It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was Jesus doing from age twelve to twenty nine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Was he doing carpentry or studying with rabbis or was he married having kids .As a rabbi he should be married and men in their culture should get married young. and did he do a nazarite vow?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloman Kane

Nobody really knows for sure and the only mention of this time period is found in the Apocryphal and Pseudographical extrabiblical texts.

There are some clues in the New Testament and in the historical context of the time. We know He was involved in carpentry and took after the craft due to his townspeople asking, 'Isn't that the carpenter?' when he began His ministry. Then, as the eldest son (and possibly due to the death of Joseph), Jesus would have been responsible or mostly responsible for supporting Mary and His siblings. Then archaeological finds have shown that there were many building projects around that era so it is possible He was employed around that area.

Due to His outrage at the temple (which some speculate was a build up over time from the corruption He continually witnessed) and due to the fact Jews were required to travel to Jerusalem I believe on a yearly basis, He most likely never traveled out of Judea during the missing years.

Then of course you have the conspiracy theories that He was in the Far East, Britain, Egypt, France, etc. but there isn't anything substantial to back those speculations.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What was Frodo Baggins doing on September 22, 2980 T.A. ?

Celebrating his birthday, perhaps ?

The thing is, we will never know, because Frodo is not real, anything we will ever know about him can be found in one of the most greatest stories of all time

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
How long was he in Egypt? And was it not one of the most advance city's of that time? So at a Young age he could soak up a lot of knowledge or am I way off base?

S.K.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Experiementing with gay sex, drugs, and alcohol. Then he found God

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
for a man that was SUPPOSED to be the saviour of our world... it is funny we know nothing about the man during this time period.

But.. he was perfect right?... so nothing to see here move along.... riiiiiight.

We learn more about people through their mundane rituals of daily life. Too bad we aren't allowed to learn those facts here.

IF the man was real... and thats a big IF (in my opinion)... why would all aspects of his life not be available to all mankind? I have read autobiographies/biographies that have more detail than the "bible" does. Isn't the bible supposed to be the ultimate biography?!?

Of course you could say that the information has been "hidden" from us.. but to what end?

You can't go there though.. for questioning the infallible is wrong, or so I have been told.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
this in all probability is probably the most probable and non problamatic proof of jesus' younger life. (i got no idea it's just info)

reluctant-messenger.com...

i just picked the first link that came up to give you the idea. i'm sure there are mroe credible sources.

the premise is that he went to tibet then came back to teach buddhism.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Read the Aquarian Gospel of Jesus Christ

It was written by Levi H. Dowling and first published in 1908. Dowling described it as having been transcribed from the akashic records.

Wikipedia entry

I actually read most of it. It claims Mary fled with the baby Jesus to Egypt (along with bay John the Baptist). He studied there as a youth and then sought out other masters to learn from. It describes a ritual he underwent in Egypt where he was given the title "Logos Circle Seven".

Very interesting indeed

[edit on 10-3-2009 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

I love claims with no proof. Oh wait... there can never be any proof that this is legit. Convenient isn't it?

I could write that he actually went down the rabbit hole and was in fact the cheshire cat, but I would have no proof.. yet it would be my word for you to disprove.

Sorry, If it was important or if the man was REAL... the information would be out there and spoken as gospel. Oh wait, it is...

I would rather pray to Joe Pesci (sp).. it would be about the same answer rate.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5thElement
What was Frodo Baggins doing on September 22, 2980 T.A. ?

Celebrating his birthday, perhaps ?

Rofl

Well, if Jesus was indeed a real man, and the legends are true, then I assume he was doing carpentry...and building and stuff

Maybe he did magic tricks in his spare time or as a hobby (Advanced apologies AshleyD :shk: )

Guess we will never know

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
he was traveling learning Hindu and Buddhist beliefs, it all makes sense if you read the true gospel of thomas.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
He probably traveled the world.
Some believe he went to England and influenced the Templars with his Grail.
Others believe he traveled into Mexico and hung out with the Mayans/Aztecs.
What's the name of the bearded white man they describe?
Machu Pichu or something like that.
Maybe he was abducted for many years learning the secrets of the UNIVERSE.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I read The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus Christ back in the 70's. It made a lot of sense to me that he traveled east and studied in India under a variety of yogis.

It is definitely an interesting book.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I don't understand how Jesus never sinned, yet he went about thrashing the temple... wouldn't that be a sin? mainly anger? Unless Jesus takes on a Chuck Norris-esque persona and normal rules don't apply to him? I've always been a little confused about that...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The Masons are told that he was in a Masonic Lodge learning The Ancient Secrets.... That is what is said in some Masonic books I have.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloman Kane
Was he doing carpentry or studying with rabbis or was he married having kids .As a rabbi he should be married and men in their culture should get married young. and did he do a nazarite vow?

Death entered by Adam, but murder by Cain. Because a man has shed blood, by man must his blood be shed. Adam is mankind, but the son of mankind is Cain. Cain was told to walk until he did right. Cain should be familiar to you. Kahn, kHan, Han, a name always used as the rebel, because names mean more then just something to call you by. His judgment was too great to bear, so they had someone help him with the cross. That is the symbol placed over him and the star of david, inverted crosses. Double edged. His story is all of history, so figure out what mankind was doing from 12 to 29, and you've found out.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmanshiphop
he was traveling learning Hindu and Buddhist beliefs, it all makes sense if you read the true gospel of thomas.
Yes, that is part of the AG as well.
2nd

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
He was coasting the intergalactic highway with the magical space aliens.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

"Haters"? Look son, I was brought up christian, and can recite the bible front and back.... its your right to question. if you don't then you are sheep.. better yet, a lemming running over the cliff's edge.

If it IS all true, then you have nothing to worry about what I or anyone has to say... funny huh?

Thanks for the recognition though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join