It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was Jesus doing from age twelve to twenty nine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Others believe he traveled into Mexico and hung out with the Mayans/Aztecs.
What's the name of the bearded white man they describe?
Machu Pichu or something like that.
That would be Quetzalcoatl.
Yes, Mormons have been speaking of that.

Machu Picchu is yet another ancient city, this one in Peru (South America), that defies scientific explanation as to how it was built.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I don't think you can claim the man Jesus wasn't real, if so why is their no evidence from the time Christianity started stating that he never existed as opposed to simply trying to denounce him as a madman and a liar.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

No evidence? thats kind of like what we are talking about here.. no evidence of a timeframe of his life.

Why wouldn't there be? Oh wait.. because when writing a fictional story.. you leave out the boring parts that would not pertain to the "message".

IF the man was real, why no continuing story of his life? Wouldn't the disciples want to know everything about the man. It is hard to KNOW a man, truly know a man, without knowing his past.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'm not suggesting the story presented to you isn't real.

However there most likely was a cult leader who became the figure now known as Jesus through martyrdom at the hands of the religious and political leaders of the region (i.e. the romans and the pharisees) otherwise it would have been a lot easier to keep the cult suppressed when it started.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
When the Romans needed a cross so they could crucify someone, who would they order to build Cross?
I don't think it was local Stone Mason, oh right they worked bottom end after up, it must of been local Carpenter.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

As an Atheist (boohoo, the zombie Infidel "attack" post follows, lol) I have deep respect for the Jesus character, him being real or not, regardless, he is a great example more should look up to

Of course, some followers of his, can be pain in the rear sometimes, lol, but that is not the point of this thread...

Missing time in the life of Jesus is the theme.

Alien abduction anybody?

Did Grays actually gave Jesus some higher education ?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Glen Kimbal discovered through another scholar some writing that were like the Dead Sea Scrolls but different.

Can somebody help me? It was on coattocoastam in the late 90s early 00s. He found Christ was from a well-off family, and then there was a discussion Jesus had with Pilate after the resurrection.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

The Kolbrin Bible? The Bronze Book?
There's something else book "The hidden Stories of the Chilhood of Jesus"

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

(googlegooglegoogleGlennKimballgooglegooglegoogle)

How's this?

Was Jesus really a poor Carpenter? (No. He came from the heirs to the throne of David who were extremely rich. Later in His life his guardian father, Joseph of Arimathea, was the third wealthiest man in the ancient world)

source

[edit on 11-3-2009 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
i think during this time he bacame much less popular than earlier in his career, so he appeared in a season of im a celebrity get me out of here, then done a stint at celebrity big brother, and even tried a music career, but to no avail.

various stars are still trying the same thing even today

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

That's good, and this from that link...

The "Hidden Story of the Childhood of Jesus" comes directly from the records written by Jesus' two brothers. They were included in the body of documents called the "Only Rule of Our Faith", which was the original Bible before the Bible.

I am still reading, but I wonder how much credibility these "manuscripts" outside of the Bible, 84 books in all, are indeed authentic.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloman Kane
Was he doing carpentry or studying with rabbis or was he married having kids .As a rabbi he should be married and men in their culture should get married young. and did he do a nazarite vow?

He went to India after puberty to learn to awaken his Kundalini

then he professedly came and returned his practices...

or was his life merely the symbolic composite of what any man should do to physiologically and spiritually grow into god-man.

see the new movie "jesus in india"

-

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

There are so many books and stories of young Jesus it's hard to know what is real. Like the story of him walking and talking right after birth.

I have read Jesus grew up as a Essene, with John the Baptist, Mary Magdelen.
I'm pretty sure the Essenes shared, and were a more conservative group within the Jewish Religion.
There is group of Essenes in England now, another group in Brazil, they have planted fruit up the side mountain, staring with tropical at sea level, apple, peaches, pears, so on at higer altitudes.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
I love claims with no proof. Oh wait... there can never be any proof that this is legit. Convenient isn't it?

its interesting how people like plato or nebuchanezzer or ramses are never contested. the only evidence of them is in stuff that was written, sometimes only having copy's 100's of years after they lived (see plato). yet noone says noone says there is no "proof"

but when it comes to jesus, and a story that implies that each of us are personally responsible for the lives we lead, well, suddenly there is no proof.

convenient isnt it?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I saw a documentary on this very subject, last year on history channel...but it was moreso, what was jesus doig between ages 9 and 29? Thier are 4 books i heard of.. 1) Jubilee, 2) The gospel pf Nicodemus, 3)The Apocolypse of Paul, and 4) The gospel of thomas... i reality, these are supposed to be the misisng pages of the new testament.. for example...Cane murders his borther, Able, then later marys a woman..who is the woman,a nd why didnt the bibel mention her? Its speculated, he married his sister. I forget teh guys names, but when the bible was redone, the new tetamant, it was knida like putting the best of the bible together, NOT everything.
Thier is a few storys, i remember hearing from my mom, when i was a kid, and in sunday school, as a kid. When JEsus was about 9 years old, he and his friend were playing, is friend was on a roof of a house. His friend fell and died..all the people their hathered around, and said, jesus how can yuo do such a thing? why? why did yuo kill him? Jesus answers, why dont yuo ask him yourself..and jesus was able to raise his frineds body, almsot magically, and bring him back to life. EVERYONE starred in awe.
Another story is, one day, jesus made a mud or clay sparrow, from the Jordon river...his parents saw it, and made a fuss, becuae it was illelgal to do such a thing..so jesus claps his hands, and the clay sparrow turned into a real bird and flew out the window! Their another story, when jesus was 27 or 29? I forget, he and his father one day were working on a boat...and is father mis measured a baord of wood, it was too short. So jesus came over, and used his arm and hand, and magically extended the board to fit the boat.
I thnk thier from the gospel of Thomas..but im not sure, try googling them in. ON the history channel, trying to understand the young jesus, they knida think he was atypical boy, mischevous in his own ways, but made good of it when it bad..something to that degree.
Hope this helps shed some light on things

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

I love claims with no proof. Oh wait... there can never be any proof that this is legit. Convenient isn't it?

its interesting how people like plato or nebuchanezzer or ramses are never contested. the only evidence of them is in stuff that was written, sometimes only having copy's 100's of years after they lived (see plato). yet noone says noone says there is no "proof"

but when it comes to jesus, and a story that implies that each of us are personally responsible for the lives we lead, well, suddenly there is no proof.

convenient isnt it?

Well, my response.. we aren't talking about these individuals... start a thread and we can.

We are discussing the biggest mystery since the "start" of man. Too try and derail the topic by bringing other "characters" from history into the conversation does not bring credence to your statement.

I see your point, but it is pretty much non-valid in this thread.

-edit- Too add.. why would you need anyone (jesus or otherwise) to help you to be personally responsible for the life YOU lead? Thats called morality.. not religion.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

[edit on 11-3-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I see your point, but it is pretty much non-valid in this thread.

no its not, its at the very heart of the statement.

what constitutes proof? if a man is written about does that mean that there is substantial proof to suggest that he did exist?

i notice that alot of people claim jesus never existed, which is fine, if you believe that, hey whatever floats your boat.

what bugs me is that people present that theory as if it is this logical conclusion, like you would have to be an idiot to believe that jesus existed, that not true at all. there quite abit of "proof" that he existed. it just boils down to whether or not one wants to accept that proof.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

-edit- Too add.. why would you need anyone (jesus or otherwise) to help you to be personally responsible for the life YOU lead? Thats called morality.. not religion.

jer 10:23 I know, O LORD, that a man's way is not in himself, Nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps.

i know you might not agree with that scripture, but i do. and from the way that the world looks today, i would say that there is a large testimony to that fact

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
jesus´s story is a perfect example of how the church/higher autority/slave master wants you to live , a life without context.

theres an end and a begining, your born and then you die ,
all that is in between is pre programmed, pre desined and has nothing or very little to do with free will, freedom of expression
and freedom of choosing your own path to enlightment.

now if jesus went to india as many tend to say , then did he not get enlighted with means and the help of other gods and dieties
braking the one god rule

and if jesus now did have children with a harlot outside of marrige , did he then not have a child outside the church foundation ?

the examples are endless ,
jesus did everything that is/was forbiden by HIS god/father/creator and that is what is left out of the bible.

the bible is nothing more then a readerdigest tale that has for some wierd reason become a cornerstone in three major religions and a disagrement of
"fact" and historical "truth" that they are the true way to enlightment and the only truth.

jesus was the basterd son or "step son" of a carpenter, their family had to flee their hometown inorder to be spared the ridicule his mother had brought upon them.
jesus learned the truth about his childhood and did as many other childern do , they flee from home and at some point come back.
nothing magical, nothing divine.

Just a tale of people who managed to stay together even thou the odds where against them.

the end

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Maybe he was just living you know.
Going to work, eating dinner, playing golf on the weekends etc.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join