It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British turn on protestors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Bystanders turned on a group of Muslim Protestors yesterday at a parade of British Soldiers returning from Iraq.

www.youtube.com...://bnp.org.uk/2009/03/muslim%e2%80%99s-luton-anti-army-protest-%e2%80%9cportent-of-things-to-come% e2%80%

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Yeah well.
There's a time and place for protests.
That's just provoking it.
Cops protecting the Muslims, like they would protect anyone.
Brave cops

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
i think its disgusting...that the police protected the protesters, they should have walked away and had a burger and let the soldiers bayonet charge them.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
well to be fair this is a democratic land we reside in and the protesters have a right to protest peacfuly... but to air the protesters and not the troops shows how biased are media are, i mean the troops got at least a whole 5sec,s and the protesters got at least 30+secs, not much news for troops coming home, but oh, protesters we might get a confrontation here.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
And what was all this about?

Thousands of curious bystanders ...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lektorsavidfan
i think its disgusting...that the police protected the protesters, they should have walked away and had a burger and let the soldiers bayonet charge them.

yeah, because that would be a good way to protect the freedom to hold and express an opinion. who do they think they are to protest the return of a volunteer force in an illegal war.

the idea that there is any outrage at this protest is sickening to me, it just shows that the propaganda machine is doing it's job in teaching the mob that dissent is unpalatable.

the state is always right, eh guys.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
from reading all the comments and news lately regarding the muslim community and their "interaction" with local british, I think the british have had it.

we have all seen the muslim rape ring videos on the news. the constant crime waves where muslims have been the MAJORITY of. and i believe the british seeing this protest as the last straw.

it wasnt the government wanting to kill them. it was locals.

im from the us. and ive not experienced any of this first hand. doesnt mean i dont have friends from there who do have first hand experience.

they want muslims out now. if i were muslim.... i think i would. its about to get ugly. as any nation within the past 4hundred years has known... dont mess with england. they are ruthless once provoked.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 18731542
Bystanders turned on a group of Muslim Protestors

I thought they were Muslim hate preacher's. Why would you protest against war that's over?

[edit on 12-3-2009 by paulcottrell84]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Protesting at the the homecoming of soldiers is not just unpalatable, its downright disgusting.

People who partake in such protests have no place in a civilised society.

Soldiers didn't ask to go to war and risk their lives. If the protesters wanted to state their case, they would be doing so outside No10 downing street. Instead they wanted to show that they could protest anywhere and would still be protected. They wanted controversy and headlines.

What next, a protest at a soldier's funeral?

[edit on 12-3-2009 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Apparently theses "protestors" are part of the radical al-muhajiroun organization, led by Sheikh Omar Bakri, who said: the "anger" had been rising and the parade of British troops on British streets was the final insult!

This makes me

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lektorsavidfan

I see.

Well you obviously aren't British then are you, because if you were you would know that this country allows peaceful protest, which is exactly what was going on there, and the Police are tasked with enforcing order and ensuring the public safety, which is exactly what they did.

Yes, the banners and slogans were unpalatable, and probably very much out of place, but since when did banners and slogans become an excuse for the kind of action you've just condoned above?

The day troops in this country start bayonetting peaceful protestors, is the day when it ceases to be Great Britain, and instead becomes a haven for violent psychopaths.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The muslim's in the video have a right to protest anywhere they like.

I am shure they are aware of what is in store for them but they choose to do it anyway.

This make's me have zero sympathy for them.

And if they get a beat down then they asked and went looking for it. Simple as that.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 12-3-2009 by h3akalee]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Refreshing to see this...

Good to see both sides of the protest. But what did the muslims expect though?

As much as they have every right to protest, they can't seriously expect the public to not react to their hatred.

I can forsee more of this in the coming few months.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
DISGUSTING.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by smartie]

[edit on 12-3-2009 by smartie]

CX

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
As an ex soldier i think this is disgusting, i'd think that even if i wasn't ex forces.

I also think we need to remember that there will be thousands of muslims around the world that also thought this protest was disgusting too.

These few were from a banned group, or at least the group was apparently formed by members of a banned group. They do not not represent ALL muslims.

So i hope the nation does not start a campaign aginst the muslim community here in the UK, based on the actions of a few....thats just asking for trouble we do not need.

CX.

[edit on 12/3/09 by CX]

CX

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
What next, a protest at a soldier's funeral?

I hope not...if that happend here "Fred Phelps style", i think we'd be looking at far more than a bit of pushing and shoving with the police.

How Fred Phelps and his crew are still alive is a mystery to me.

CX.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Thank you for standing up for the average Muslim CX, people really need to understand these people do not represent the majority.

They do have the right to protest there however much it is in bad taste, fair play to them for having the guts to do it. I certainly wouldn't.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What i see here is a ugly mob of bainwashed sheep.If people of any faith wish to protest war good for them, peace

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowkey
What i see here is a ugly mob of bainwashed sheep.If people of any faith wish to protest war good for them, peace

No what you are seeing are families welcoming home their sons and daughters to be greeted by the hatred of a few.

How would you feel, if your son was one of the ones to come back from Afghan only to be greeted by some angry mob.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowkey

We all know there's as many white British people against the Iraq war as there is Muslim in Britain, so where were the rest of the protesters?

There's taking liberties and there's taking the p***

For everybody's sake this sort of thing has to stop.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join