It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COLUMBIA!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You sick little B'stard, whats the problem with Israel mourning their first austronaut?

Its takes a particularly perverted type of personality to rejoice in this, push a bigoted racist barrow, or to point blame at what is a terrible accident.

Originally posted by e-nonymous
JTL,

The isreali's are just as bad. You think they feel any sorrow for what happened to the american's on board? No. They're all mourning for they're isreali guy only.

[Edited on 2-2-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Atleast the usa is mourning ALL the people onboard that ship. Isreal could give to #'s about the 6 american's that died because of the isreal scum with them. The entire middle east is filled with nothing but third world terroristic nation's who thrive on this kind of crap. We should never have let him on our ship. Thing's would be different now... There would have been no loss of life if it were all just american's flying it.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So, E-nonymous, you took a poll of the whole country of Israel (including the American Jews there and so forth) and have the hard data to show that they're only mourning their fellow countryman?

Wow. So, do tell me what your statistical sampling size was, and what's the margin of error? Was it expensive to call Israel and do the poll? What paradigm did you use when asking the questions (pollsters are so picky because the wrong phrasing will skew the data and make it unreliable.) And did the reaction of the American born Jews differ from the Russian born Jews and were there differences between those who were permanent residents and those on visas?

I'm fascinated about how you got such results and tallied them so quickly as to be able to clearly present the information about the feelings of a whole nation.

Inquiring minds want to know....

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I can't understand how any of us can point fingers of blame for this.That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of.It was a trgic accident,nothing more.I seriously doubt that anything traveling at 12,500 mph at 40 miles in the air was shot down.
This is what is wrong with the world now.Everyone wants to blame someone else for their problems.Step up and be a man(or woman)and except things that are your responsibilities.Stop spouting off at the mouth everytime something goes the way you think it shouldn't.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If you truely believe the garbage you are trying to push on us then I don't want to have anything to do with you.

Who did you blame fo the LAST time Columbia blew up? Or wern't you born then?

Infact I would consider such distorted and bigoted views to be those of such a disturbed mind that I wonder if there is a place for you on ATS itself....

Originally posted by e-nonymous
Atleast the usa is mourning ALL the people onboard that ship. Isreal could give to #'s about the 6 american's that died because of the isreal scum with them. The entire middle east is filled with nothing but third world terroristic nation's who thrive on this kind of crap. We should never have let him on our ship. Thing's would be different now... There would have been no loss of life if it were all just american's flying it.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Today was a horrible tragedy for all man kind not just us AMERICANS. This post is also a tragedy to all man kind. Why do people have to be so mean and cruel. What chance does man kind have if we can't even escape tribal warfare. Very sad!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
this was a huge tragedy and i feel bad for the families. i just cant figure out the word to describe it... crap.... oh ya now i remember... scapegoat.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Bout Time stop being so inconsistent.

You're against war in Iraq, so you don't have the RIGHT to even COMMENT about our soldiers, how dare you call them heros when you spit on the jobs they must do.

"You're a hero mr. soldier, but I spit upon you for comming back from vietnam...." Bull...

The reason why Astronauts are the real heros, and soldiers are just no longer worthy of the title, is because WAR is out dated, exploration is our future, and when those dumb politicians get that through their head, we'll only need a small army to fend off and hunt down terrorists, because no nation would go to conventional warfare with a nation that commits itself to exploration of such a heavenly place as the heavens.

These astronauts did more for Humanity then the "boys" in the helicopter crash.

I'm sorry, but I'm to the point of limiting passing out the title of hero to people who die saving someone (not what dying in a helicopter crash does, that's just bad luck, no different than the guy who dies in a car crash down the street, is he a hero too?) or to those who actually try to make a difference to all humanity.

Which is exactly what NASA has been trying to do for 40 years, but since Apollo they've had a shoe string budget.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 06:22 AM
link   

i would never get my bottom on that old piece of junk!!

This clearly shows your lack of intelligence...

Yes, the Columbia was the oldest one of the 4 shuttles...but it's only a couple of months/years older than the other ones.

It was build to fly at least 100 missions, it did only 29.
After each mission, every inch of the shuttle is inspected for cracks and other damage.

The cause of this terrible accident is probably due to and error during the lauch two weeks ago.

At that launch, a piece of insulating foam came off the external fuel tank, causing a flash and possibly knocking off heat-resistant tiles on the shuttle.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   
SHUTTLE MISSION 'DOOMED'

The space shuttle Columbia was "doomed" from the launch of the mission, a leading British scientist has claimed.

Professor Andre Balogh, of London's Imperial College, told Sky News he thought the spacecraft had effectively been crippled on take-off.

At the time, 16 days ago, a piece of protective foam was seen to have come loose as the shuttle left the ground, striking the shuttle's wing.

The damage done to the wing, said Prof Balogh, was "just there and waiting to destroy Columbia".

The flight, he said, "was doomed from the launch".

www.sky.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
SHUTTLE MISSION 'DOOMED'

At the time, 16 days ago, a piece of protective foam was seen to have come loose as the shuttle left the ground, striking the shuttle's wing.

The damage done to the wing, said Prof Balogh, was "just there and waiting to destroy Columbia".

And the guys from the NASA, they didn't see/know it ?

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
CNN said NASA did see it come off, officials had said that it would not have affected columbia and the mission in anyway. That may have been a lie, i'm not sure. I dont believe that one tile could cause such a disaster (as someone said it was designed to be used 100 times).

But once again something else is missing here. When it comes to space and space exploration i see big phat lies being told to the public (i know its a tradegy guys, and my heart goes out to all the families/friends of the space crew). But you can never ignore the fact that it may have been intentionally caused by some sick freak(s) who cares nothing else but of controlling/manipulating the world (E.g. WTC attack).

I think the Israeli might have had something to do with it (perhaps not) it just seems odd. NASA doesnt wont anyone to go near any fallen debris as its either very toxic or maybe they have lost a little "special" something that needs to be recovered..

Anyway enough of me, lets hope we get closer to identifying what really happened. Peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
they say don't go near the debris, yet a big piece fell into a city's drinking water reservior and they assured that the drinking water is safe. hmmm.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's amazing that I actually agree with Bout Time about something.

The Shuttle got coverage all day yesterday but a day or so before...4 Army guys died in Afghanistan when their Blackhawk helicopter crashed when trying to land...yet it was a 15 second sound byte in the media.

I guess people doing space experiments are more important than those actually defending this country.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
SHUTTLE MISSION 'DOOMED'

And the guys from the NASA, they didn't see/know it ?

everything i've been able to gather on these tiles is, they are all basically one of a kind made special for where they go on the shuttle. so in order to be able to fix it they would have to carry 20,000 spares, how much cargo space would that eat up?

and as far as NASA not wanting anyone to touch, or take pieces. lets use for example the tiles. i believe they do come from extraterestrial technology. they say you can heat them up to 2,500F and seconds later grab them with your bare hands,, and not get burned. there has also been reports of people who touched some of the debris in hospitals with resperatory problems after touching and breathing the debris. is it from the chemicals or from fumes from burning metal after going mach 18 through the atmosphere? that i do not know.

jra

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
tiles extraterestrial tech? hardly... give your fellow humans more credit...

they just dont want some moron wandering around and tampering with the stuff on the gound. they got to try and figure out what happened. they dont want some moron taking some of the parts and damaging them more then they already are. and the toxic chemicals are from the shuttles fuel. not every bit of debris is going to have that on it, but some parts will.

i dont know why every one is making such a big fuss over this (i dont mean the media. i mean you guys) not everything is a conspiracy. car and plane accedents get blocked off for police and other people to investigate... both also have toxic chemicals in them too.. whats the big f*cking deal?

some who said it was all the israeli.. that just makes me sick. do you know anything about israel? do you even know they are major allies of the US? isreal wouldn't even have much of a military if it wern't for all the US funding. why the hell would the israeli blow up the shuttle? can you tell me? can you give any good and logical reason as to why he would? (i really highly doubt it)

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Good point JRA. Also, who knows what they picked up when disetegrated. And besides, human remains have been found. Some sick f*ck would go out and collect it for something to sell later on for money.

And same with parts. Also, they want all pieces to see if they can figure out excatly what happened. If people go out and steal them, they will mess them up. And there are chemicals on them that could be dangerous. Would you nadle a piece of sharp metal that was soaked in gas? No? Well, this rocket fuel. And whatever else they use on the Columbia.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
First of all - Sympathy for the american families affected by this terrible disaster. I am sure all are going through a terrible time at the moment. Us australians know the impact a major event like this occurs - we've just had one of the worst train disasters since the Granville Crash some 30 odd years ago. 9 people lost their lives in that. It's time to pull together people.

Some thoughts on the crash. Just before launch I have heard that a peice of the main booster had detached and hit the left wing of the space shuttle. Technicians thought damage was minimal and the launch went ahead.

With all the time and money spent on shuttle launches wouldn't you want a 100 % PERFECT FLYING MACHINE.

Minimal damage to me is nott 100% perfect. Gees the craft was 20 years old and was ready for decomissioning 2 years ago. That in itself proves to me the machine was not fit to fly.

Again Sympathy goes out to you guys. All us australians are waiting in earnest for an answer to this tragedy.

Chris

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
An article on the radio said a senior engineer (I think)left Nasa recently and in his farewell address said he was worried about the quality control and the declining tolerances of safety he saw because of cutbacks.

He expected trouble to happen within the next 5 flights ... this was number 4 after his speach...

Did NASA cut back their safety too far?

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
did anyone see the eye witness report from the man who i think shot the amateur video??hes a policeman i think.he was on his holidays.he said "at first i thought there was a plane or something keeping up with it,but i realised planes dont fly that high".he also said"the first explosion blew out of the side,it then broke up and you could see all the vapour trails".if the object keeping up with it was not a plane then im guessing something fell off the side.as i understand it the heat tiles protect the underneath of the craft mainly so could it be possible the wing was ripped off could a tile hitting it on take-off cause that much damage or if that happened is it more likely to be wrong angle of desent?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join