It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Meltdown is Over. Now is time to make Money.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
swing trade i enjoyed your post....from a trader's standpoint don't make it your last.......check in from time to time should you see anything on the charts that leads you to believe the BMR has run out of gas

I would think treasury's would have a good deal to do with where the bear mkt rally tops out at.....it seems the recent rise in treasury yields (price falling) indicates to me that some investors were making a switch into stocks ......this could continue so long as the second half recovery jargon can gain traction........(note treasury and dollar bears have been waiting for this bubble to burst for SOME time now) and they take any little dip as a sign this is just around the corner ( i don't buy it)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm not done with the pessimists yet:

The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 214.33 points, or 2.61%, to 8426.74, the S&P 500 rose 29.72 points, or 3.39%, to 907.24 and the Nasdaq Composite picked up 44.36 points, or 2.58%, to 1763.56. The consumer-friendly FOX 50 added 19.05 points, or 2.95%, to 665.25.

“You’re seeing an embracing of the fact that the economy is no longer falling off a cliff. We are starting to see a little bit of strength here and there,” said Paul Nolte, director of investments at Hinsdale Associates.

In addition to a surprise jump in pending home sales and the first increase in construction spending in six months, the markets responded favorably to signs banks may be able to tap private capital to raise cash, a global stock market rally

Fox Business

[edit on 4-5-2009 by rattan1]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rattan1

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Is this a good sign?

Or could this be a generated false bubble?

It is possible that the wealthy investors will launch a massive sell-off when the Dow reaches approximately 8,500 then the real collapse could happen.

I'd hold on for now, this could just be the eye of the storm, the worst may soon come.

we are now 8100+ nearing the 8500....could be by next week..lets see if we have the collapse

We are now 8,426.......

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
on your first post in the thread you ask how many "doom and gloom" threads have come true and why should it be true for this one

what exactly is the difference between that metaphor and someone who is able to look at a unstable situation with a rationale that may be unpopular and painful to some....but rather obvious? doom and gloom is convenient label people attach so they don't have to think about things that seem unpleasent....especially when they liberally attach the term to things that are not "bullish".....yet often correct....take Rubini's name as dr. doom when in reality he has just been "Dr. correct bear."...

many on ATs were calling for a collapse of the market......there is a thread rock puck started talking about this......that was a "doom and gloom" that came true......

but then again i fear you are blinded by your desire to recoup your losses

this market should go to 9000-10000 sometime between now and the realization that company's simply contracting less than "forecast" is still no good for earnings.....this realization should take time to acknowledge.....since many have adopted the false recovery belief....(never invest with your emotions)....none the less a great call on a MKT RALLY.........

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Don't you worry; Helicopter Ben has done a heel turn again and is forecasting the start of an economic recovery later in 2009!

Happy days are (almost) here again

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TypeSH2001
Don't you worry; Helicopter Ben has done a heel turn again and is forecasting the start of an economic recovery later in 2009!

Happy days are (almost) here again

ben's the man .....sitting so smug and disingenious up there (for are "own good")...........i hope that prediction is better than the one he had in 08 ....that said the economy should pick up by the end of 08...

In all reality ben is either a useful idiot ("subprime losses will be minimal....and are contained to subprime")

and/or he also is TRYING to Create market confidence and thus reality thru perception management..........

note that ben also lists a condiition of this recovery being that the financial sector heals......ya the thing is that the credit markets are functioning much better than in 08 BUT they are doing better because they are on LIFE SUPPORT lines of credit from the FED......although one large part of the credit market screaming; more pain !.......is the corporate bond market .....gee NO fed program there yet...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Is this a good sign?

Or could this be a generated false bubble?

It is possible that the wealthy investors will launch a massive sell-off when the Dow reaches approximately 8,500 then the real collapse could happen.

I'd hold on for now, this could just be the eye of the storm, the worst may soon come.

we are now 8100+ nearing the 8500....could be by next week..lets see if we have the collapse

We are now 8,426.......

Ha ha.....we are now 8512 point.....so is it going to collapse? Unemployment figures should be out by Friday and the stress test tomorrow......

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I sold out of several positions today.
I still hold some others, for various reasons.
I now have about 50% stock/50% cash.

Anybody else pulling the trade trigger?

I am going to continue stockpiling expendable income from the occupation, adding it to my brokerage account, waiting for the dip before Summer Solstice, and then I'll throw all my cash back into stocks again.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
good news on the unemployment front rate jumps to 8.9 as forecast but April jobs lost come in well lower than forecast 539........prolly will be revised to 580 or so but still shows a short term down trend compared with march's revised 690,000 plus losses

do not step in front of this bull yet

[edit on 8-5-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Monday, May 18, 2009.

DJIA up 235.44

This right here is the sucker part of the larger bull rally. The Dow still has to retrace quite a bit more. Today's action appeared to be very manipulative.

Is anybody buying?

I'm still hording cash and waiting several more weeks for the buying opportunity.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
Monday, May 18, 2009.

DJIA up 235.44

This right here is the sucker part of the larger bull rally. The Dow still has to retrace quite a bit more. Today's action appeared to be very manipulative.

Is anybody buying?

I'm still hording cash and waiting several more weeks for the buying opportunity.

Simple short covering.....thin volume....the week will end down...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thursday, May 21, here we go! The twins are at it again. Bulls and bears. Bears and bulls. What can us mere mortals do?!

I'm going to float downstream on Jason's ship, and then catch a ride back up on the back of a giant crab.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Don't be fooled by the Dow index being re-calculated.
The selling only continues, but from a higher level.

General Motors and Citigroup will be officially removed from the Dow Jones industrial average on June 8.
Travelers Companies will replace Citi.
Cisco Systems will replace GM.

Today's buying is an example of Media endorsed hype.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
June 02, 2009

This low volume rally could fizzle.
We could see 13 trading days downward.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
From Libyan News agency, Mathaba:
Manipulation - How Markets Really Work
www.mathaba.net...

Green Chip
www.greenchipstocks.com...

Renewable energies may be a good investment.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well guys this sort of thing happens to me frequently.
It is what I like to call negative concurrence. It is... but it ain't.

I seem to be near accurate with the timing but terribly wrong on the direction. The market should have retraced already if I were to be correct. So unless this week brings a nice fat 1100 point drop, I won't be buying on Friday.

I'm thinking now about a failure in my buying prediction. I may have the time absolutely correct, but the action wrong. It may be time to sell the remaining stocks and sit on an all cash position for a while.

I don't recommend shorting to people because derivative products do not allow much opportunity to hold on for the ride. Too many people get stopped out on short positions. So I won't be shorting even if the market does turn down. I'll simply hold the cash and wait for the next entry level.

Are you out there, Rattan1? What is your call?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

The Economic Meltdown is over….. Time to make some money. The announcement made by Citigroup and the way the market has reacted has marked the End of the Economic Meltdown.
Stop listening to all those Doom and Gloom People and cease the opportunity in front of you to make some Money. How many doom and gloom predictions made here on ATS ever came true and why should it be different for this one?
The rapidity with which the stock market will recover will stun many. Share prices are still at a bargain so just buy as much as you can and watch it all grow and make huge capital gains.

Don’t waste your money stockpiling on Food and ammunition…the dream of doom is not going to come true for some here. Citigroup announcement is just the beginning and many more will come.

For all those that don’t believe me will only see everything unfold before them and curse themselves for all the missed opportunity.

So people please forget about all the Doom thing( will never ever happen) and cease the opportunity NOW.

Is this sarcasm?

I mean honestly, the end of capitalism and a money-based society could in many ways be a good thing. I'm not wishing for doom by any means, but I don't think it's going to be the 80s/90s again ever.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Oh yes this economic meltdown seems to be so darn over. Prime NY real estate is closed for business, GM when bust even after the bail out, Unemployment is at its highest records ever, Six Flags went bankrupt and the OP is so poor that they can not afford proper spelling.

Just joking about that last one Fun maybe going bankrupt but I still give away corny jokes for free

but seriously I see the market going up for a few about 2 or 3 more weeks and then BOOM right as we brooch the 9000 mark the rug will be pulled out from under ya and that market will sail its way down past 4000....

In the present time Tourism is down Joblessness is UP and the Economy is so obviously going into the can that only those the believe in the Official 911 story would believe that it is going to get better.

It aint.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
Oh yes this economic meltdown seems to be so darn over. Prime NY real estate is closed for business, GM when bust even after the bail out, Unemployment is at its highest records ever, Six Flags went bankrupt and the OP is so poor that they can not afford proper spelling.

Just joking about that last one Fun maybe going bankrupt but I still give away corny jokes for free

but seriously I see the market going up for a few about 2 or 3 more weeks and then BOOM right as we brooch the 9000 mark the rug will be pulled out from under ya and that market will sail its way down past 4000....

In the present time Tourism is down Joblessness is UP and the Economy is so obviously going into the can that only those the believe in the Official 911 story would believe that it is going to get better.

It aint.

For sure. How many times have they told us it's getting better so far anyway? At least three.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hold on, how did America suddenly pay off billions of dollars of debt? This to me looks like a company that is using the media to trick investors into raising the share prices so that they themeselves can get out.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join