It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High-Profile Arizona Sheriff's Department Target of Federal Probe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

High-Profile Arizona Sheriff's Department Target of Federal Probe

www.foxnews.com

Federal authorities have told a high-profile Arizona sheriff that they will investigate his department over allegations of discriminatory practices and unconstitutional searches and seizures.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Here we go again everyone. Investigating the people that are trying to keep illegal immigrants out of the country. This is a dispicable story. Every chance democrats get, they throw in the race card. This is no different. They claim it is racial profiling. is it my fault that mexicans are the main source of illegal immigration? nope it is the federal governments fault for not enforcing border laws and letting everyone into the country.

the best thing that ever happened to us was the stock market going down almost 50% because now many of these criminals are now going right back south of the border. good stay there, no one wants you.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I have long heard about people that were moving across country from calif to the southeast states and people that would travel to AZ in the winter from other states having the rental moving trucks and motor homes searched without cause.
There have been cases where the cops in that part of AZ have stopped rental moving trucks and taken everything out of the truck then drove off when they did not find anything and left the people along the highway to repack there property in the middle of the night or in the hot sun in summer.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I don't get it. The sheriff's department is out looking for illegal Mexicans, so it would make sense to target Latinos, rather than blacks or whites. I guess good police work is now called 'racial profiling.'

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Know this about Sheriff Joe, he gets thousands of letters from the silent majority to keep doing what he does. The left wing pissant media outlets here in Phoenix, demonize him because he enforces the LAW.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by solarstorm]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
I don't get it. The sheriff's department is out looking for illegal Mexicans, so it would make sense to target Latinos, rather than blacks or whites. I guess good police work is now called 'racial profiling.'

It's a bad thing now for those enforcing a law to look for those that more likely to be one of the illegals that is engaging in the wrong doing. I used to get pulled over as a teen for driving a POS car and having long hair. They just knew I was a pothead. Was it profiling? Sure it was. Because many of the pot heads then drove POS cars and had long hair. They found that if they did that they were more likely to to catch pot heads enjoying their favorite habit. It was never seen as a bad thing. That was because most of them were WASPS. Once you start targeting another group that might not be in that category it's a problem.

I still get pulled over sometimes. I drive a 4x4 truck that is not all pretty and new looking. I am out in the early morning hours a lot (to pick my wife up at work..she don't like to drive). It don't bother me being I have nothing to hide and there are people out during these hours driving drunk or otherwise impaired. I am not and have nothing to hide. So it's not a big deal. If I was to complain I'd just be some whiny redneck white guy anyway.

If you're in an area where you fit a common profile of something that is going on illegal. you should really expect it. If the end result is getting illegal people off the street then it's a small price to pay.

[edit on 3/11/2009 by DrumJunkie]

[edit on 3/11/2009 by DrumJunkie]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I have long heard about people that were moving across country from calif to the southeast states and people that would travel to AZ in the winter from other states having the rental moving trucks and motor homes searched without cause.
There have been cases where the cops in that part of AZ have stopped rental moving trucks and taken everything out of the truck then drove off when they did not find anything and left the people along the highway to repack there property in the middle of the night or in the hot sun in summer.

You can thank people using trucks like that to move illegals and drugs into the country. If it keeps even one ounce of drugs or one illegal from getting here then all I can say is. Carry on.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This seems to be a trend that is getting worse.
As it stands now there have been 3 news post here about citys and counties that are doing this.
I am glad they are investigating as they tell us if you have not done anything wrong then you should not worry about the search!

This is a crack down that we need as there are departments that are breaking the law and using people and taking there personal property.
I have to wonder how much money they have made off people who have done nothing but drive across there City or county.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

I hear you and I love Sheriff Joe. When you are hunting bears, you go where the bears and you shoot bears. Plain and simple.

He is consistently castigated by the local press and the elites in Phoenix. Phoenix is a classic city where the elites live in Scottsdale and don't have a clue about what is going on in much of the city.

I love to go to Phoenix and see the chain gangs and also drive by the tent prison in the 100+ heat. The funniest thing was when the feminists became outraged because he had female chain gangs. All for equality, but against the female chain gang when the men have been working in chain gangs for ever?

Go Joe!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Twenty years ago, we almost had our rv searched at the Canadian crossing at night, until the two boys poked their sleepy faces out the window, then we were allowed to proceed into Canada.
Ten years ago, same thing happened in Ketchikan, after debarking from the ferry at midnight. So I can sympathize with the Snowbirds.

This doesn't sound too good

Arpaio, a Republican, has also been criticized for letting thousands of felony warrants go unserved while he chased illegal immigrants.

According to the Arizona Department of Public Safety, there are about 59,000 outstanding, unserved felony warrants in the state. The majority are in Maricopa County, the state's most populated county.

I don't mind what he does legally to criminals in his custody, but he had better be rounding up those criminals by serving those felony warrants!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I HATE that guy and hope they nail the busturd to the wall! Incarceration is punishment, HUMILIATION is criminal. I hope they find all kinds of illegal things this idiot has done and he gets to languish in a tent with pink underwear in the desert heat. That would be wonderful and justice. Feel free to flame me if you choose, but this man is a caveman and should never be part of any justice system.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Well maybe if people still had the balls to stand up for their rights, they wouldn't be in the situation. The back compartment is just like the trunk. Lock that up and they can't look without a warrant. Carry a camera and document who stops you and the length of detainment. If they search without a warrant, games up, violation of your constitutional rights, you can have their badge if you have the balls to pursue it. If not, set up websites with your video and make sure the officer's name, department, and badge number are on the page to help with finding it via google.

Once there is the shadow of the doubt that compromises that officer's integrity, any defense attorney will pounce on that in a criminal case. It may help people down the road just by making it so that anything that the officer touches is compromised in the eyes of a jury due to his previous clear and blatant disregard for the rights of citizens. The officer will likely be re-assigned as there is no point in having him on the road if there is proof that he has lied before, because everything he does is now subject to suspicion.

Read this. Then go read the cases mentioned. If you are illegally detained, you have a right to resist, and as an American, I see a duty to resist, because you are defending the constitution against a domestic enemy of it.
www.constitution.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This country has been taken over by illegals, now that they have pull and crocks that will do the job for them, the criminal and corrupted Federal government is going after those that are just doing their job.

Taking into consideration the drug war going on, on the borders of this states it doesn't take a genius to figure out who are the people that the corrupted federal government is protecting.

Those drugs cartel and their killing methods are very good business indeed for those that back them off.

I am amazed of what my country has become.

And I am also a Latino woman so take that to the bank and speared me the poor illegal people rhetoric.

Mkiii Americans not longer had the balls to take care of theri own, they rather depend on the corrupted federal government to do the job that is actually the job of the State.

The Federal government will lose its powers if the states will reverse back to the Republic, but states are like whores in Washignton when the money bribe comes around they just parade themselves to the higest pimps, in this case the Federal government and their funding.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I've moved a lot between Houston and the North East and gotten my rental truck searched three times. Twice in Arkansas and once in Tennesee.
All three times were because they were in high drug traffic routes.
It is not limited to Arizona.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Left, Right, Liberal, Conservative; all meaningless epitaphs designed to separate us from logic.

Break the paradigm, forget the labels, the issue exists regardless of one's "leanings".

In a world where I may have to strip to prove I should be allowed to fly 300 miles to a business meeting, diligent enforcement of immigration law should be more than expected, it should be demanded.

I don't know how you 'profile' a rental vehicle, or an unmarked tractor trailer hauling 'cargo' over the country's border. Seems like someone is arguing about the forest and ignoring the trees.

I can't simply walk into another country and get work, why can they?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
We need to wise up in this country. Sheriff Joe is a hero and his department is proactive and producing results. He is re-elected by his peers and all the whining of the open borders advocates isn't going to do anything but up his creds with the locals that are on the front lines of this invasion. When the Mexican Drug Cartels over run our Border Patrols the whiners can take the credit. The Mexican government is on the verge of collapse and when that happens the flood of illegals will be unstoppable. Get you wallets out, the US government will have us all paying for the result.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Those are called " CONSENT SEARCHES " and are perfectly legal. Tell the cop NO you can NOT search my vehicle without a warrant and guess what???? They can not search it. The problem is not the police, they make their budgets larger off the morons who willingly give up their Rights and most do it, just watch COPS on TV and see.

This problem arose in St. Cloud Minnesota my childhood hometown when a bunch of asian and sudanese immigrants arrived and were allowing searches because they didn't understand they had the RIGHT to say no to the search. They fixed that problem in St. Cloud by a new rule. Everyone must be given a card that says in several languages that they do not have to consent to a search and that a non consent could not be retaliated against by the officers. The newest report on this rule says that consent searches dropped over 90% when people were told that they could tell a cop NO to a vehicle search.

Morons don't know their Rights, give them up freely and then whine about their Rights being broken, I don't want to hear it quite frankly.

TELL THEM NO and ask if you are FREE TO GO? If they do not let you go it becomes an arrest and an arrest without cause is a nono for cops and they don't do it unless the City wants to pay out millions for false imprisonment. A guy here in Colorado just won 1 million settlement over this very issue of false arrest.

Link to ST. Cloud Police card they must hand out to all traffic stops

They are looking for MONEY to SEIZE not color of skin and every moron that says yes to a consent search, whether you have something to hide or not, HURTS ALL OF US...

WAKE UP AMERICA, KNOW YOUR RIGHTS, AND QUIT WHINING WHEN YOU GIVE THEM UP.

The only time I know a cop can search a vehicle is certain states like California where they can inspect for plants and such to protect from pests like tse-tse flies from coming into their state. Also any vehicle for HIRE can be stopped by DOT and fall under it's jurisdiction. Any private movement in a private vehicle IS NOT a consent to search...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by stevegmu

I hear you and I love Sheriff Joe. When you are hunting bears, you go where the bears and you shoot bears. Plain and simple.

He is consistently castigated by the local press and the elites in Phoenix. Phoenix is a classic city where the elites live in Scottsdale and don't have a clue about what is going on in much of the city.

I love to go to Phoenix and see the chain gangs and also drive by the tent prison in the 100+ heat. The funniest thing was when the feminists became outraged because he had female chain gangs. All for equality, but against the female chain gang when the men have been working in chain gangs for ever?

Go Joe!

i live in scottsdale and i agree people here are idiots haha. good thing i own my own weapons because these people wouldnt know how to aim them.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Wow that didn't take the Obama administration long. But c'mon be fair, Obama and the Dems have to support illegals and their illegal activities (illegal illegal illegal) otherwise they'll lose some minority vote.

Did I mention ILLEGAL.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join