It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Soca Fans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Seeing as that guys reggae thread was a success;
Are there any soca fans out ther on ATS. Come on , some of you must listen to Rupee, Destra, Machel etc.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
i like soca, but i dig reggae more.
besides me and the bandit, (he'll probably respond to this thread when he see it) I don't know if there is anyone else.

still can't kevin little song off my mind
and machel...fishy fishy comes to mind

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I SING SOCA!!!

Used to participate in the annual roadmarch contest when I was a kid and won the crown twice too!!!

I competed this year again after being on retirement for 12 years. Soca is my life and my love and I would love to see it hit mainstream, which shouldn't be too far in the future..,

Soca and zouk is amoung the sweetest, more beautiful music in the world!!!

I like the oldies like, Sparrow, Super Blue, Gypsy, Shadow, Winston Soso, Kitchener, David Rudder, Burning flames, Crazy...

All up to the ones from now like those from my island, Aruba. And from the other islands like Hartatak, Square One with Allison Hinds, Krosfyah, Rupee, Kevin Little, Destra, Sanelle Dempster, King Beau Beau (st Maarten SXM), JAMBAND!!!(st Thomas), Mighty Greg (SXM), X-Tatic, Atlantik, Super P, TC, ...

Luv 'em luv 'em luv 'em!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Check out my post in this thread...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
And check out this site!!! I found it recently... The owners are from SXM (St Maarten)...

www.smallislandmassive.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I agree with what you say about how reggae/dancehall has gone mainstream, and soca should soon. Turn Me On was a really big tune in the charts, and I expect Tempted To Touch will have similar, if not greater success. I can really see Rupee infiltrating the teen market with that tune. I think Destra could probably make it big too.

BTW, any of yous know where I can find Firestorm by De Fosto online (preferably mp3/listen online etc.) I've been lookin for that tune since panorama 2001. (I play pan too)

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Hmmm.... Don't know them. Maybe you can find them on Kazaa.

Btw... My father used to be a drummer in a steelband. (the steelbands here a lot smaller than in Trini)

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
nice link bandit

btw rupee is getting major airplay in South Florida, they play "tempted to touch" and turn me on" at least once every two hours, back to back.

and both guys are supposed to be in town this weekend for some show...you know with our Memorial day weekend coming up...lots of parties and shows all over da place.

there's a flag party i want to go to next friday.... get yo flag and wave

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I saw Kevin Lyttle twice on Mtv2 a few days ago. We breakin thru look out people!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
they are even giving his new version of his video airplay on BET
big things a gwan this year!!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Heh, WW, you were wrong.

The Miggy Maestro loves all kinds of music!* I just heard soca when my local radio station played that Kevin Little song. I've got that Ruppe song Temted to Touch stuck in my head, right now.

*Excluding Classical and Country/Western

top topics

join