It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new vast-left wing conspiracy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

The vast new left-wing conspiracy sets its tone every morning at 8:45 a.m., when officials from more than 20 labor, environmental and other Democratic-leaning groups dial into a private conference call hosted by two left-leaning Washington organizations.

The “8:45 A.M. call,” as it’s referred to by members, began three weeks ago, and it marks a new level in coordination by the White House’s allies at a time when the conservative opposition is struggling for a toe-hold and major agenda items like health care reform appear closer than ever to passage.

The call has helped attempts to link the Republican Party to radio host Rush Limbaugh, and has served as the launching ground for attacks on critics of Obama’s policy proposals. It springs from a recognition of what was lacking in the Clinton years, said Jennifer Palmieri, the senior vice president for communications at the Center for American Progress Action Fund, one of the groups hosting the call.

“[CAP President John] Podesta’s and my experience was in the White House during the Clinton years, and we didn’t have a coordinated echo chamber on the outside backing us up,” she said. “There’s a real interest on the progressive side for groups to want to coordinate with each other and leverage each other’s work in a way I haven’t ever seen before.”

The call is hosted by Progressive Media, a project of the CAP Action Fund and the Media Matters Action Fund. The project began last year as a launching pad for attacks on John McCain, but failed to raise money for television advertisements, and served in the later days of the presidential campaign as a platform for disseminating opposition research critical of his policy plans. White House officials do not take part in the calls.

The calls are led by its top staffer, Tara McGuinness, who will also head Progressive Media's "communications research and analysis war room" to wage spin and policy wars throughout the day, Palmieri said.

The call has proved particularly effective at coordinating attacks on critics, said Jacki Schechner, the national communications director for Health Care for America Now, a labor-backed alliance of groups that support Democratic efforts to expand health care.

“There’s a coordination in terms of exposing the people who are trying to come out against reform —they’ve all got backgrounds and histories and pasts, and it’s not taking long to unearth that and to unleash that, because we’re all working together,” Schechner said.

Read the rest here
www.politico.com...
Well, you know what? I can't believe this. Both the left and the right are crooks. So who are we left with? We had 8 years of the Republicans not wanting to give up their control of the media and attacking dissenting opinions and no we have 8 more years of censorship on our hands.

Is there ANYONE who we can trust?

I knew we couldn't trust either party... this is worse than the Government spying on you... now the media can shut down people who have opposing views.

What about the first amendment right? Freedom of the press?

I AM OUTRAGED.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
So this is how the liberal elite planing community operates.

“8:45 A.M. call,” how do we get the minutes of these meetings
or tap there phone and find out what they really have planed for the US,

Interesting is that even one member of the Obama administration is part of this “8:45 A.M. call,” conspiracy they would/could be required to release the information under the FOIA.

The courts sometimes takes a dim view of secret conspiracies in government.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
They have been talking about re-activating their electronic army of supporters to help support the president's policies. I wonder if the send out a text message to everyone right after the call. While I admire the cleverness of this, it's also really creepy. I wonder how the faithful feel about getting instructions everyday about what they should discuss around the water cooler.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
common past eight years was the most anti bush anti republican media we have ever had. its always been liberal controlled always will be.
major media outlets have always been pro democrat and anti republican.

now we have obama state run media outlets and your right we have no checks and balances

media use to be called "4th branch of government" but only if there is a republican president

the current media "cheers" obama questioning nothing he or his felllow democrats do. that is a sign of doom.

the major media should ally itself with neither party-to be truly neutral

the growing number of people who distrust major media outlets are increasingly turning to other sources of information such as the internet-question everything we are told do your own research and not just one source but multiple sources before forming an opinion-thats what i do.

i want my news to be what it should be: who,what,when,where?

not woulda,shoulda,coulda,why?

[edit on 11-3-2009 by neo67]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
sorry wrong post window.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by neo67]

top topics

join