It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO visits Hunt County — mysterious object seen by resident, deputies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Regards an above post that suggested that surely there would be some photographic evidence in this day and age , even if its shoddy camera phone work:
No not really. I know better than to take a picture of something that matters a damn, with a substandard camera. The difference between a old shoddy camera phone image, and no image at all is literaly nil. I recently had a sighting from my bedroom window, but my family and I cannot afford anything capable of taking anything other than ammusing snaps for parties and trips. We dont have anything that zooms, and the camera phone I have gives you squat at range. There would be no point, and I cant be the only pauper who has seen the light/lights/others.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm in Central Fla and I saw something similar last weekend too. I was walking my dog around 9:30 on Sat 3-07-09, looked to the East and saw a bright almost amber/orange colored light and same thing, got real bright for 45-60 seconds then dimmed down then bright again and moving slowly to the North. It did this for about 3 minutes then it was gone. There were no clouds and it didn't seem like there was alot of haze or anything similar that would have an affect on the brightness of the light. When the light was dim, I didn't see any kind of strobes like you see on wingtips. No green or red lights. The light looked like it was several (greater than 5) miles away. Like I said I was looking East and up at a 30-40 degree angle.
I went into the house and looked on Stellarium and didn't see anything rising that night in the area I was looking. And a planet or star wouldn't be moving slowly to the north. When it got bright, it got real bright, moreso than Venus, Sirius, Saturn, Betelgeuse or some of the other brighter night objects. Anyone else see something like that?

[edit on 3/11/09 by Chillidog1]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Chillidog1

Yeah but I live in the UK, and on the 8th of this month I saw several objects similar to what you describe. They were visible in groups of between three and seven ,and they were moving around up over the town centre (southend on sea, theres a thread somewhere... havent linked it because Im a technophobe and this is scary enough) they treated my mother , her friend and myself to about two hours of movement, alot of which was against the wind I might add . This resulted in two hours of "WTF is that ?" and "Oh my! " .

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
My wife and i saw another UFO last night inthe outback as well as a chemtrail, undera full moon.

we have seen so many that we certanily do not rush around and get a camera for evidence to impress people that we saw these things, anyone who sees them out here, is like, yeah, um ,, whatever...

What we do know is that we don't want them, as they are not good for us.

The UFO thingy will be revealed in a short time and of there is any advice to be given , it is run away... they are not good for us....

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RE2505
So many witnesses and not one picture? In this day and age there should at least be some rubbish camera phone footage?

I've never been able to witness a UFO but this is Exactly the reason I carry a camera in my truck at all times. It's not the latest or greatest but it's a digi with video capability and if I ever do see something, I'll at least be able to get a few seconds of footage of it so that people dont have to take my word for it.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth
Everything that happened in Stephenville-Dublin except the large rectangular craft (witnessed primarily by Rick Sorrells due to it repeatedly hovering over his property) could, at least conceivably, be a hoax.

Many people especially in more rural areas are more xenophobic, religious or religiously-influenced, ultraconservative types who would be more likely to spread disinfo about nonhumans; possibly in preparation of an alien false flag op.
[edit on 11-3-2009 by Lightworth]

You live in Austin so you should know that these places are NOT that remote. Now if they lived in the mountains of WV, then I'd be a little scepticle. but just because they're 30 miles outside of city limits doesnt really qualify them as being hillbilly's.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Yes! Also reminds me somewhat of the January, 2000 mass sighting that had several different counties of Police witnessing and reporting a GIANT craft:

dbarkertv.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I live in Lavon TX about 20-30 miles south of Greenville. My parents live in The Colony. I am looking forward to keeping a sharp eye out and captureing this on video if it presents it'self again. Documentation is key to all claims. If I catch it on video I'll definitely post it here so we can all see the truth.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex Plures-Unus

unveiling of the veil. I like it

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I live in south western Wyoming. 80% of the residents here have seen a UFO as have I. (I guess I live in a hot spot, which I have already posted about) The UFO described in this article is exactly what I / we've seen. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I didn't want to come in hooten and hollaring.. it's like big whoop... if you ever read what Steven Greer proposed to bill clinton in the "disclosure project", he has established a basis to slowly leak credible information so that not to "shock" all the lame ass ignorant retards we call skeptics... I do believe I see a reflection of this disclosure taking place, however this is a long process because if we all suddenly knew about this phenomena then the gov couldn't function as they are "in secret" so that they can play games with our money, minds and bodies.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I dont live to far from the Colony and the Hunt County area and I've heard nothing in the news Locally. The Stephenville area is also only about 90 mintues way. I'll keep an eye to the sky here although I'm directly under the TCA for for DFW and Alliance Airports.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chillidog1
I'm in Central Fla and I saw something similar last weekend too. I was walking my dog around 9:30 on Sat 3-07-09, looked to the East and saw a bright almost amber/orange colored light and same thing, got real bright for 45-60 seconds then dimmed down then bright again and moving slowly to the North. It did this for about 3 minutes then it was gone. There were no clouds and it didn't seem like there was alot of haze or anything similar that would have an affect on the brightness of the light. When the light was dim, I didn't see any kind of strobes like you see on wingtips. No green or red lights. The light looked like it was several (greater than 5) miles away. Like I said I was looking East and up at a 30-40 degree angle.
I went into the house and looked on Stellarium and didn't see anything rising that night in the area I was looking. And a planet or star wouldn't be moving slowly to the north. When it got bright, it got real bright, moreso than Venus, Sirius, Saturn, Betelgeuse or some of the other brighter night objects. Anyone else see something like that?

I saw this same thing last night. Reddish orange steady light in the sky, just a pin prick in the sky. It moved only slightly then disappeared. I observed this from at least 2 miles away so I can't say what it was and didn't look like any of the planes flying around with flashing strobes.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chillidog1
I'm in Central Fla and I saw something similar last weekend too. I was walking my dog around 9:30 on Sat 3-07-09, looked to the East and saw a bright almost amber/orange colored light and same thing, got real bright for 45-60 seconds then dimmed down then bright again and moving slowly to the North.
I went into the house and looked on Stellarium and didn't see anything

Hey I actually saw this also. I just got back from Apopka, FL (to the uk) on tues morning. On sat night in Florida there were a lot of stars out, it was a clear night and I pointed out a bright orange object to the wife and kids. They both looked up and said it was blinking at them as it faded in and out. I thought they were trying to communicate with us. I did try to take a pic on my Iphone but I couldnt get a view of it on the screen, and could hardly see the stars...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Friend of mine who lives in Wolfe City (a few miles from Webb Hill) told me about this a few days ago , did`nt know what to make of it. As soon as I saw it on ATS I realized my ex-girlfriends brother lives at Webb Hill so I`ve been trying to call him & can`t (busy) Called his sister & she told me she has`nt talked to him in a while, she thinks they`re having phone trouble but they`re not answering their cells. I will try to find out what`s happening. It`s probably nothing but it seems a better than usual chance something interesting could be going on . Will try to have something by tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth
Everything that happened in Stephenville-Dublin except the large rectangular craft (witnessed primarily by Rick Sorrells due to it repeatedly hovering over his property) could, at least conceivably, be a hoax. Perhaps that craft that was captured on radar (and studied by MUFON) wasn't expected. My theory, that I admit could be wrong, is:

Many people especially in more rural areas are more xenophobic, religious or religiously-influenced, ultraconservative types who would be more likely to spread disinfo about nonhumans; possibly in preparation of an alien false flag op. It's the old superstitious mentality of lying in order to "ward off the evil spirits."

I'm most often (though not always) disinclined to believe stories where the witnesses aren't very demonstrably gung ho about testifying in court AND taking a polygraph concerning their accounts. News of that magnitude should ignite enough of a fire in the belly... I'm not outright saying the Stephenville and now Hunt County stories are hoaxes.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Lightworth]

I have NEVER read such tripe before on ATS regarding your theory.

You should do a little more research before you take an opportunity to bash so-called Conservatives...or so called xenophobic rural inhabitants.

Sheesh....already!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
Unveiling of the veil? I can't figure out if that's self-contradictory or redundant!

Neither.

It is the same as saying to untangle the tangle or unhook the hook.

I know what you mean though, I believe something big is on the way. I doubt very much it's going to be a revelation of the truth. Personally, I don't really care. I know these people won't give us the truth unless they have another choice, but as long as they admit the existence of extraterrestrial intelligences that will be enough for me.

The only truth you can rely on is that which your own eyes show you. Not thoughts, not imagination, not what agent jack and his peers say; but tactile at best, tangible at worst, solid evidence.

What any future disclosure means, is more confusion so as to make conspiracies out of wafer thin ideas.

Fear, undertainty and doubt. FUD. thats all you can expect.

NO way any govt. agency will go "Hey, we've being pulling these things apart for donkeys years, lets just go and tell joe teatowell all about it, and ruin our own lives. He deserves to know the truth, ya know!" - Even if they don't know what they're working on.

Jobs lost, political positions lost, $$$ lost..

We'll still be watching glowing dots in the sky not moving or twittering along randomly in 2021. No FUD.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle
Neither.

It is the same as saying to untangle the tangle or unhook the hook.

I hate to break it to you, but both of those phrases are also redundant. If you can just say 'unveil' 'untangle' or 'unhook' then the additions are redundant.

Sorry for the OT post.

EDIT: I have to add:
(and sorry if this is more OT, but at least it's related to aliens)

disclosure of the truth, or the unveiling of the veil,

As Ex-Plures inferred said unveiling to be the opposite to the revelation of truth, it's fair to say that it's somewhat self-contradictory. To unveil, only to reveal another veil, is not really an unveiling, it's simply a re-veiling. Which is what I think will happen. But if it gives me a shot at getting off this god-forsaken planet (which ET disclosure in any way, shape or form will most likely bring about) then I'll be happy

[edit on 12-3-2009 by TheStev]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join