It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 'Second' Stimulus Package!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Great news everyone! Our problems are over, Pelosi is open to a second stimulus package. Wait... did I say second? Which one are we on now? let's see, we have the Bush bank stimulus, the Obama omnibus, the 'middle class' stimulus... I'm sure I"m missing a few trillion dollars here and there.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the current administration... they just don't know what to do, or what's going on.

Maybe I'm just desensitized to these HUGE sums of money they're throwing around these days. Could you imagine if we used just a mere fraction of this, we could feed the hungry, power the world, build more efficient energies, fund all public schools, etc.

Here's a good snippet from the article:

Another economist, Allen Sinai, chief global economist at Decision Economics Inc, urged patience. But he questioned President Barack Obama's prediction that the $800 billion stimulus package enacted last month would create or save as many as 3 million to 4 million jobs.

"Initially … the jobs created may be a little disappointing," Sinai said.

Sinai said his analysis showed that about 2.5 million jobs would be saved or created over the next two years and he said it is more realistic to project 3 million jobs over a longer period of three years.

The most recent prediction from the Congressional Budget Office, released last week, estimates the recovery package will create or save from 1.2 million jobs to 3.6 million jobs.

4 million
3 million
2.5 milllion
do I hear 1.2 million?
1 million?

Maybe they should just say "some jobs"

new topics

join