It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are So Many People Really Living Inside A Bubble?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
I wonder if any of you are finding that there are alot of people in your area that are not aware or just don't want to know just how serious the economic situation is and how much worse it is going to become. I work in the public and have talked to people as they come in about things in our area, businesses that are closing, factories that are talking about shutting down, and I hear over and over "these things happen", its not that bad... I have seen worse... or the plain ole "who cares" shoulder shrug! It really boggles my mind.
There was a company here in town that has been here in business for over 25 years...gone...closed down just last week...no one seems to notice. I have made the comment to some people that things were only going to get worse, only to be laughed at...
Are people in denial or do they really not care? Have you experienced this attitude from people that you have talked to? Just curious and confused!

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Greenize]

There are companies open for 25 years that go under all the time. Its called an economy. There are many stores opening while others are closing, its been that way for as long as I remember anyways.

I just can't seem to get out of this bubble...

Just how are you coming up with the conjecture that it is going to get worse from here.. am interested in your factual responses.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Most people I talk to about the economic crises take it very seriously and are somewhat worried about their future. I don't agree that people are living in a bubble and don't realise what's going on. People are just trying to be as positive as they can without accepting doom as their only option. Also, what can the average person do to fix this crisis? Not saying they should ignore it and throw it at the back of the mind, but how is constantly worrying about it going to actually help you and others around you?

<< 1   >>

join