It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was Jesus doing from age twelve to twenty nine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Nah, from the age of 12 to 29, Jesus was right here posting on ATS ! To the guy who thinks that man should not try and find his own path and that earth nowadays tends to prove that... RIIIIIGHT ! You mean earth where 75 % of the planet follows a religious doctrine of some sort ?

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Ismail]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Why is it so hard for us to grasp the idea of Jesus!

Nr1. It is because we are used to physical and real picture facts. We are not just used to It!!! We demand it as the only source of truth. A mans word or written word is not worth a dime as evidence to a single man. Each man has to see and evaluate the physical facts for them self. If i saw a UFO no one would ever believe me unless i had a picture to prove it. And that picture has to be really good or no one would believe that either. Because i dont have a Doctor degree or a VIP name and a fat bank account behind my name to back up my words.

Jesus did prove to the people back then who he really was. That was facts good enough for them they knew what they saw. They even wrote it down as evidence for others to know.They discussed Jesus at very high levels of politics. They even made art out of it. Just like we write down, take pictures and make sketches of evidence to day.

Jesus lived a long time ago. They had no cameras or mics to record anything. But it would be cool if Mary had a diary of her life before and after Jesus was borne. And that it wasn't hidden from the public in the Vatican. Because if there is such a thing it would be there.

But again if there was a diary how would we prove it was Mary's and not a fake?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloman Kane
Was he doing carpentry or studying with rabbis or was he married having kids .As a rabbi he should be married and men in their culture should get married young. and did he do a nazarite vow?

All of the above. He may even have travelled to the far east like some claim referring to Indian records.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Yes ok but your forgetting the huge credibility gap

Perhaps its because “plato or nebuchanezzer or ramses” never clamed to be the son of god or god or whatever it is we are asked to believe

For example if it was written that plato wore a blue shirt with a big yellow P on the front and he could leap tall buildings in a single bound, then it would be safe to assume that plato was a character in a story.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566
but when it comes to jesus, and a story that implies that each of us are personally responsible for the lives we lead, well, suddenly there is no proof.

Ah, my favorite fool is at it again! So Jesus taught human kind what has been obvious since the first strains of amobae gained conciousness? Get real. And according to what I have learned from you, Saul Paulus' words weigh heavier than Jesju's, since Jesju died, and thereby the Law died with him
And that we are all dead anyway, so we could do whatever we want, being without laws or a possibility to evade the second death. Caummowne! Unless you missed it Jesju preached the Law of Mosjeh all his days and battled the Talmud just as long, saying that heaven and earth would cease to exist before a single letter of the Law of Mosjeh would fall out of effect. And he also said that unless we were by far more righteous than the Pharicees, we would have no chance in this world.

However, I am not circumcised and am under a different law, I have chosen the first encouragement (to have loads of sex and get as many children as possible) and the first law God gave us (the legal right to eat (atleast) every (green) plant with seeds or with fruits bearing seeds). But since I love the Law of Mosjeh for what it represents it is always on my mind.

But if we forget that Cain was pardoned for murder by the same God who later made a prohibition about, and how God pardoned Abraham for lying allthough the same God prohibited this later.... Unless we see that any crime can be pardoned or forgiven given the right circumstances, cause and effect, unless we gain God's kind of rightiousness, how can we defend any law? Life isnot black and white, there are billions of shades and colours in between and beyond.

[edit on 11/3/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well, if the ol' boy was anything like most of the rest of us men, he was chasing tail.

I'm off to confession now.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
Well, if the ol' boy was anything like most of the rest of us men, he was chasing tail.

I'm off to confession now.

Well, ofcourse he was, though like a good son of a rightious teacher he would probably follow his dad's advise, meaning he would chase a certain tail preordained by his and her families. He would have sex with her and have children with her, build their house and then confirm his love one year later when the first child was born and the house was built. Just see how great he is in his second wedding at Cainah and how proud he is when strangers call him Rabbi and how he proudly shows them around his and Miriam's newly built mansion. My God!! He was a Maine!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by cathedral
For example if it was written that plato wore a blue shirt with a big yellow P on the front and he could leap tall buildings in a single bound, then it would be safe to assume that plato was a character in a story.

ok, but jumping plato didnt create a stir that can even be felt today.

yes, stories of jesus walking on water are fantastic and unbelievable. but if they were fake, then how could it have convinced the apostles and first disciples so thoroughly. these fantastic unbelievable miracles werent just limited to jesus and the apostles. several books point out that many christians at that particular time worked miracles. and not silly small miracles, but big ones, like healing people of diseases that faith healers today wouldnt touch.

it was convincing enough that people put faith in this. i know you thinking "big deal" but actually it is. even if you look at followers of buddha or Mohammed, they are following a real person. it hard to imagine their religions being so strongly followed had they had been fake.

even if you look at the secular evidence. we have scrolls of mark and john that are dated back to 65 AD. (which by the way have been compared to today's texts and have been found to have little changes)

this meant that some 30 years after this supposed jesus died, people were able to read about him. and it wasnt like the christians were just preaching outside of isreal. they preached right in jerusalem where some key parts of the story occur. alot of these people would have heard of jesus if he was there.

likely, if jesus didnt exist or the stories of him were greatly exagerated, the christian sect would not have taken off. and likely at the first sign of persecution, it would not have endured. but it did.

i hate to bring this up, but it reminds me of the holocaust deniers. yes i personally was not there. however we have testimony and accounts from survivors. even in the face of those who try to wipe out that page in history, it prevails. why? because it was true.

to simply mark jesus' story as "fake" is to simply ignore testimony to the contrary.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

yes, stories of jesus walking on water are fantastic and unbelievable.

No they are not, but you make them fantastic since you are so gullible. I have walked on water many times. You seem to forget historic evidence that the sea of Galilee actually frose over during winter back then. Nothing miraculous at all. And healing sick people doesn't involve miracles unless you are a stoneager who has never seen it before. Cheating death is neither miraculous and neither were any of the things Jesju is credited for.

Why are you and your fellow fools contineously making the Gospel impossible to preach for other people than fools like yourselves? Firstly mother Mary was a virgin (!) secondly Jesju was born outside in the middle of winter when temperatures dropped below zero celcius, during a census that never occured, he never married, he was killed, and you still preach him to be alive?!?!?! Have you ever wondered why no sensible person believes your crap?

According to the astronomical and astrological referances given and Torah-parasha mentioned, Jesju was born during spring, or early summer year 6 BC by a woman born in Virgo. He had a spouse, had children and a house and was called rabbi. Longinus saved his life when he was nearly killed by the hands of the priest whose son Jesus accidentally killed as a child and so on. You wouldn't figure out of a riddle if the solution was given in advance.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

I get the feeling you might have missed my point – so

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof
And the proofs I have seen so far amount to nothing.

Looking over your reply – you seem to be saying that because a lot of people believe it, it must be true.
I suggest you look into the methods of the early church and the lengths they went to, to establish christianity – its not pretty.

And lumping people who aren’t persuaded by your beliefs in with holocaust deniers is very shabby.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

I don't see a problem with her believing so strongly in scripture or Jesus. No point in attacking her faith with your condescending remarks. It's perfectly fine to disagree with someone and still display some class.

To miriam:

In regards to the miracles that were performed by Jesus and Christians. Would it not be possible that someone like David Copperfield would be considered a God back then? Someone who is really good at illusion claiming to be the Son of God back in a time when scientific investigation as we know it did not exist.

edit to add: I remember watching David Blane do his street magic in Jamaica (I think it was jamaica) Most people thought he was some sort of sorceror.. You think if he said he was the descendant of their God they would take him seriously?

[edit on 11-3-2009 by ExistenceUnknown]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail
Nah, from the age of 12 to 29, Jesus was right here posting on ATS ! To the guy who thinks that man should not try and find his own path and that earth nowadays tends to prove that... RIIIIIGHT ! You mean earth where 75 % of the planet follows a religious doctrine of some sort ?

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Ismail]

Actually, this satanic figurine was not only here on ats posting, but has been doing many other things since 'his' invention: whatever the foul believers imagined in their empty, mindless minds.

You know, torture, abuse, practice of greed in the name of love:
('what's your's, is mine, in jesu's name....let us prey').

C'mon, what was any contrived character doing from 12-29...whatever the owner of the imagination could!

Pathetic, overbearing ignorance.

Who believe's in BS, the god? And they all go: "I do! do-doo, doo-doo, doo-doo."

The usa largest religion is catholicism, every one of them so pathetically stupid and superstitious they still believe in satan claus and jesu. Time to throw the x-mas tree out, grow up, balance the brain, and seek the Truth.

Oh, don't say that, they'll just invent another figurine-figurette, and start wondering what they did from 12-29. Gotta get those x-mas presents, celebrate Truth.

Hey, wanna buy a ticket ot heaven? Priest bob and pastor john got 'em going cheap.! About time we got a good deal on salvation; this world is tough!

In jesu's name....er...satan's...er...satan claus.

Pathetic idolatry.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-3-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
During that missing time period, one key factor happened - he discovered his identity. At some point in those missing years, he would have discovered he was the son of god, either through heavenly conversation with god, through self-discovery or through some other method. Apart from his birth and dying, this would be a paramount moment in his life - yet there is no record of this found in the bible.

If he knew early on in his life (let's say the temple incident), then many years were wasted with inactivity until he reached the age where he started his teachings/ministry. If you discovered you were the son of god, why would you wait around for 10-15 years until you thought the time was right? If he learned later in life, then those missing years would have been served living a life of any average human. This would likely lead to the traditions and activities typical of that aged person - and with marriage being a key tradition, one could not rule this out as a possibility.

Those missing years have a vital purpose in his future teachings - you cannot just wake up one day, discover a grand revelation and just sweep it under the carpet. But yet, that is what happened according to the bible story.

The gospels likely started at his later age because that was when he became a public figure. That is when he stepped from the shadows of a mere carpenter and made his presence known. Those around him started documenting him, because he became that public figure - and those same people were not surrounding him when he was younger.

Personally, I think this was a gap that needed to be filled in because it was vitally important for that single revelation. With that missing, one just has to have faith that it happened and accept it (like much of the bible's teaching). But, in my opinion, that revelation is where his story should have begun.

So what was he doing during those missing years - either he knew he was the son of god and chose to keep it secret from the world (if so, probably due to physical age) or he was living his life as an average human, likely as the carpenter he is documented as being.

Just a few thoughts from someone of absolutely no religious mindset whatsoever...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Can someone answer a question that I've always had?

Why would Jesus have to travel anywhere to learn anything??

You're the Son of God for Pete's sake. You would think the guy could hit the ground running with his inside track on the knowledge that God has. Why wait so long to get started? Why would he have to travel at all? Why not just say, "Hey Dad what's the deal with this or that".

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
After these brains put away their barbie and kens, they grow up and take up jesu and the 'virgin' figurines and figurettes. It's comforting, believing in a composite fairy tale, and never a shred of historical evidence...

Anything to avoid the light of Truth, when you can play boss-cash-collector man and feed 'em the light of illusion. The mindless luv a shiney lure, even if it's nothing but empty treble hooks.

"...and then he went to..."

Can't find the Light, so they pay someone to invent it, then swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Straight out of the evolutional cauldron.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I am almost forty and was raised catholic. I too recall these stories as a child. Here is a link to a sermon giving a few months ago from a Presbyterian minister:

www.wallpc.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
but you make them fantastic since you are so gullible.

that makes no sense.

I have walked on water many times. You seem to forget historic evidence that the sea of Galilee actually frose over during winter back then. Nothing miraculous at all.

yes, im sure that his disciples were in a boat, frozen, in the middle of the sea. and were amazed that jesus was able to walk out to them

And healing sick people doesn't involve miracles unless you are a stoneager who has never seen it before.

so people get instantly healed from things like blindness or paralysis today? you just wander into a hospital and "pop" there you go? oh wait, hold on, we dont have a cure for those thing now.

Why are you and your fellow fools contineously making the Gospel impossible to preach for other people than fools like yourselves?

play nice...

Firstly mother Mary was a virgin (!)

yes, which was the point. he was the son of god.

secondly Jesju was born outside in the middle of winter when temperatures dropped below zero celcius,

bible doesnt say that. the shepards were outdoors so likely he was born some time in the early autumn

during a census that never occured,

"So Archelaus' country was laid to the province of Syria; and Cyrenius, one that had been consul, was sent by Caesar to take account of people's effects in Syria, and to sell the house of Archelaus."1 - Josephus 17.13.5 of The Antiquity of the Jews

he never married

lots of people never marry

he was killed

lots of people get killed lol

and you still preach him to be alive?!?!?! Have you ever wondered why no sensible person believes your crap?

sensible people? the same "sensible" people that tell me this world is getting better and not worse? the same sensible people that tell me god is impossible but in the same breath tell me that life magically assembled itself? does this include the sensible people that tell me what the bible says even though they have never read a page of it in their life?

You wouldn't figure out of a riddle if the solution was given in advance.

yes, youve proved you intellectual superiority in the other thread when you explained how jesus could survive his ordeal

you know what it is neo, you complicate things. you take a simple passage and there just has to be this hidden truth. something that we missed. and its all perfectly logical to you. you spend so much time looking at the strokes and how they are presented that you forget what the picture is.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is actually a very interesting question.

First, it would have been very rare for a man to have not married in his culture. So, I believe that he was married but this has been removed from stories about Jesus, or it was just not deemed important enough to include.

Second, his friends and relatives certainly knew how he had grown up and what he did during this period of his life. So, once again, when people wrote down the stories of Jesus this information was either intentionally left out or it was just not considered important enough to include.

Personally, I think that Jesus was quite the radical. I think that he was encouraging a personal relationship with God rather than relying on the priesthood to be an intermediary in your relationship with God. If you cut the priests out, they lose a lot of power.

So, when the stories about Jesus were written down, I think that men made decisions about what to include and what to exclude. I think some of the stories are not completely correct and I suspect that this was to bring power back to the churches.

In case you haven't figured it out from my post I have great doubts about organized religions to accurately pass the message along to the following generations without including their own messages (like you can only go to heaven if you believe the exact things that we believe)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cathedral
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof
And the proofs I have seen so far amount to nothing.

what would you consider extraordinary proof?

those resurrected by jesus died again.
those who were healed eventually died too.
those who witnessed jesus' live did write about it.

what exactly do you feel would prove it too you?

Looking over your reply – you seem to be saying that because a lot of people believe it, it must be true.

no, thats not what im saying. im christian, as such i dont believe buddha or mohammed to be true prophets. however i noted that they do have a following.

i know the word sheeple gets thrown around alot, but you have to remember, people back then believed the religion you were raised in. especially the jews of that time. for another religion to come along and actually preach and to say to people to change was unheard of in that time.

im saying that the fact that it even took off is a strong testament that jesus was a real person in of itself.

I suggest you look into the methods of the early church and the lengths they went to, to establish christianity – its not pretty.

things did not get ugly until after the first century and even then, it didnt really get bad until the 4th.

And lumping people who aren’t persuaded by your beliefs in with holocaust deniers is very shabby.

im not lumping people who arent persuaded by my beliefs. im lumping people who denied that jesus ever existed.

im doing this because it requires the same mindset to make that claim. its a way of thinking. you have something that was unquestioned for nearly 1800 years, then suddenly someone says "hey, jesus might not have ever existed".

its the denying of something that is inconvenient to accept.

if you dont believe or follow the bible, thats your choice. but to say that jesus might not have ever existed is pointless. why would you even care? some do care because its something they wish would go away.

you might not understand because maybe it really is inconsequential to you. but for some that are bitter towards past faiths, they seem to be the ones who argue this passionately

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Where was Jesus between those ages??
He was in a gang that was bad.Later on in life when he realized this they changed their name.
No longer were they to be known as Big J And The Boys.They started calling themselves Jesus and the disciples.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join