It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims in the UK

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Muslims are being treated differently. Governments are afraid of reprisals. If you claim they are not then you obviously haven't had direct dealings with them. I honestly believe we are going to get an apostate pope who denies the deity of Christ, and Islam will be the one world religion.

Write this prediction down, it will happen...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I don't live in the UK but were I live (France) we do have our load of muslims or arabs in general (some are my friends and they know what I think) and yes people are scarred of them in general because human beings have a tendency to generalize.

Why are they scarred :

-High crime rate within this population
-Problems of integration
-9/11 : No muslims were on the streets to say they were against those muslims, except in Iran from what I know.
-Fanatics & terrorists who say they are muslims

Yes since 9/11 whenever I see a guy with a beard and taliban style clothing I want to shoot him just maybe as much as he wants to shoot me. Is it my fault ? Am I paranoid ? Maybe but maybe not and If I was right when I think I see hatred in his eyes ?

If I had a choice (as a president) I would just ban muslim religion in my country, Why ? Because there's a disease inside this religion and how do you stop a disease from spreading ? By saying, no problem, keep on doing what you are doing, I'll take my pants down and bend over so that you can........

Muslim girls & women here in France have a really hard time with their families & muslims in general. Many of them just run away when they can and I can understand them.

This religion is not compatible with our western countries, that's a fact and it is demonstrated here on almost a daily basis. Let's be honest, it sucks and I can understand why people in the UK feel the same thing.

Too bad for the moderated muslims but that's how life is, maybe if moderated muslims would go on the street to say "hey, we are different", maybe then people would start to see the difference. It's up to them to clean their own backyard, not us, so until then, it should be banned.

Cheers,
Europa

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Europa733]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
OP, I am not sure what you are referring to about the Muslims in the UK. Is this in reference to the recent protests by Muslims calling the returning soldiers terrorists and baby killers? If so, do you think your government should disallow this sort of protest? It does seem anti-British to me, but isn't that their right, as citizens of your country to protest what they believe is a wrong? Should maybe citizens of Britain who agree with what the government is doing get off their duffs and rally round the troops, making signs and shouting, etc.? Like, drown them out? I don't know much about what is going on in Britain. Just second hand information from news sources. Here in Kentucky, from time to time we have the KKK come out and march and show signs and I just laugh at them. I don't even make a counter protest, they are just pitiful and funny all at the same time. But they are allowed to voice their opinion. Now, if the KKK was rounding up negroes and jews and commiting crimes against them and the police weren't getting involved, then perhaps I would take it upon myself to do something about these characters. Hmmmmmm......maybe you guys in Britain should start taking charge of your own country. Ut, oh. Where am I going with this? I better shut up. And to the ones who post after me that say I should shut up. Consider it done.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DodgeG1

What is surprising me as of late is the way the muslims are now being treated in the UK. They are almost untouchable. Everyone seems to be scared of them

Obviously you've not been to a kebab hut on a Friday/Saturday night.

In all fairness "some" brits can be as dumb as dog doo sometimes, they'll spend the best part of the night getting pissed and slagging off whatever stereotype the tabloids have told them to hate. Then when their blind drunk and if they haven't managed to "Pull" they head for the nearest minority group takeaway.

Terrorist of any variety have no need to resort to bombings when it comes to the UK, a couple of tonnes of contaminated elephant leg would wipe out a substantial part of the population in a weekends drinking marathon.

I'm more inclined to consider a conspiracy where Brits are being incited to resent Islam on the one hand and yet have a hug a muslim day on the other, kinda weirdness going on.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DodgeG1

Think this sums up the situation imho, for anyone who hasn't see

Chris Rock Strong language

[edit on 11-3-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1
Let me start off by saying I'm not a religous person, never have been and never will. But I'm very interested in religion and I've been studying it for a few years now. I'm not here to mock anyones beliefs as everyone is different and I respect that.

What is surprising me as of late is the way the muslims are now being treated in the UK. They are almost untouchable. Everyone seems to be scared of them. Why is that? We see them on TV nearly everyday stating their beliefs and if anyone argues with them they are labeled a racist?

As far as I'm aware the UK is a Christian state (correct me if I'm wrong) so why does the Queen and Parliment allow this? I'm sure if this was the case a few hundred years ago then there would be a war as it would be treated as an invasion. But now they give muslims a house, cars, phones and money to stay in the UK.

Is there something more sinister going on in the background that we don't know about? maybe they want a big mixed religious community that are fighting each other all the time? Or are they scared of the muslims?

Your thoughts please as none of this makes sense to me?

Notice how people are scared to even flag this thread.

It is called dumping down of the population.
Simply you take people from poorer countries not accustomed to good education, good health care, good working conditions, good living conditions, and dump them in a developing country.
It is matter of time until wages are crushed, and the state turns an blind eye and a deaf ear to voices demanding better education, better health care, better working and living conditions because people (and that is the common excuse) simply "are not what they used to be", appear more uncivilized and more ignorant on how to preserve the old social infrastructure, the community, contrary to how the older generations were able to preserve things.

Destroying the bonds between people, the community feeling gets also destroyed, less people talk to each other, reach conclusions collectively, decide to change things and finally get organized and then demand things from the State with an effective manner.

After a couple of decades you have an much more easily controlled population to turn angry or docile at your whim.

If you talk about these things, you are being attacked as a "racist" by the minions of several NGOs (Non Governmental Organizations) who lurk at every corner, backed and funded by filthy rich and soulless businessmen who invest in a plan to turn what used to be a civilized society in a clueless and helpless mob just because there are loads of money for them in this.

This is the ugly truth. Global manipulation at its best and it is not just muslim, its every population group that fits certain criteria.
It could be even you and me if you and me would fit the "needed" criteria and instead of UK it could be Iran or Iraq or Asia or anywhere else instead, if in an hypothetical other reality we were the underdeveloped world and they were the developing countries.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by spacebot]

The big joke in all of this, is that with no intervention of the aforementioned businessman and primarily the United States war hawks there was a good chance that fewer and fewer underdeveloped population groups with the help of technology and modernization would have remained much different than the main population groups of the developing countries (having in mind the quality of life of the developing countries population groups before 2 decades, which was far better than today in living standards).
The PTB probably foresaw this and thought that peaceful coexistance between different sovereign nations and non mixing of different populations would not help their agenda which is manipulation and sucking dry of the populace. Wars for "freedom" paved the way for the mess we see today. I really don't know if I have to salute any "returning heroes" or simply spit them in the face for helping out the filthy rich to destroy our society, right here in the West and over there in Middle east and Asia.
I simply don't know how these people will go down the future history books along with their masters.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

My whole point of this thread (which I now wonder why the hell I done it) is that it seems like the Muslims are treated differently by the "People in charge" they are almost scared of them.

They aren't. End of.

Notice how people are scared to even flag this thread.

They aren't, it's junk with racist undertones (just look at the moderation needed for starters).

There is little difference between Islam and Christianity so if you have no problems with the latter then you should be fine with the former. There is nothing to fear except ignorance.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I can decide for myself what this thread is or isn't, I do not need YOUR help.
Thanks for trolling.
I wish some people to not forget to receive their paychecks, they should apply for the "no troll left behind" programs in their local "human rights" NGO offices.

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Whew....intense thread. Especially the beginning.

I want to try to understand what the OP is getting at, and believe I have, and I think he may have alittle hint of some truth in what he is asking.

In the UK, they're are having Muslim uprisings cursing soldiers, etc. That wouldn't happen in the United States. At least, I haven't heard of it yet. The Muslim population keep to themselves here. They don't start trouble, they don't want trouble.

I live in Texas. Simply put, it is a very racist place. I was not brought up a racist. I was taught to love and respect everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, whatever. You can be a Jehovah's Witness, a Muslim, a Baptist, or an Atheist. It makes no matter to me.

Most of this Country is Racist, in one form or another. Yet most of the population wouldn't even dare to speak out about something for fear of what? Retaliation.

I think the British Government is basically in fear of retaliation. If the Muslim community is protesting the Soldiers, they could easily protest anything they wish. If they are allowed to do so, then it will continue. Providing it is peaceful. What I fear is that one day, someone will throw a rock at a police officer and all hell will break loose.

I'll come straight out with it, I'm a white Texan male, living in a society that is highly prejudiced. Doesn't matter what, Muslim, Jewish, Whites, Blacks, Orientals, Catholics, Mormans, Baptist, etc. People find something wrong with someone and teach themselves to hate everything about them.

It's wrong, I know. I don't practice it, except that there is an awful lot of resentment going on now that is caused by people who have been oppressed in the past, that now have their opportunity. I feel sorry for the people who have turned so hateful to the other people in this Country, just because we have a black President.

On the other hand, the mainstream media is not helping the situation either.

When Jesse Jackson speaks, everyone listens. No one dare calls him a racist....but he is. His cause is the advancement of the black race.

When the NAACP speaks, it's word is golden....and very racist towards all races except the Black race.

What would happen if someone actually formed an organization called the "National Association for the Advancement of White People". They would be instantly labeled a racist, and the riots would start.

I'm only trying to toss out a few ideas. Nothing racist, and I feel for the British people and it's problems. Especially when you feel like you're a prisoner in your own Country and you can't say or do anything about it.

Those people who have immigrated to your Country, should respect your Country, and your customs, and everyone in it. I personally believe that if you don't like it the way it is......leave.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LOVEPREACHER

Huh?

Mod?

Is there where I send in my name, date of birth, address, and my bank account number to someone in in the president's palace in Nigeria so I can get my $24 million?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
A simple question if I may...

What charges would be brought against a person in these circumstances

I attacked a muslim

A muslim attacks me

Now I know the answer since both scenarios have occurred but I'll let you lot have a guess first.

[edit on 12/3/2009 by spitefulgod]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
There is little difference between Islam and Christianity so if you have no problems with the latter then you should be fine with the former.

That maybe the case. However, if you compare 'culturally Christian' countries and their relative tolerance towards conversion to Islam, the building of mosques and so on, to what happens in most Islamic states, then it's fairly apparent that Muslims don't see or appreciate any similarity or overlap, despite any historical or theological connection between the 2 religions.

In terms of 'acceptance' I think Islamic states have far more ground to cover than that of Christian or 'culturally Christian' countries.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
A simple question if I may...

What charges would be brought against a person in these circumstances

I attacked a muslim

A muslim attacks me

Now I know the answer since both scenarios have occurred but I'll let you lot have a guess first.

[edit on 12/3/2009 by spitefulgod]

I think a popular view, although not necessarily the correct one, would be that the attack you made on the Muslim would be treated or reported as a 'hate crime' of some kind, whereas the attack on you wouldn't. Assuming you're a non-Muslim of course.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A

There is a worsening problem in the UK with effective ghettos existing around the country, a growing anti-British decent within young muslim males, a very dangerous extremist element with a good foothold and a general lack of integration with many. Debate must be open and frank but it is stifled.

The problem imo is the multicultural experiment that has gone wrong. Instead of being allowed to develop naturally the government has interfered and tried to make an artificial community but in doing so have alienated many and put up these barriers to debate I mentioned earlier.

The issue goes much further than Islam in the UK, I think we’re very confused about race in this country and we need to be much more open to sort it out.

Thank you Mike_A, this is what I'm talking about. People should be able to view their freedom of speech but where Muslims are concerned we are not allowed? This is what I'm trying to get at? Why are we scared? but more importanatly why are the people in charge scared?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa
Muslims are being treated differently. Governments are afraid of reprisals. If you claim they are not then you obviously haven't had direct dealings with them. I honestly believe we are going to get an apostate pope who denies the deity of Christ, and Islam will be the one world religion.

Write this prediction down, it will happen...

So you think this is all being done so they can bring in a one world religion? If so what religion will it be? or will they do what they've done with the current religions and borrow bits from older religions

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
OP, I am not sure what you are referring to about the Muslims in the UK. Is this in reference to the recent protests by Muslims calling the returning soldiers terrorists and baby killers? If so, do you think your government should disallow this sort of protest? It does seem anti-British to me, but isn't that their right, as citizens of your country to protest what they believe is a wrong? Should maybe citizens of Britain who agree with what the government is doing get off their duffs and rally round the troops, making signs and shouting, etc.? Like, drown them out? I don't know much about what is going on in Britain.

Thanks for your input kyred

Of course they are allowed their freedom of speech just in the same way people in america protested against sending american troops into Iraq/Iran

All I'm saying is that the extreme Muslims seem to be able to do what they want in a Christian Country. This seems strange to me

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DodgeG1

Are you saying they shouldn't be able to do whatever they want (within the law)? So you think it is 'strange' that one culture can be accepting of another?

For an atheist, you seem awfully obsessed with the UK being a 'Christian Nation'. While I agree that you may be officially right (Anglican Church and all), I wouldn't consider the UK to be a Christian nation. I think I (personally) know almost no one from the UK that even has a vague belief in God. It is DEFINITELY much less than the US, for example (although perhaps a little more than the rest of Europe).

Personally, I haven't seen what you are talking about (the big guys turning a blind eye to 'wrongdoings' of the muslim community) occurring in any relevant amount, and even on the rare occasion that something does occur, the media calls them out on it.

Nobody is scared.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DodgeG1

Of course they are allowed their freedom of speech just in the same way people in america protested against sending american troops into Iraq/Iran All I'm saying is that the extreme Muslims seem to be able to do what they want in a Christian Country. This seems strange to me

This is a very interesting point, although the uk assumes itself to be a christian country and many people who are required to give themselves labels, give themselves the label of christian. The fact of the matter is that the uk is not a practicing christian country, very few people in the uk take christianity seriously.

Church attendance is dramatically declining while mosque attendance is raising simply because there are more Muslims migrating to the uk who happen to be practicing and more brits are seeing christainity as a superstitious dogmatic control mechanism, that fails to prove of any value.

I get the feeling there are conflicting agendas behind closed door in power bases.
Christians appear to be petrified that Islam is being allowed to rise dramatically because their beliefs are protected by the courts of human rights. It seems that some are desperately attempting to reinstate the exalted position that was previously had by Christianity in the uk.

Unfortunately for them, most brits don't give a flying monkeys about religion, they go to church for funerals and weddings and claim to believe in a god because it's easier not to think than be ostracized.

This is a very complicated topic and contrary to some previous posters opinions, I find your thread thought provoking and a valid discussion point.

This may all end I chaos perhaps as it's claimed the intent of those that would bring in the NWO forcing us to accept one religion.

Perhaps now is the time to consider whether religion itself has any validity at all, perhaps now is the time to insist that religion be kept in places of worship and homes.

Perhaps now is a time to employ reason as a moral authority in the UK, by observing what Islamic fundamentalist do we can jog our memories to remember what Christianity has done and is equally as capable of doing again, should it be given the opportunity.

Oppression and tyranny has many different guises.

May the god of reason light our way.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
OP, I am not sure what you are referring to about the Muslims in the UK. Is this in reference to the recent protests by Muslims calling the returning soldiers terrorists and baby killers? If so, do you think your government should disallow this sort of protest? It does seem anti-British to me, but isn't that their right, as citizens of your country to protest what they believe is a wrong? Should maybe citizens of Britain who agree with what the government is doing get off their duffs and rally round the troops, making signs and shouting, etc.? Like, drown them out? I don't know much about what is going on in Britain. Just second hand information from news sources.

If these protests where anti any ethnic group they would have been dragged off the street kicking and screaming. However because the UK Muslim community has fine tuned the art of publicly making anybody that disagrees with them a racist, from your average working person to MP’s.

These where the people who were at the protest, let’s hope he’s not load a plane headed for the US aye.. However no action was taken because both the police and government know that they are provoking a fight which will then be turned around showing themselves to be poor innocent Muslims being victimised by racists.

Don’t come back with the moderate Muslims speech because it is well known that by Sharia law and faith come first, not race, right or wrong or justice. Just have a look at the Muslim community responses “we condemn any group who protest illegally” sounds like they are denouncing what went on but it’s not really, is it, as the protest was legal thanks to the freedom of British law.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join