It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can Control your Weight with your Mind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'm tired of hearing people are obese and underweight because they don't eat healthy or workout right.

The people who actually go to the gym end up not being satisfied all the time because they feel that they are not 'perfect' yet, so they go and buy products.

The products are ALL placebo effects that don't work 100% but the people on it get excited and adopt a POSITIVE mindset since they think they will get the body that they want.

They get bigger or slimmer depending on what their goal was, but they think it was the product that did it to them, so they go and buy more health products.

Their mind is thinking it's the products that gets them in a good shape when in reality it's their OWN mind.

All my friends workout and they use to think I was too skinny, and that I needed to workout.

I was too lazy, and always looked at myself in the mirror before night and sometimes during the day admiring myself. It sounds weird, but it really isn't.

I give a full 15 minutes everyday to myself where I TRULY admire myself and compliment myself as if it was a third person saying it. I TRULY BELIEVE IT.

So I do that everyday, and now I have an eight pack, put on 15 pounds of muscle, got bigger biceps, and have healed my weak knees. All this within 6 weeks. No one seems to know how I got here without working out. They accuse me of working out behind their backs.

One of my other good friends couldn't make it to the gym everyday, so he started doing what I was doing on the days that he wasn't working out.

Now he has a bigger frame structure, bigger shoulders, and bigger chest. All the people that see him say, "You look jacked" right to his face and it makes him happy.

I've done and it and so have other people I know. You control your mind, and your mind can control your goals via negative and positive mindsets.

Now use your mind and control your weight with it.

This is a super ability we all have. It's just suppressed in society via subliminal advertisements that we see, hear, and believe.

Also, don't you think it's pretty obvious in society?

The health companies make the "newest" or "strongest" products that will get your ripped, in shape, etc. but they leave the MAIN thing out. They don't tell you that working out is 1% of it. Your mind and belief in achieving your goals is the 99% that really matters.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Interesting.. it could be true because once I read a book that said if your happy you are healthy

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
The products are ALL placebo effects that don't work 100% but the people on it get excited and adopt a POSITIVE mindset since they think they will get the body that they want.

I'm not sure about that, but here's something I experienced on my own. Me and two other friends started working out in a gym.

We bought this protein drink formula that we take after doing workouts. After a short while, I stopped drinking the protein drink. My friends continued. At the end of an appreciable amount of time, I ended up with a better figure even though we all did nearly the same workout routine!

I never trusted formulas anyway, that's why I stopped.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
yeah those protein drinks were probably loaded with carbs. All the calories they just burned they put right back in. you didn't drink the drink so you were continuing the caloric deficit and burning more fat. both of you guys were building the same muscle though. A lot of people don't realize that 1. you don't need all that protein even when lifting heavy. just double the regular daily recommended serving. ie 1 chicken breast. eat two instead. but to go nuts with super whey mega branched super chain protein with extra creatine and l-carnatine in it is not necessary. Although eating whey protein with water as a mini meal (like a scoop or so) is good.

2. a lot of those muscle mass and muscle milk drinks are loaded with carbs. they are realistically only good for guys who are pro competition lifters trying to upgrade their physiques from stupid massive to retardedely massive. unless you have a physique that can bench 400 and you are trying to get up to 455 than the amount of carbs in the super mega muscle protein smoothie drink are necessary. the rest of us only need a banana before hand or some fruit juice, and a little bit of protein after wards.

Those pills work for a limited time. I say all those hydroxy cut pills work on the body for the first two weeks or so than you you get used to it and the effects wear off because you r body adjusts.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Why take all this time writing such a long post just for it to be at very least misleading, letalone complete hogwash?

No matter how hard you 'wish', 8 packs don't appear, or do muscles. Muscles especially don't pull appearing acts, they need to be built. Abs, if you went throuhg a lot of weight loss they could be showing more than before. But if you had a 1 pack 6 weeks ago, and now you have 8, you've been fasting for 6 weeks.

But I guess knowing the state of the US, and gullibility of this forum - you'll definitely have some people believing your horse trash.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by king9072]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
yeah those protein drinks were probably loaded with carbs. All the calories they just burned they put right back in. you didn't drink the drink so you were continuing the caloric deficit and burning more fat. both of you guys were building the same muscle though. A lot of people don't realize that 1. you don't need all that protein even when lifting heavy. just double the regular daily recommended serving. ie 1 chicken breast. eat two instead. but to go nuts with super whey mega branched super chain protein with extra creatine and l-carnatine in it is not necessary. Although eating whey protein with water as a mini meal (like a scoop or so) is good.

Those pills work for a limited time. I say all those hydroxy cut pills work on the body for the first two weeks or so than you you get used to it and the effects wear off because you r body adjusts.

Haha, I bet your ripped? Carbs are essential after workout, just as much as protein. If going for muscle gain, NOT consuming qualtiy protein and carbs will seriously hamper your results. Not saying you will get none, but you will get more with proper nutrition. Proven.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

What are you talking about?

8 packs don't appear? Yes, they actually do because I'm living proof.

I didn't starve myself, change up my nutrition, or anything. I started seeing myself with an 8 pack and it happened.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

8 packs don't appear? Yes, they actually do because I'm living proof.

I didn't starve myself, change up my nutrition, or anything. I started seeing myself with an 8 pack and it happened.

Almost everyone has a great set of abs. The only problem is that it cleverly hides itself under the even greater layers of fat. People with high body fat percentage will never be able to see their abs, even if they commit to doing 5000 sit ups PER DAY. But, if the same person simply lowers their body fat percentage abs will start to appear.

If you did not have any abs whatsoever 6 weeks ago, and now you have '8 pack' your body fat percentage has been slashed, that cannot be debated, thats PROVEN, you making this ridiculous claim is absolutely no proof of anything. It's a proven fact that you need to lower your body fat to make your abs appear, and ill say this one last time, IF YOU DID NOT HAVE ANY ABS 6 WEEKS AGO AND YOU DO NOW - YOU HAVE SLASHED YOUR BODY FAT PERCENTAGE! Whether through better maintained nutrition, or starvation - your body has lost fat.

You cant debate a hypothesis that can be tested and proven an infinite amount of times, with the debate 'oh I just thought about it and it happened'. Though I do believe in the power of thought - especially for healing purposes, this is too far fetched. If all it took were thoughts, we would have millions of lotto winners every month.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The RIGHT supplements DO WORK! I used to cycle creatine, protein, and simply take a multi-vitamin. You WILL obtain more strength, and overall better shape with again the RIGHT supplement. Of course there is always steroids to. So yes your mindset is important, but to gain the strength and body you or someone may desire, you WILL need a bit of help. Just gotta know which supps and companies actually sell worth while products.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I didn't slash or change my nutrition habits. I got abs because I BELIEVED and SAW myself with abs.

Now you can say whatever you want and claim it's "scientific" proof and lie to yourself. It's not hurting me in any shape or form.

Your mind is more powerful than you think. If you don't think that then it's your problem not mine.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

another thing that is PROVEN is the mind's ability to control homeostasis, which plays a role in energy/caloric/fat burning.

It could be that this guy has mentally (for example) caused his body to get hotter/burn more fat (in some other way perhaps) and thus lower his body fat % and cause his abs to appear.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
hey i'm all about good nutrition.

you hit the nail on he head quality protien like chicken breast. not carbo loading with some whey on the side like those drinks.

I also recommend lots of non soluble fiber. Especially an absorbent kind. all of your fat that you are trying to burn must be eliminated through the body's liver. but most people have a over burdened liver. the reason why is because we eliminate toxins ,mostly by excreting them into the intestine. but 80 percent of it gets re absorbed back into the body and recirculated giving the liver a job that never ends because it's impossible to get rid of the toxins when the same ones keep getting reintroduced. absorbing fiber like chick pea fiber absorbs the bile and the toxins with it flushing them out of the body. this frees up the liver to process the fat and eliminate it's broken down components better. you loose weight pretty fast when the liver is running smooth. also the fiber is filling and helps keep the calories down.

Am I ripped. not diced up and shredded if thats what you mean. but thats would be unhealthy to be that shredded. body fat to some degree is good and healthy. too little is dangerous. I certainly have plenty of muscle definition. A visible 6 pack but not diced up and totally cut. You can see the various divisions of my quads and my delts. I have large triceps and can do 200 pound close grip incline presses. Hands spaced pretty much touching. Built more like a gladiator endomorphic heading towards true mezomorph than some ectomorph mezomorph wannabe whos shredded but has muscles made of sukiyaki or carne asada, while I'm made from angus. thick, beefy. built to do real work.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

The "right" supplements will help sure, but 99% is your mentality and mind.

Do you think if you saw yourself fat and lazy, then worked out with the most advanced supplements in the world that you'd have an amazing body and figure?

Impossible.

Without a pure mentality and mindset you will NEVER reach 100%.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

LOL @ Your signature! I'm always just a u2u away. Remember that.
But here it is. Just paste that link into your avatar slot and it will work in your posts as well instead of your avatar not working at the moment:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by bobbylove321

Interesting topic. People have used mental suggestion to conquer phobias, stop bad habits, build self esteem, and even increase breast size. I have no doubt you could do some sort of self mind programming to boost your metabolism and burn calories faster.

The only think I am skeptical about is muscle building. Not saying it's impossible in light of the above. Just a stretch.

Do you have any photographic evidence?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I didn't slash or change my nutrition habits. I got abs because I BELIEVED and SAW myself with abs.

Now you can say whatever you want and claim it's "scientific" proof and lie to yourself. It's not hurting me in any shape or form.

Your mind is more powerful than you think. If you don't think that then it's your problem not mine.

Listen, never once have I debated that there is zero effect. I totally agree that mindset makes up a good portion of how well you do in the end of anything. Whether its doing better in school, or at work, or in the gym, a positive mindset and proper thinking will no doubt increase the good results. But what you're suggesting is a fable.

I suppose 6 weeks before you started your ab program, you were 500 pounds and just shed 325 of those thinking about it? Those two things are practically as likely as eachother.

Correct your stance to more appropriately reflect reality, your pipe dream is giving abless people everywhere hope that they can continue living like slobs and eating garbage food and get the body they always dreamed of.

Are you sure you aren't selling an "ab belt"?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Don't forget there is a HUGE misconception to when someone mentions bodyweight. Many guys who are described as ripped, healthy, muscular, etc are never over 190lbs. So its MUCH easier to lose and do things then those who have different mass index's. I am 272lbs with 11.8% body fat. Now in many minds I am unhealthy, and not in shape, but NOT having a 6/8 pack DOES NOT make you healthier or in better shape.

So if your MIND allows you to tweak your body, then cool, but some of us need that help to keep our figures and push the kind of weight we do..lol..we just can't "think" ...call me lazy..

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
What so you are saying that eating healthy, drinking lots of water, getting your 5 fruits and 2 veg a day, plus doing exercise....

Will not make you lose weight as well as your way will?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yes I have photographic evidence but what would that prove? In this time and age you can simply go to Google and steal someone else's picture, so that's not necessary.

I was 150 lbs about 6 weeks ago, and now I'm 164 lbs and I have a ripped 8 pack.

I don't hit the gym. I don't eat "right". I pretty much don't do anything physical.

Like I said, I give myself 15 minutes each day in front of the mirror TRULY admiring myself.

This also works for a lot of other things as well. You know how they say your hair grows half an inch or a centimeter a month? Well, I'm starting to grow my hair out and in the past 2 weeks I've grown a little bit more than a centimeter.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
agree though. it's a little freaky to go from nothing to an 8 pack in 6 weeks. you pretty much have to starve yourself... bad. Not impossible but very very unlikely.

although I did see a before and after photo of a seal from hell week at buds. the guy was in good shape maybe 5,8 170. after hell week he was about 150. looked it anyway. went from basic shape but no hardcore definition to total vascularity and about 2% body fat in 10 days or a week or how ever long hell week at buds really is. pretty astounding. so it is possible. although I've been told that during hell week they burn something ridiculous like 10K calories a day and are on the verge of death from over exhaustion. so going from 10 percent body fat to 2 in a week is possible. just really really dangerous.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The "right" supplements will help sure, but 99% is your mentality and mind.

Do you think if you saw yourself fat and lazy, then worked out with the most advanced supplements in the world that you'd have an amazing body and figure?

Impossible.

Without a pure mentality and mindset you will NEVER reach 100%.

Sorry man 99% is simply wrong. I believe the mind is VERY important but WITHOUT the right ingredients, your muscle fibers and lactid acids CANNOT process right and allow the body to do what it needs to. I would say its closer to 40-50% mental, the rest is pure work. Trust me, I don't think, even with my mind power..lol, I would be Benching almost 500lbs and Squating almost 700lbs...without the right diet and suppliments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join