It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage boy in airport weapons bust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Teenage boy in airport weapons bust

news.ninemsn.com.au

A random baggage check at Cairns airport has uncovered a huge stash of weapons carried by a fourteen-year-old boy in his check-in baggage.

Fourteen knives, 3000 rounds of ammunition, two pistols and throwing blades were discovered in the weapons cache.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Can you belive this?!?!
A 14 year old boy with all this weaponary. But he allegedly stole them himself?

Police allege the boy had stolen the weapons from a gun shop in Karratha in northern Western Australia but do not know what the teenager planned to do with them.

OK..so this is disturbing enough on its own, but my main concern is..

The pair had already flown to Cairns from Western Australia, with the weapons passing undetected through two airports, including the main terminal in Perth.

Makes me feel a hell of a lot safer with the upgrades in airport security. :shk:

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
What a complete moron, trying to take weapons through airports

Obviously just a kid doing silly things.
Probably intending to sell them to get money.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Doesn't sit too well with me, no.

what's more disturbing is the gun shop owner didn't notice anything missing until they found out they were stolen from a gun shop in Karratha, which, if I recall is the only gun shop in Karratha.

Poor form on all accounts involved.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
How do guns get stolen from a gun shop, the gun shop near me has a cage that you need to get buzzed in and out of to gain entry and exit to.

And all the guns are locked up in the racks anyway, my other point is do gun shops even stock pistols in Australia, ive never seen anything but .22s .308s and shotties. If the shop supplies security and police with pistols they wouldnt need them on display for public sale.

I really am confused about this one.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

They were target pistols, you can see them in VIKINGANT's link.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Fair enough and he worked in the shop which is how he gained access to them.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
so, if they didn't pick up on the gun shaped guns and the knife shaped knives and the bullet shaped bullets in two airports, what the hell is the hope that they'ld pick up on a bomb shaped like a handbag. maybe they were too busy looking for nail scissors.

seriously, what is all the security in aid of if a kid can walk through with an arsenal.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Getting around xrays at airports is not hard.

It more so shows that profiling works as it was a random baggage check, which would be carried out via profiling.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian
Getting around xrays at airports is not hard.

that's kind of my point. i can't carry on a bottle of water in my carry on but some kid has a weapons cache in his bag that isn't picked up!!!!

if the check in luggage isn't being checked the what's the point in being so picky about carry on?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Maybe if your bottle of water was shaped like ammunition and guns and knives you'd have better luck getting on the plane with it.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Because it's dang hard to get out of the airplane mid flight, go open the luggage bin, retrieve your pistols, re-enter the cabin, and overtake the cockpit, all without de-pressurizing the plane or falling to your death.

I check my arms in my luggage all the time. If you don't tell them you have them, it's a federal felony here in the states, but it doesn't mean you can't get away with it. Security has always been more lax with bags that go down on the ramp and into the baggage holds. They only started physically scanning all the bags that go below a couple of years ago, and that's only at the large airports, most regional airports still don't scan every bag.

Basically, airport security doesn't exist. If someone REALLY wants to get something on the plane, they still can. It's all the illusion of security. Just like the lock on your front door, it's only there to keep the honest people honest.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT

OK..so this is disturbing enough on its own, but my main concern is..

The pair had already flown to Cairns from Western Australia, with the weapons passing undetected through two airports, including the main terminal in Perth.

Makes me feel a hell of a lot safer with the upgrades in airport security. :shk:

Well the fact that luggage is not re-screened at transfers should be noted. It comes off the plane, is thrown onto a cart to go to T-Point(transfer point). The bags are just stacked by destination and go on their merry way when the next baggage runner picks them up, so the passing through 2 airports and main terminal in Perth crap is just that, crap.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i will say this is complete lies, I know perth airport and there is no way in hell that could have got through, period.

why do the media lIe????

why why why>>>>>

[edit on 11-3-2009 by guessing]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I am feeling so safe now...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Here's a bit of an update:

Firearms dealer charged over airport arsenal

Police have charged a 63-year-old Karratha firearms dealer with multiple offences following an incident that saw two boys fly across the country carrying an arsenal of ammunition and weapons. The boys, aged 14 and 11, were picked up in Cairns earlier this month after flying from Karratha allegedly carrying two stolen handguns, knives and ammunition. The case triggered a major security alert and led to licensing crime squad detectives attending a licensed firearm dealership in Karratha. As a result of the inquiries police have charged the man, a licensed firearm dealer, with failing to lodge returns of firearm transactions; failing to keep firearms safe while not trading; and failing to keep ammunition safe while not trading. He will appear in the Karratha Magistrate’s Court on April 29.

www.thewest.com.au...

I thought he might get in trouble for all this.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

new topics

top topics

join