It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

53% Say It's Likely the U.S. Will Enter a Depression Similar to 1930's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

53% Say It's Likely the U.S. Will Enter a Depression Similar to 1930's

www .rasmussenreports.com

Most Americans (53%) now think the United States is at least somewhat likely to enter a 1930’s-like depression within the next few years.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 39% think this outcome is unlikely.

Nineteen percent (19%) say a Depression is Very Likely while 7% say it is not at all likely.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wkyt.com

[edit on 10-3-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Very interesting to see the pessimism in American's growing so fast, as fast as the shootings on the news. I hope its not up another 10% by June. Once people lose hope, they also lose their sense of humanity and begin doing things like shooting their family, their bosses, or their priest. Why just this past weekend near an upscale shopping plaza here in Kentucky, a gay man shot his lover and had a 3 hour police chase and standoff- incidentally barricading William Shatner inside of a bookstore (totally unrelated). I mean - if the gay community is losing it- we are in for a long bumpy ride.

www.wkyt.com...

[edit on 10-3-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The same survey also said this-

Related Rasmussen polling found that only 45% believe anyone who wants to work can find a job, but most say it is possible for just about anyone to work their way out of poverty in America.

So, most say we are going into a depression like the Great Depression, yet most also say Americans can work their way of of poverty. I wouldn't put too much stock in this survey.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Really?

So the idea of shopping for pleasure will die?

Publix Super Markets, Inc. (commonly known as Publix) is an American supermarket chain based in Lakeland, Florida.

Founded in 1930 by George W. Jenkins, it is an employee-owned, privately held corporation and was ranked No. 4 on Forbes' 2006 list of "America's Largest Private Companies" and is the largest in Florida.[3] The company's 2007 sales totaled US$23 billion, with profits of over $1 billion,[2] ranking #107 on Fortune magazine's Fortune 500 list of U.S. companies for 2007. Supermarket News ranked Publix No. 8 in the 2007 "Top 75 North American Food Retailers" based on 2006 fiscal year sales.[4] Based on 2006 revenue, Publix is the fifteenth-largest retailer in the United States.[5]

Publix has operations in five states: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Alabama. It employs over 142,000 people at its 1,001 retail locations, corporate offices, eight grocery distribution centers, and nine Publix brand manufacturing facilities which produce its dairy, deli, bakery, and other food products.[6] In addition, Publix owns "Crispers", a chain of restaurants in Florida specializing in salads; some Crispers locations are adjacent or built into the already existing deli department in select Publix Super Markets.

Publix stands as one of the largest regional grocery chains in the United States. Its main competitors are national grocery chains Albertsons, IGA, Kroger, Save-a-Lot and Whole Foods; consolidated retail and warehouse chains, including Wal-Mart, Target, Kmart, Costco and BJ's Wholesale Club; and several regional grocery chains, including BI-LO, Cub Foods, Fresh Market, Piggly Wiggly, Sweetbay and Winn-Dixie.

Publix's slogan is "Where Shopping is a Pleasure".

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Let's face it, the majority of this country is ridiculously ill-informed or just don't care to learn ANYTHING about what is really going on in the world, or who the major players really are. If i could, I would slap the Sh** out of every one of these people individually and instruct them to think OUTSIDE THE BOX. We live in a nation of morons, let's face it. Most of the people here are self-absorbed shallow morons who see little outside of their own little slice of "reality".

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Oh I completely agree! My father for example, is a hardcore right wing Republican who believes that any freedom of thought that challenges traditional thinking (that any ATS user would persay have) is the work of the devil. So--- I normally dont talk to him much. But while it is true that most people can prevent themselves from personal tragedy in the event that a depression occurs- it is most likely that the sheeple will herd in a direction of familiar chaos and panic will spread costing many unnecessary deaths.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Well I think that the violence is hitting everywhere right now. Our neighborhood was a wonderful place to raise a family just last year. Now we are having cars and homes broken into like 3 times a week now. It has gotten so bad that my hub came home last night with a 357 super mag for me to keep on my head board. That way when he leaves for work ( really early) I have it there with my 12 gauge to fend of any idiot who thinks I am asleep.
( I have insomnia, personally I think I just got to used to being on a ranch...sleep 3-4 hours... start the day over again :lol
To be honest I wish we had never moved to town at least in the country you can see and hear them coming 1000 yards off it is so quiet.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Wow that really is bad. Im so sorry-- Im glad you have protection! I used to work for the NRA and I fully believe in a woman's rights to protect herself! Go girl!

new topics

top topics

join