It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies! Lies! and more Lies!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Iran 'has no bomb-grade uranium'

Mr Blair also said al-Qaeda was weaker now than a year ago thanks to sustained pressure on militant bases in Pakistan.

Afghanistan war 'far from lost'

"We know that it was from this same area that al-Qaeda and its extremist allies are regenerating and conceiving new atrocities to visit upon us."

OK here we have two entirely different stories and each are saying the exact opposite from the US Government about the same issue.
Obama Obama Can we all just get the same story going sheesh.

So which is it? Are they on the skids or are they "Regenerating" So the Obama administration can have their boogey man?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
They both could be correct. While they are weaker then they were a year ago, they are still recruiting new members.

If they recruit 1 for every 5 we kill then they are weaker then they were, but they are still regenerating.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yeah but...

In one story they are trying to play it down for political reasons and in the other story they are trying to make seem overwhelming so they can get even more support.

I just caught them at it

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Yes and no.

The force itself maynot be overwhelming, but the terrain can make it seem like they are fighing a huge army.

If I get the call to go, I wouldn't want to fight a force with the same numbers as ours. Due to the fact that it is their terrain and while we see it as a rough, hard place. They see it as their home and they are comfortable there.

Their force is nowhere near ours, but they do have home court advantage.

Think of it as Iwa Jima (sp?). We bombarded the crap out of them, threw tens of thousands of better equiped marines at them and they still gave a fight worthy of commendation. They did this because of the terrain and because they were comfortable there.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yes I understand that all to well I'm talking about politics where one day they say one thing and the next they say something else it all depends on which version you care to listen to is all.
Thanks for the replies.

And if you're called thanks for your service.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It's just double speak SLAYER69
It is designed to make people on both sides of the argument happy without actually really saying anything at all.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
It's just double speak SLAYER69
It is designed to make people on both sides of the argument happy without actually really saying anything at all.

It isn't double speak. They both are right. Just because we kill a bunch of them doesn't mean they aren't recruiting more. Just because they are weaker then they were a year ago doesn't mean they are something to sneeze at.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I say they are feeling the heat

Pakistan tribe agrees to hand over Taliban
www.abovetopsecret.com...

KHAR, Pakistan (AP) — A tribe in a Pakistani region where the military has fought insurgents has agreed to stop sheltering foreign fighters and hand over local Taliban leaders, authorities said.

Pakistan has previously signed such pacts with tribes in its northwest regions bordering Afghanistan, and they tend to unravel.

But Monday's agreement in the Bajur tribal area came after the army said it had defeated insurgents there after six months of fighting. Bajur is a rumored hiding place of al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, and the offensive there has earned praise from American officials who are concerned that militants use Pakistan as a base from which to plan attacks in Afghanistan.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I saw that earlier.

Its about time they did this. It took them how many years? Now that the full wrath of the US Military is starting to head their way they are ready to hand them over.

Now lets see if they actually let us go into Pakistan and get them.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Hey Slayer,
It depends...
Are we on day Flip?
Or day Flop?

You're gonna hear whatever story suits their needs, regardless of truth.
Truth doesn’t exists anymore.

peace

top topics

join