when you realize there is just some old guy behind the curtain speaking into a microphone.

This is why this bill will never pass.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Space_Fetus
I sometimes wonder about Ron Paul and why he is allowed to do things like this. I am starting to become worried he is a disinfo agent. He preaches about the problems and attempts to change them. His purpose may be to be a voice to like minded people who are aware of what is going on. To give us the hope that someone is trying to make things right, a way for us to vent our anger and say, "Well, at least he's on our side."

If he really did have the power to mess up TPB or was a rouge agent outside of the system he would have been put down or discredited a long time ago.

Just my 2 cents.

-Space Fetus

They try to discredit him all the time. Check out some YouTube videos during the election. CNN and MSNBC often had him on just to take jabs at him, but unfortunately for them they would ask a real question and he would blow their mind with the truth. I have seen more than one instance where the interviewer was speechless because they were just talking heads out to take a jab at the quack, and he schooled them.

Have heart, there really are a few people out there who know and speak the truth. The problem is that they rarely get the airtime or publicity they deserve. Thats why you see a lot of independent video on YouTube about Ron Paul. The internet is the closest thing we have to a "free press", I just hope we can protect it.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
At least people will be on record for either standing with corruption or against it. Won't be very hard if the poopy hits the fan to figure out who was for freedom and liberty and who was protecting the corrupt devils. Just have a look at their voting records.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by libertytoall]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Oh if this stuff doesn't happen peacefully...if we don't get our country back peacefully....There will be bloodshed. All those bast@rds in Congress who fulfill their sorry agenda's instead of the American Public...they'll get theirs....that's if they don't want peace....maybe they want some war?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
We need a few hundred more Ron Pauls.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I don't know if all of you actually read the bill, but Ron Paul is not the only Congressman who supports this surprisingly ... there are others ... not exactly sure where they are from but here they are

Mr. PAUL (for himself, Mr. KAGEN, Mrs. BACHMANN, Mr. BARTLETT, Mr. JONES, Mr. REHBERG, Mr. POSEY, Mr. BROUN of Georgia, Mr. POE of Texas, Mr. BURTON of Indiana, Mr. ABERCROMBIE, and Ms. WOOLSEY)

Also If You Would Like To Track this Bill Click Here

still probably won't pass even with a little support ... the financial committee will say, "what's wrong with the FED don't you trust them?!"

[edit on 11-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by accuroman
I highly doubt that this bill will pass.
Ron paul can pass as many bills as he wants,they are just going to have more bills to sweep under the rug.
I doubt we will ever see whats in the fed reserve.
Sad but true.

You are absolutely correct--and it's sad but true.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
GovTrack.us Is Temporarily Unavailable
GovTrack.us is currently having some down time. Either the website is undergoing maintenance, or the site was shut down because of an error or high load.

Please try reloading the page in just a few moments.

If the problem persists, please bookmark this page and return in a few hours. Thanks for visiting!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

jay i don't agree with you on some threads but i do on this one because i was thinking the exact same thing when you said he signed his death warrant and people would go up in arms. everyone (who is smart) knows elections are staged and ron paul was the best choice but didn't even get a chance. we need to get rid of this stupid 2 party system.
personally i believe the only good politician is a dead one but ron paul seems to be different and actually cares about our dear USofA and tells it like it is and wants to bring back what our ancestors fought for.
i hope it doesn't happen but i would not be surprised if he gets assasinated like jfk did

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
well southside considering i can't find a job in this economic freefall- count me in as an "!" vote

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
That's odd Dr.Paul introduces this bill and the same day a police report comes out pretty much calling him and his supporters domestic "terrorists".I don't think this is a coincidence...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
A good friend of mine with an uncanny knack for spotting the little things other people miss pointed out what is probably the only issue with this bill.

He stated that a politician (ie. Congressman) with foul intent could request an audit of the Fed as a sort of stalling tactic. When a business is audited, its workings come to a grinding halt as the company's financiers attempt to gather all the vital information required of Uncle Sam. What would happen, do you suppose, if the ultimate financial entity in the United States was audited? How long did the bill give them? Until 2011?

So, imagine for a moment a representative with an unethical agenda that only needs to keep the financial powers-that-be busy for a few years to complete whatever sinister plot he has in mind. I, for one, can think of a number of unhealthy situations when such a stall in the financial sector of government would be more than beneficial.

This bill will set a precedent that allows anyone in government to call for an audit of the Fed.

Personally, I'm behind the bill 100%. This little rambling bit is just something of an eye-opener to make sure we see the other side of the coin as well.

Regards.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkHorse
Let’s also hope that Mr. Paul has good people around him that are looking after his well being.

If anything happens to Mr. Paul it will become extremely obvious to more than just a few conspiracy seekers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join