It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two held during parade protests

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Two held during parade protests

news.bbc.co.uk

Two people were arrested during angry scenes as 200 soldiers marched through a Bedfordshire town centre to mark their return from Iraq.

It happened as anti-war protesters held placards saying "Anglian Soldiers Go To Hell" and "Butchers of Basra".

The two, thought to be members of the public watching the parade in Luton, were held for public order offences.

The 2nd Battalion The Royal Anglian Regiment, known as the Poachers, have toured Iraq twice in two years.

Two lines of police officers divided the anti-war protesters from a large number of local residents, some waving Union and St George's flags.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk
www.telegraph.co.uk
www.eveningstar.co.uk

CX

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
There is already a video of the protesters being forced away by the public here on YouTube....

Royal Anglian Parade Luton, 10/03/09, Muslim protesters

I hope this is a one off and our forces will not be subjected to more of this upon thier return.

People have a right to protest of course, but this kind of thing has the potential for getting real nasty if it carries on. I can see all sorts of groups turning up at soldiers homecomings, not to support the troops, but for the scrap that will ensue should there be more protesters like this.

These protesters would get more respect if they protested the people who sent our foces to war, not the guys who had to go.

There does not seem to be any indication as to whether or not this was an organised, named group of protesters, or if it was just a gethering of a few like minded people.

Would be interesting to see who they are, and i bet they are all on terror watch lists now after this. You know what our governments like.

CX.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/3/09 by CX]

new topics

join