It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple deaths reported in Ala. shooting spree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Multiple deaths reported in Ala. shooting spree

www.msnbc.msn.com

GENEVA, Ala. - A gunman went on a shooting spree in two neighboring south Alabama towns Tuesday, killing nine people before he shot himself at a metals plant, authorities said.

State police and Geneva Mayor Wynnton Melton said that 10 people were dead, including the gunman.

More people were believed to have been wounded. A spokeswoman at Flowers Hospital in Dothan said two children were airlifted to Children's Hospital of Alabama in Birmingham.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I am sure somebody already posted about this newest shooting spree, here on ATS? Well I took a look, and didn't see it. Maybe didn't look well enough.. so feel free to delete this if already posted. Looks new.

I wish people would start mass-murdering with machetes instead though. I mean, why can't we focus on owners of other weapon-types to demonize, for once? So much violence today... I wonder if this latest dude was on anti-depressants, too. Geez

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The media will spin this and it will give Obama the reason he needs to go for the throat on our guns. How much you wanna bet? And if not this one, a bigger event will happen soon that gives him an excuse.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I wonder when were going to find out who this gunman is

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I imagine this is gonna have some effect on our guns. i read he was just driving and shooting random people, people sitting on there porches. This is thw kinda stuff that makes gun owners look terrible. i hope nothing comes of it.....I would hate to see my state be the cause of it lol.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This was broke in on local radio today. most of it happened about 15 miles from my town. Here are some of the local reports.

wtvy news

Dothanfirst reports 11 dead

local Net news guy continuous updates NAMES SHOOTER

sad day for Dixie

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
All the pro gun lamos are running around to find an excuse as to why this does not count against thier beliefs. Who knows how many shooting sprees they must have before they open thier eyes. Apparently these are not enough. Hmmm...america gives rights to anyone to own guns, shooting sprees are are are pretty much an everyday thing..other countries don't have this right...shooting sprees are rare....hmm must be a connection somewhere.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by riggs2099]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
We don't need excuses the gun didn't just go off. there was a man " A MAN" behind the gun with the intent of cause harm and death. The gun is a object, it doesn't have any way to think. .

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Most people who own guns are some of the most responsible people in the world, in my opinion. And honestly, any kind of a ban only hurts law-abiding people.

To those who think that a ban will solve all problems of violence? London was having many stabbing incidents a while back. My point? The criminals will get guns anyway, regardless of what the laws are. And when they cannot, and still want to cause harm, they will just pick up another random item to hurt people with.

The truth is, where guns are MANDATORY, the crime rate is like.. none.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
All the pro gun lamos are running around to find an excuse as to why this does not count against thier beliefs. Who knows how many shooting sprees they must have before they open thier eyes. Apparently these are not enough. Hmmm...america gives rights to anyone to own guns, shooting sprees are are are pretty much an everyday thing..other countries don't have this right...shooting sprees are rare....hmm must be a connection somewhere.

Yeah, they are much safer

racist shooting spree in UK

Britain, Oz top US in violent crime

Gun control going awesome for UK

UK is knife crime capital

very educational links

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Terrible news for the South that is constantly trying to improve it's image to no avail. Terrible news for the family of the shooter, and the innocent bystanders that were killed during this.

My prayers go out to both.

PS- good links hotrodturbo7

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
yeah i just read this on yahoo and was going to make a thread but knew i would be beaten to it lol
all this will do is put more fuel on the fire to abolish the 2nd amendment
and if you go by statistics crimes such as this are RARE by % of the population
look at when they say oh 25000 americans die each year because of such and such to make it sound horrendous- but there are over 300 MILLION people in the US. do the math and figure out the percentage. your chance of being killed by lightning is just as good.
at least he killed himself and we are rid of another dreg on society

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by realboogyman
We don't need excuses the gun didn't just go off. there was a man " A MAN" behind the gun with the intent of cause harm and death. The gun is a object, it doesn't have any way to think. .

Sadly, I fear that this simple logic will elude most of the population of the United States, especially given enough media "influence".

It's truly sad when something like this happens, for the victims, the victims' families and everyone who's rights will be stripped away because of one nutcase.

There will always be killings. There will always be guns. Its up to the lawmakers whether the law-abiding will be able to own them as well, or just the criminals. Prohibition is a failure. It didn't work for alcohol, it didn't work for drugs, and it won't work on guns. I just pray we never have to find that out.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099

Really, any American can own a gun? How about felons (in most states), how about those under 25? How about those convicted of domestic violence or those who have been committed for mental illness? Can they legally own guns? Very few gun crimes are committed by legal gun owners.
Seems your issue is more with America, rather than guns.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonking76

The South is always trying to improve its image?

Get bent.

ON TOPIC, this is sad news, but as others have said, this is simply the way it is until people en masse enlighten themselves considerably. If it weren't for guns, it would be knifings.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Please Post all replies in the ongoing discussion..

Ongoing

Closing

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join