It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any political commentators more accurate than Alex Jones? Name them!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is not a confrontational thread. I'd really like to know people's answer to this one. AJ gets bashed a lot, so I'm opening a thread for people to provide alternative political commentators.

Gerald Celente?
Mike Rivero?

Who do you think?

OFF TOPIC!!!: This is not the place to be saying: "Alex Jones is just a fear-mongering loud mouth hick with his silly bullhorn, yadda yadda," boring...

***Requesting Moderator help to deal with the predictable AJ bashing, plenty of other threads for that.***

So here's the deal... Slag off AJ in other threads, no problem, but name a better commentator--- otherwise your insults are just so much hot air.

I'm all ears.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Jon Stewart.

Second line? I don't need to show you no stinkin' second line...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Jon Stewart.

Second line? I don't need to show you no stinkin' second line...

Jon Stewart is an entertainer, not exactly an unbiased news source.
Try George Noory, unbiased, and very informative.

-E-

[edit on 11-3-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
mike ruppert is the real deal.

John Perkins tells how the nuts and bolts of the power is gained

Lindsey Williams,kinda preachy but info is spot on

Gaylon Ross he knows perty close

edit to add

none of them know the complete story ,but what ever side they got suckrd into, they know that faction (Energy guild aginst banker guild) inside and out

any anyone spouting the whole story is foolish,cant forget no matter what info we all get ,it come from compartmentalization.

my family is deep in military history.(dads dad was chief petty officer in the navy world war 2 and korean,behind a desk during vietnam.,dad was in the navy uss enterprise vietnam, his brother was navy also uss enterprise[grand pa said it was the safest tour in vietnam LOL so he had some small strings pulled to get them both on it LOL], ,his other brother was GBI,then FBI retired now,his 2 sons one is ATF and the other is SS(just finished cheneys watch, hadnt seen him yet so dont know his next assignment, )

on my moms side

her father was a Lieutenant Commander in the navy korea was a test pilot,retired then went to work for lockheed martin(he helped write the flight
manuals for the c5b and c5a,and also help engineer differant landing gears and the electronics(in 1981 at 1:30 am the military came to his house ,it seemed the SR71 had a landing gear issue and had to make a emergency landing ,at that time in the area where the SR71 was, he was the only one with the knowledge to fix it that was a military man if you know what i mean, by the book kinda of man he could be trusted .)his 3 sons all marines
oldest 2 vietnam youngest 1 desert storm.

They all always talked about the way the proto call was , you are on a need to know ,and they all said when asked anything its so dam compartmentalized, i just did what i was told and nothing more LOL

compartmentalization is the biggest thing you need to think of when reading anything ,because its for sure what you are reading/hearing is just a small piece of the whole big puzzle

so read and listen to things from an above perspective so as to get the big picture of the puzzle, to try and find where to place that piece, dont hold the piece of the puzzle you just heard or read so close that it seems to be the whole puzzle

any anyone spouting they know whole story is foolish,we cant forget no matter what info we ALL!! get , comes from compartmentalization.

just my opinion peace

[edit on 11-3-2009 by lycopersicum]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I agree. Jon Stewart is entertaining. But that in no way diminishes the accuracy or topicality of his reports. Take, for example, the recent Santelli/CNBC report. He called them out. Was challenged on the facts. And fed them their own video to prove they are quacks. No flies on Stewart.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Mike Ruppert gets my vote also.
Not many people can say that theyve been through the amount of truth he has.
That reminds me, how is his health?
Is he still alive? I havent been to ftw in a while.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I thank my fellow posters for turning me on to some others besides the Rush-sounding AJ. Sorry, but they seem to have trained with the same speech coach.

Glenn Beck is growing on me. And, it's tough to admit, but this middle-seeking ex-Lib still enjoys ol' man Pat Buchanan, Knight of Malta [!?] that he is.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

I think my friend that you may be better off changing this thread up a bit. It will die a quick death if you get people simply naming names.

Maybe you should add to the thread and say, "Prove where Alex's information is wrong and who else provides better information." Or something along those lines. Because my personal opinion is that he is a bit over the top in his deliverance of the information which unfortunately makes people tag him with the nut job label.

I don't think he is. I think most of his information is good. The way the information is delivered is simply too much for many.

John Stewart, although he is an 'entertainer' (Rush anyone?), is also another source of good information. He is NOT afraid to tackle the tough matters at all. I like that in people who have a reputation or career to hold.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

no matter who we listen to, or what we read ,like my edit says in my post above(read it if you havent)

" anyone spouting they know the whole story is foolish,we cant forget no matter what info we ALL!! get ,it come from compartmentalization."

no matter who you choose to believe its not the whole deal or puzzle
just a small piece.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Jeff Rense and David Icke deserve consideration.

Alex Jones is very factual, accurate and up to date. My only problem is he is a fearmongerer, everything is done with the intention of scaring the audience, and in a wierd way that is counter productive, as I imagine much of his audience as deer in headlights.

Also, like most commentators, they gloss over the religious participation in conspiracy. It's not all political and economical. There is also a religious component in all this, as the best way to enslave people is in their mind, and that is what organised religion is specialized in, mass mind control.

This is why I stopped listening to Alex Jones, only tuning in when he has a guest I want to hear interviewed. His rants are classic priest MO, fear - reaction - solution.

In short: I believe Alex Jones is being truthfull in most of what he reports. However, I also suspect his reporting has an agenda behind it, which might go beyond saving the republic. Tyranny is not only achieved through force, it can also be done through psychology.

Everyone should trust their own judgement, looking up to people, creating hierarchy, is the root cause of our current social problems.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lycopersicum

I agree. No one person below a certain level will ever get all of the information. I understand that from my own experience in intel in the army. Been there done that. I realize this.

I just believe that the OP was asking a question that may not receive many responses beyond the first few pages here because I believe they should expand on the intitial request.

No one 'entertainer' or reporter will ever know the full story. That's a given with how convaluted everything is now. Oh well.

I just believe that Alex is at least trying to bring to light what many want to close their eyes to.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Josh Reeves hands down. And he exposes AJ and the rest like him for what they really are.

www.oraclebroadcasting.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThEdOnKeYpUnCh
Josh Reeves hands down. And he exposes AJ and the rest like him for what they really are.

www.oraclebroadcasting.com...

First off, you post a link that simply sends us to someone's webpage. With a vague remark like 'exposes AJ and the rest like him for what they really are.' You don't provide anything else like a specific show to listen to or anything of the sort. No direction. I will NOT listen to every show on the guys list to try and find what you are referring to. Your post is done in poor taste.

Also, it is verging on doing what the OP has tried to avoid. If Josh Reeves is slamming AJ then you are by your post which is out of bounds in this thread.

So please, I truly ask with the idea of listening to a knew perspective, give us a bit more direction other than simply linking a website.

Tell us WHY you think he is right and why AJ is wrong instead of this vague, and pretty much worthless, posting. It forwards this thread not one inch. (Not a slam on your post, just trying to get you to help the thread out instead of having your input be lost because others won't want to mine through the site you linked.)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the interesting replies. I've got a lot of people to check out.

I definitely believe that Alex Jones' delivery can be counter-productive and end up paralysing people with fear. He actually talks about this phenomenon in the show.

I've actually seen him getting a lot more positive recently. Instead of saying: "We're in trouble folks" all the time, like he was doing a few months back, his current phrase is "I don't think they'll be able to pull this off." I really like the increased positivity in his broadcasts over the last few months.

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Can folks post some links to articles/videos/podcasts of these guys? I'd like to hear them for myself.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Alex Jones can get the smallest bit of info no matter how insignificant and twist it in his own way to suit his own agenda imo.

I cant name names of who is better.. I just read,listen whats being said and see if whoever is saying it can back up what they are reporting with any kind of proof.

Therefore i say anyone that stats the facts coherently without to much bias are better then Alex Jones

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Jim Marrs

Michael Tsarion

David Icke

Mike Rivero

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I know I'll get slammed for this but Keith Olbermann was on of the first people to call the Bush Admin for what it was. Not many in the MSM, very few in fact, were brave enough to say anything bad about the Bush Admin back in the day. I can see how his style and personality gets some people upset but he called the Bush admin on its trampling of the Constitution.

John Stewart is good in that he holds no party or politician above questioning.

Pat Buchanan (surprise surprise!) is great at political commentating because he will call out his right wing side for stupidity when it happens.

Pat, John and Keith still shy away from the real meat of some of the things we know.

Amy Goodman and her Real Democracy show will talk about just about anything. There is some left bias that comes into it but intelligent people can filter that out for themselves while still gaining information from her reports. I find Amy to be a straight shooter. It is usually her guests that will show the bias but nothing wrong with letting people speak.

Alex Jones.

I used to like the guy very much and I listened to his show for a year or two until I got bored with the same ol same ol alarmist bullcrap. Yes things were/are bad but I don't need to be bludgeoned with it every single segment. PLUS the hawking of videos and all the commercials were a real turnoff.

I don't need any one person to report the news exactly how I like it. I think of the media as a buffet and take what I like and avoid the unhealthy stuff.

I cannot think of ONE person on the Fox News channel that I like.

* my TV is 4 months dead now

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens
Thanks for the interesting replies. I've got a lot of people to check out.

I definitely believe that Alex Jones' delivery can be counter-productive and end up paralysing people with fear. He actually talks about this phenomenon in the show.

I've actually seen him getting a lot more positive recently. Instead of saying: "We're in trouble folks" all the time, like he was doing a few months back, his current phrase is "I don't think they'll be able to pull this off." I really like the increased positivity in his broadcasts over the last few months.

Peace

Yes, there's an Alex Jones quote which is something along the lines of "I have looked into the darkness so much that I fear becoming it". And he has even criticized the religious aspect of all this recently, so I willingly admit I could have a harsh judgement of him.

One thing is for sure, nobody in the truth movements work harder than him. And he does have positive impact. If he evolves into a more loving figure and realizes that the core problem is in the very male domination hierarchy he sometimes falls into with his metaphors , if he realizes words have an energetic charge, and that means infowars needs to be changed to something more positive, then we might get somewhere.

One of the NWO's major strengths is that they are dishonest enough to mask very negative ideas in very positive language (security state, no child left behind, welfare, etc). Their main weakness is they are a pack of liars and conmen, so it goes both ways.

I still think the solution is not to fight the NWO though, it's to stop contributing to it, and let it implode under the weight of it's own inequity, if you know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP
Jim Marrs

Michael Tsarion

David Icke

Mike Rivero

Jim Marrs is a good source, he seems to have his finger on it. Mike Rivero not so much from what I've hear, although I admit that is not much. David Icke I've recommended before, I don't buy into the reptilian stuff for lack of evidence, but everything else kinda fits. Micheal Tsarion is complicated. Personally I think he may be illuminati. He speaks a lot of truth but there's that negativeness about him, the dark colours, the heavy music, which makes me think he's one of the last lines of defense of the evil side. I'm not sure about this, and he says a lot of truth, but like Alex Jones, it's not what he says but how he says it.

Listen folks, I think there is a spiritual component to all this, that the NWO is not just physical slavery but also a throttlehold on spiritual development, and, if I'm right, they will have infiltrated truth movements with key people so that they spread the sort of memetics which will keep people from spiritual upliftment. I have said repeatedly that love is an energy, and to me it seems the NWO is desperate to keep people from connecting to it, as it is an inner energy that they are powerless to control.

And what they cannot control they tend to destroy.

Take all I say with a pinch of salt, I'm on my own discovery trip

new topics

top topics

join