It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell NW airport -V- Heathrow England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Roswell NM airport –V- Heathrow England

Hello fellow ATS crew, I take pleasure in at last joining you ‘officially’.
I have been reading the treads alas not all six million post’s you know it’s not easy! So please forgive me if this has been covered in the past?

I just wanted to start off nice and easy with some circumstantial evidence, the type which would support a more detailed examination if possible.

I find travel enjoyable and air travel fascinating so with this in mind I took a look at two very different airports on Google Earth. I will admit not to being ‘confident’ of finding anything out of the ordinary because of all the cover up’s and photo editing. However allow me to list my findings, bear in mind Google Earth was used for this comparison.

Heathrow London England: Our busiest airport currently five terminals;

Google Earth shows:

Planes: 104 in total observed from above standing at gates and taxi ways

Taxi: 10 planes in total on taxi to or from runways

Size of airport: 5Km X 1.5Km

Hotels in airport surrounds: 11

Runways: 3

Water supply: 4 reservoirs

Transport connections: Excellent

Roswell NM:

Planes: 265 in total observed from above standing at gates and taxi ways

Taxi: 10 planes in total on taxi to or from runways

Size of airport: 5Km X 3.8Km

Hotels in airport surrounds: None

Runways: 4

Water supply: None

Transport connections: Poor

That’s a hell of a lot of planes for a small sleepy town in New Mexico,
Seems to be a very busy airport indeed. I am sure there is a reason for having that much air power on the ground? Any ideas you have I would enjoy reading.

This has been my first post & I look forward to spending my time here with you all, Thanks.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
That's certainly an interesting way of looking at looking at Roswell. When stark comparisons are made like this, it is a little suspicious.

I'm trying to look for angles that might offset the numbers such as aeroplanes actually being based at Roswell - it being a military facility after all.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Sorry maybe it's my first time n all however I should make clear I was talking about Roswell New Mexico airport not Area 51 or the likes.

The thing that got me was the craft are all out in the open ready to fly out real quick. They look to me to be normal civilian craft unless I am wrong?

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by extramileman

It's actually the Roswell Industrial Air Center. It's not just an airport like Heathrow is. RIAC handles aircraft refurbishment, repairs, and all sorts of other aviation related activities, as well as having many manufacturing companies for everything from fireworks to buses and candy.

They also store aircraft there as well as having flights just pass through. Here are a couple of pictures of aircraft in storage there.

jetphotos.net...
jetphotos.net...
jetphotos.net...
jetphotos.net...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by extramileman
Sorry maybe it's my first time n all however I should make clear I was talking about Roswell New Mexico airport not Area 51 or the likes.

The thing that got me was the craft are all out in the open ready to fly out real quick. They look to me to be normal civilian craft unless I am wrong?

Cheers.

Hey, don't apologise. It was me that got confused. All I can blame is a lack of coffee, sorry!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Thanks Zaphod

I says that answers that there is always an answer @ ATS!

You reminded me of that air plane grave yard out in the states another strange and almost scary place.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Kind of a side bar there talking of closing the Roswell Industrial Air Center... those old dead planes have leaked off a lot of fuel and oil, etc... now they want to turn it into a cleanup site but no one knows where or what to do with the old planes

new topics

top topics

join