It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Meltdown is Over. Now is time to make Money.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
im sorry to break the news, but this financial crisis has only just begun and is far from over. Until I get a job, and see all the hundreds of people I know who are jobless get employed.. I will not be convinced of any change.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

I do agree that we still have a long way to go. However, as I have mentioned many times on this thread, we are at a turnaround. Recovery will start with the root cause of the current crisis, that is, a recovery in the housing market and this is happening:

U.S. home sales climb at fastest pace in 10 months

More and more good economic data will come. Many economists are saying that the worst month of this crisis has been January 09 and things are improving.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
im sorry to break the news, but this financial crisis has only just begun and is far from over.

I agree. I've been around town the last couple weeks making some deliveries and just about every manufacturing business is in serious trouble now. I knew things were bad, but when you hear that 12 of 15 businesses are saying it looks like they will be closing up shop by the end of April, and there are only a few employees left right now out of the dozens they all had working at each business .. well, you can see we're just starting to get into this depression.

I'm not kidding, it's looking really bad. Staffing has been reduced like 80% in all the small businesses that manufactures, and those still on the job are down to 3 or 4 days a week working 4 hours a day, simply hoping to clear out some of their remaining inventory before they go belly up.

Whomever thinks things are looking better haven't peek behind the curtain yet. It's bad out there. I was out for a while today and I noticed half a dozen people living in their cars now where there were none to be seen a month ago, parked wherever they can get away doing so.

Manufacturing in this nation is a heart beat away from death, and when they fall, everything else will come crashing down, and hard. Don't be fooled by what ya'll see on the front end of all this, there will be massive layoffs in April and that will affect retail and everything else. This isn't just a temporary downswing or bump in the road, the economy and US dollar is DEAD! Be ready.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

That Reuters piece you linked is such s mish mash of conflicting data reports the author should be ashamed characterizing it as "good" data with the title.

I've always heard one of the golden rules on Wall Street was NEVER to trust government data.

It has already been laid out in several threads that the US and World economies are in dire trouble.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
THE CRISIS IS INDEED OVER. Zimbabwe has come to the rescue of the world economy. Tell me how many country in the world you know where everyone own millions and billions of $. The Boost in Zimbabwe demand will create jobs around the world and end the crisis.

Goods reappear in Zimbabwe shops

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rattan1
The Economic Meltdown is over….. Time to make some money. The announcement made by Citigroup and the way the market has reacted has marked the End of the Economic Meltdown.
Stop listening to all those Doom and Gloom People and cease the opportunity in front of you to make some Money. How many doom and gloom predictions made here on ATS ever came true and why should it be different for this one?
The rapidity with which the stock market will recover will stun many. Share prices are still at a bargain so just buy as much as you can and watch it all grow and make huge capital gains.

Don’t waste your money stockpiling on Food and ammunition…the dream of doom is not going to come true for some here. Citigroup announcement is just the beginning and many more will come.

For all those that don’t believe me will only see everything unfold before them and curse themselves for all the missed opportunity.

So people please forget about all the Doom thing( will never ever happen) and cease the opportunity NOW.

Are you punch drunk? What have you been smoking? Or you just been dipping into the Kool Aid? come on man. The slight increase in the stock market is just a last ditch effort to have people invest (what little they have left) in it again so the rich can get as rich as possible before everything does go to sh%t. Right now the administration is trying to show that they are trying to turn things around, after a while it will all fall down and humpty dumpty will not be put back together again. It is all a well staged act to make the average ignorant Joe think that they give a rats tail about us....

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Wake up and smell the coffee!
It's a bran new day!
Unless you want your kids to grow up without an ounce of optimism.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
When i signed onto aol today, yahoo news popped up, and in the news siad the dow dipped 6.8%... not sure what that means, but i don know a financial dip is not good anyway yuo slice it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by biomehanika

Great post. You are sooo correct to see that everything starts at the bottom and ZOOOOOwish heads straight up.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

It has to start somewhere. Half of something is better than all of nothing.
I'm long, so let er rip! If they correct I'll buy em back again.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
k, so the OP has figured out how $1.5 QUADRILLION in bunk derivities will be accounted for without a massive, painful correction and collapse.

Earth GDP = 50 Trillion

This s*** hasn't even begun.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Since I started this thread, I said that more and more good news will come and prove that there is a turnaround. Pessimism is now turning into optimism and this is what we need:

Wall St extends rally as optimism builds

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rattan1
Since I started this thread, I said that more and more good news will come and prove that there is a turnaround. Pessimism is now turning into optimism and this is what we need:

Wall St extends rally as optimism builds

Optimism coming from where?

Oh, the bailouts, that's right. I'd be optimistic if I had an extra 100 million Euros in the bank as well

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Is this a good sign?

Or could this be a generated false bubble?

It is possible that the wealthy investors will launch a massive sell-off when the Dow reaches approximately 8,500 then the real collapse could happen.

I'd hold on for now, this could just be the eye of the storm, the worst may soon come.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Why is everyone here hoping for the collapse to happen? Will you be sooooooo happy to see people out of job, increase poverty, increase in crime etc.....will that make you happy?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

I hope and pray that we've seen the worst, would like to be optimistic, though if the recent past is any indication of the future optimism is hard. Not only that but I have heard from reliable sources that many major investors are planning a massive sell-off of stocks when the values reach an exceptable loss level. So that is why I say we MAY not have seen the worst yet.

I travel this country quite extensively, I have seen and witnessed the results of this economy in cities all over the USA and, I assure you I do NOT want to see it get worse.

Optimism is good, if that is all that is driving the markets upward along with unsustainable aid from the government then the next phase of possible collapse could be worse.

Calm before the storm?

Not gloom and doom, just honest skepticism based on my personal experience.

I hope I am wrong, perhaps more than you.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Its almost like in the last stock market crash when everything got better and the banks started putting lots of money into the system. Everything then decided it was now over and put their money into the system ( all of it) and it really started to go up....

Then this thing called black Tuesday happened.

en.wikipedia.org...

Every bull market starts with a rally but not all rallies start bull markets

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I honestly can't even waste my time with this thread or the OP. This mess hasn't even begun to get bad. The rally will be short lived......hey, its so great out there, eh? Go tell all those living in TENT CITIES IN CALIFORNIA. I mean, I don't even know where I'd start to correct this false pessimism. We owe more as a nation than ever before. People don't trust the dollar, and why should they. Obama plans to add more spending, just like the last asshole President. Just wait for the HYPERINFLATION. We are much like the Weimar Republic, its eerie.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I really appreciate your comments and your opinion. I do agree that there will be a sell-off on the market shortly as all those bargain hunters who bought theirs stocks at bargain price will sell their stocks to make short term profits. Even I will be selling the stocks I purchased since I started the thread and my portfolio has almost tippled its value and I will sell some just to cover my initial investments. However, I don't think the sell-off will be as massive as most may think that could cause a collapse. More good economic data are coming out and this would prompt investors to hold for the long-term. The market will still go up and down but will not close at a lower point it has already been.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by siryancelot
I honestly can't even waste my time with this thread or the OP. This mess hasn't even begun to get bad. The rally will be short lived......hey, its so great out there, eh? Go tell all those living in TENT CITIES IN CALIFORNIA. I mean, I don't even know where I'd start to correct this false pessimism. We owe more as a nation than ever before. People don't trust the dollar, and why should they. Obama plans to add more spending, just like the last asshole President. Just wait for the HYPERINFLATION. We are much like the Weimar Republic, its eerie.

I sincerely think that those living in the tent cities in Cal would rather hear that they can hope for things to get better for them rather than hearing you.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join