It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could other apparent earth creatures be aliens?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Hi all.

I recently read an article that got me thinking about what we class as alien beings.

The article itself had nothing to to with alien creatures, it was about a barrel-eyed fish, remarkable in that whilst living, it has a see through head.

Barreleye fish

However one of my first thoughts was that you could almost think that a creature like this came from another planet. We see so many weird and wonderfull creatures on our planet, and we are discovering new species every year.

So why is it that we automaticaly put them into the catagory of either mammal/animal/fish/insects/bird etc?

Firstly, we don't really know what alien life forms look like do we? There are a few witnesses and some rather dodgy footage out there, but we are normaly led to believe that all aliens are little grays.

If there are aliens in the universe, and they have indeed visited our planet, could they not look nothing like a human, and may possibly be some of the weird and wonderful creatures that we take for granted on earth?

Say for instance that human style aliens, grays as many call them, did come from another planet. Surely if they could live on another planet, so could other creatures.....their very own version of animals, birds, mammals, insects and fish?

I do wonder if us humans are so busy watching out for UFO's, and waiting for little green men appear, we are missing the real aliens right under our noses?

I know that theres science behind all the evoloution of the creatures on our planet, but not all are so easily explained.

I guess many will laugh at this thread, but hey, i'm about to spend most of the day digging a vegetable patch, so i wanted to get my daily dose of conspiracy out of the way!

Thanks for listening anyway.

CX.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Great thread, S&F!

As a diver, it never ceases to amaze me the creatures I see. And to think they all evolved by accident is laughable.

CX

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not a diver myself, but it is particularly the deep sea creatures i am talking about. There are so many bizzare creatures down there, some of which are totaly mind blowing.

I just wish the UK waters had the visibility of other waters....we are lucky to see past our hands.

CX.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Even plants though!
I mean Venus fly trap? carnivourous plants?
why couldnt seeds have been ejected into space from a collision/explosion on a planet in another part of space and ended up here as space debris? Maybe the chances are miniscule but in an near infinite universe, surely there are near infinite possibilities?
Hey its not a statement, its a ponder, one of my own so dont go mugging me off!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

S&F, just because of the amazing fish you got there.

Our ocean may not be habited by aliens, or life that came from alien visits or panspermia... But it's a great mind exercise to see how life can evolve under extreme, different and limited conditions.

I imagine our oceans like our book of inspiration to think about alien life on other planets.

We have a fish on the deep ocean. There's no light... So it has no eyes, but he can sense what is around him... Same thing with the good example you gave... He lives in an enviorment that doesn't have that much light... So he can see through himself... Practical.

That opens some doors about the possibility of life on other planets. If in our own planet we see beings SO different, SO diverse, SO amazing.... How the hell can someone say "oh, there's no way life can evolve outside planet earth"...

People with such a closed mind, will have a very good surprise in the near future (I hope
).

And I do believe that some life on Earth is alien (assuming they came here). I mean, if you can find hamster's in the middle of the jungle just because a tourist left his over there, it's possible that an UFO left his pet-fish accidently fall over the ship.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Given the variety of forms that life takes on our planet, we should never be surprised by the odd or strange. And just as life takes on forms that may appear strange to us, we should not assume that strangeness equates to alien. It would take more than a simple strange appearance to determine a creature we find on Earth is alien. For instance, it would have to be so far beyond any organism we know to near impossible to classify. Further, DNA tests would have to do be done to show it is not related to anything else on Earth.

Not saying it is impossible, but rather if they are here they are probably still unknown to us.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by grifta
Even plants though!
I mean Venus fly trap? carnivourous plants?
why couldnt seeds have been ejected into space from a collision/explosion on a planet in another part of space and ended up here as space debris? Maybe the chances are miniscule but in an near infinite universe, surely there are near infinite possibilities?
Hey its not a statement, its a ponder, one of my own so dont go mugging me off!
to grifta, yes the venus flytrap originated in a 100 square mile of north carolina, with the centre being the site of a crator. according to wiki and a docu on t.v. is interesting or at least the programme was lol.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The banana is also a very interesting plant. There was a pdf circulating awhile back that discussed it in detail. It's different than other fruits and it is located across the entire planet.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr smith123
yes the venus flytrap originated in a 100 square mile of north carolina, with the centre being the site of a crator.

Even as strange as the Venus Flytrap may be, it isn't that strange. There are other carnivorous plants on the planet (usually a response to a nutrient-poor environment), and we know that the flytraps are related to other native-Earth plants.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
the way i see it, there are, essentially, two different environments on earth. water and air. the difference between the life that is in air and the life in water is so massive, so incredibly separated, that the chance of having a lifeform come from a different planet and survive freely on earth is minute, never mind it being so similar that it is mistaken for an earth lifeform!!!!

the difference between that fishes eyes as compared to another fishes eyes doesn't strike me as being further apart than my eyes and an ants eyes.

most nutrient poor soils seem to evolve a carnivorous plant, it seems more likely that it evolved than the idea that

earth insects just happen to be attracted to exactly the same things that insect like life from another planet is attracted to

that the same digestive process that this plant used happens to work perfectly to release the exact correct nutrients that the plant requires

that nothing released is toxic to the plant

that the plant's seeds happened to survive a planet destroying event, survived space, managed to survive the impact with earth and
managed to germinate successfully in both the male and female form.

it just make no sense. sorry.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
S&F. That's most definately an interesting fish! I'm not saying I believe this is actually occurring, but here's some food for thought. What if one of the alien species that are potentially visiting us have performed (or are performing) "tests?" Similar to how we sent animals to space before we'd even consider sending man up there. Is it possible that they could have left some of these animals here after testing the habitability of land/sea conditions? Or even more unlikely, that they "cross bred" with a local species while they were here, creating forms of hybrid creatures? I'm tired, but I figured I'd throw that idea out there for possible discussion.

Cheers.

- Strype

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

pieman you just convinced me

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Well, we are all alien, in fact there is no living being without an alien history. My guess is that when our planet formed and thousands of asteroids crashed into earth, which may had brought cells from other parts of the universe to our planet, and from that point the cells adapted to the earths environment and evolved the way they/we are now.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well if you look at evolution

Monkeys evolved with us.
We didn't evolve from them.
Dinosaurs evolved alongside us into birds.
Perhaps, aliens are another species, who have evolved further than us.
Just like we don't often go into the Jungle and talk to iguana's, another advanced species may not think its useful to speak to us.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
if we could talk to iguanas we probably would.
we talk to parrots all the time
they teach apes to use sign language
people talk to their pets

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clairaudience
Well, we are all alien, in fact there is no living being without an alien history. My guess is that when our planet formed and thousands of asteroids crashed into earth, which may had brought cells from other parts of the universe to our planet, and from that point the cells adapted to the earths environment and evolved the way they/we are now.

When I read this a thought came to me, maybe the asteroid that brought cells from elswere that created us, was smashed into pieces at some point and some of those pieces that had the same cells as ours landed on a different planet to earth and created a different lifeform ie the greys and other being.

What I am saying is, we are all from the same stock just the the same cells landed on different planets with different atmospheres hence creating a different species, so the aliens could be the same as us but because of the conditions they grew up in, it made them different.

And maybe their condition made them advance faster than us.

Just a passing thought, but could it be possible?.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by colz2000

Originally posted by Clairaudience

When I read this a thought came to me, maybe the asteroid that brought cells from elswere that created us, was smashed into pieces at some point and some of those pieces that had the same cells as ours landed on a different planet to earth and created a different lifeform ie the greys and other being.

What I am saying is, we are all from the same stock just the the same cells landed on different planets with different atmospheres hence creating a different species, so the aliens could be the same as us but because of the conditions they grew up in, it made them different.

And maybe their condition made them advance faster than us.

Or maybe their fragment of the asteroid landed thousands of years before ours did on a planet.

Just a passing thought, but could it be possible?.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm intrigued on insects. They're very different from most animals. And very few people actually minds killing them. It's clear to me that we instinctively see them as a different, even lesser species and don't feel the same thing for them than for another mammal/reptilian/avian/sea creature.

I'm not saying they're alien creatures, but I just wonder why we (most of us) treat them as something different.

top topics

join