It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Moon Hoax Ideas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

So you mean they faked the pictures of the astronauts where you could see through his visor? There are several pictures where you can see through the visors, including one mission when the gold visor was lifted.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

If I am not mistaken I went round and round with Phage, jra and
yourself before on this. Give me a chance to look it up.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
Can you read Zaphods mind?

It's not hard to know what he meant.

Was it possible to photograph the face of a man with the Earth in the background?

Of course it's possible, but the guys in mission control probably wouldn't be keen on the idea. Nor do I think any astronaut would want to risk themselves for a photo.

Does this look familiar

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

In this photo (AS17-146-22296) you can clearly see the face of astronaut
Dr. Harrison Hagen (Jack) Schmitt, who has lifted his gold visor:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4619ab87fc5f.jpg[/atsimg]
www.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

It is kinda cute that you answer for the zeph. All those other guys must have been blowin smoke.
Any way it looks like the reflection of the camara man's face.
Was that guy blinded?
Was he repremanded by mission control?
Do you think he past gas and was trying to get it out?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Why would a camera man's face be in a snoopy cap, perfectly framed in the helmet, why would schmitt be the camera man, and why would the spacesuit be empty (if it's not the astronaut's face, then the suit must be empty cause the visor is up)? The visor is clearly up, you can see the tip of it at the top of his helmet, so we are clearly seeing schmitt's face. By the way, as these pictures from ISS clearly demonstrate, leaving the gold visor up momentarily isn't going to ruin your eyesight:
tomsastroblog.com...
farm2.static.flickr.com...

You keep ignoring this, but an astronaut's face is visible through the gold visor in this picture with earth in the background:
history.nasa.gov...

[edit on 8-4-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

That does not look like the reflection of the other astronaut (Gene Cernan) who took the photo to me...

And yes, mission control was a bit worried that Jack Schmitt tended to lift his gold visor to see better.

This is from the Apollo 17 mission transcripts, the astronauts were at Station 6 at this point:

165:01:54 Parker: Hey, Jack. And we see your gold visor is up. You may want to put it down out here in the Sun.

165:02:02 Schmitt: Well, I think I might...I can't see with it down; it's scratched! Bob, I'll use it. I think I can monitor that one (meaning his visor).

history.nasa.gov...

And no, none of the astronauts were blinded.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
LOOk like Jimmy Hoffa to me.
And I bet 100 moon rocks Phage and jra duck out on this one too!
Somebody don't no Jack or maybe they know him way to well.
I'll check when Jimmy went missing. See if the dates Match up.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

So apparently you want a shot of the astronaut with his helmet off and the earth in the background. I can clearly see his face in that picture, and it proves that it wasn't an "empty suit".

What's the point if you're just going to ignore the evidence? You will never be satisfied, even when they release pictures of the landing sites, and you can clearly see everything left behind.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I put my glasses on. I backed up and looked with binoculars. bent my pc screen this way and that way.
Damned if I would testify in court that I could recognize who that was. Or give a discription
Any way get Phage and jra back here and aploigize for smoking me at the begining of this thread. You guys think for each other so, It should not be hard for you to do that.
This is why more and more people are hoaxers and not NASA worshipers.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I put my glasses on. I backed up and looked with binoculars. bent my pc screen this way and that way.
Damned if I would testify in court that I could recognize who that was. Or give a discription

Do you even know what gene cernan looks like to begin with? You need to know what you're looking for if you're seriously expecting to make positive ID of an astronaut in his helmet with the visor down. Point is, there's an astronaut in there. It's up to you to prove it's someone other than cernan if that's what you're alleging. It's not up to us to prove a negative, that it couldn't be anyone but, it's up to you to affirm your claim that it's not cernan. Otherwise, you could just as easily claim that most shuttle eva'ers (with a few noteable exceptions) are stand-ins since they are also only seen with their visors down most of the time.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

A great attempt to derail a discussion about about NASA finances. I posted a reply to you about. Go back a few. It disputes your claim that NASA hasn't spent alot since Apollo. All the math is there.
It is sickening.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
IT is not what I want that matters.
It is, what it is! The truth is comming.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The truth is already here. We went to the moon on Apollo 11, and we went back six more times. They will release pictures that show all the equipment and you will still deny it.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

It disputes your claim that NASA hasn't spent alot since Apollo.

I didn't make any vague claims about "how much" has been spent, nor was I trying to derail the thread, I simply established that NASA's budget peaked sharply during apollo in response to your claim that NASA still gets lots of money (as if they could have kept flying to the moon). Cumulative is not the same as fiscal year-to-year budget. Apollo was unsustainable after NASA's budget cut. They had no choice but to start over with an reuseable orbital vehicle and hope to expand on it later.

Some may complain that the shuttle was more expensive than it was supposed to be, but it was still cheaper year-to-year than apollo. The fact that it's reuseable was a bureaucratically smart way to guarantee continued funding since the initial investment in the vehicle was already made. It may not even be cheaper per pound to orbit, but it didn't need to be to satisfy NASA's budget needs.

It's like when you go to the store and you know if you buy the huge box of cheesy puffs packs in bulk will be cheaper per pound, but you don't have enough money this week to get the big box, so you buy the individual packege and pay more per puff because that's all you can afford. To you it doesn't matter that you'll be getting more money next week because you need your cheesy puffs now, and to NASA it doesn't matter how much money they receive over a decade because they need to be continually flying so that they're not wasting money keeping technicians hired doing nothing while they wait three years for the next flight. That's why the down-time between STS and Constellation is such a huge problem.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Perfect
We pay billions and we don't even get a big box,
just a little box of puffs.
And then the NASA people eat our puffs to boot.
Good God

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Donny....are you being deliberately obtuse?

Or, getting jollies by toying around and behaving, in the face of over-whelming evidence by decent, intelligent people who might just be wasting their time by responding to you.

I would consider the possibility that you somehow find all of this amusing.

That would be a definition of trolling, even if it is your OP. Your responses are childish, and vacuous.

jra

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Any way get Phage and jra back here and aploigize for smoking me at the begining of this thread.

Apologize for what?

second line

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

All that junk proves nothing but a man built it here on earth and shot it up or over there. Or down there. Whatever.
And who will photograph that crap. NASA. A NASA puppet?
They even tried to stop Sling Blade from going.
I would believe him.
You guys tire me. But I guess you would get fired if you didn't do what your told.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

weed check this out and see if you want to double down on what you just said. Serious Yeah like a hart attack.

I think that from the moment I heard this mans name,
I felt connected.
Similar to the way a fetus recognizes the voices of the people around it during gestation.

Never the less I thought I would share this with the membership.
The entire archive is extensive.
It would be interesting to see who knows what and who is willing to discuss it.
This is not for the faint of hart.
Adult content,
Chock full of conspiracy. Woo wooo all aboard the von Braun train!

Huntsville, AL
The FBI Files of Werhner Von Braun--Part 9
By Tom Carney
Reprinted with permission of Old Huntsville Magazine

One of the most esteemed members of the rocket team later explained von Braun’s actions. “Germany, in many ways, was like the United States. You could support your country without liking the president. The difference was that as a US citizen you are entirely free to express your opinions. In Nazi Germany, you lost at least your freedom, and possibly your life if you did so.”

Another scientist explained it differently. “Don’t kid yourself, we were at war. Our cities were being bombed daily. When the V-2s hit London there was an opening of Champagne bottles.”

For von Braun, however, there was no explaining. The government, of which he was now a citizen, had instigated a cover-up years earlier and to have said anything would have exposed the government’s actions, as well as jeopardizing the future of the space program.

Despite being under constant surveillance and enduring relentless attacks on his character, von Braun had nothing but praise for his adopted country. When one person wrote him, suggesting that severe measures be taken with people who opposed national interests, he wrote back, “Years of direct exposure to the Hitler regime, and its excesses, taught me a few unforgettable lessons and made me solidly opposed to any form of government which would deprive man of human dignity.”

Army Intelligence

Werhner von Braun

Subject had dinner and two drinks at Murray’s Restaurant on west 47th street at 7:15 until 8:20. Subject was accompanied by two males, one known and one unknown. Subject returned to hotel approximately 9:00 and did not leave room for the rest of the night. More information on unknown not available at this time.

In private, however, von Braun was willing to talk. When an acquaintance wrote him about the accusations, von Braun replied, “... yes, I was a member of the Nazi party and the SS. I would appreciate it if you would treat this as confidential ... for the sake of NASA.”

A high official at NASA offered his view. “We lied when we brought von Braun over here, and then told him to keep his mouth shut. Can you imagine him holding a press conference to explain why he joined the Nazi Party? That would have been the end of him and the space program. The poor S.O.B., didn‘t have a chance! He just had to stand there and take it. People say von Braun used us, but the truth is ... we used him.“

Urgent, FBI

Domestic Intelligence

Source advised that a group of concentration camp survivors picketed Werhner von Braun, NASA official who attended a banquet. ... Twenty-five pickets paraded from 5 to 7 PM carrying signs referring to von Braun’s Nazi background.

In 1968 an enterprising reporter uncovered documents from von Braun’s 1947 background investigation. After comparing the files to the official records from Germany he realized they had been altered, and assumed von Braun had done so. The following story was entitled, “Nazi Lies!”

“That was hardest for von Braun,” recalled one scientist, “to be called a liar. The only time I ever mentioned it to him, he told me to be patient and everything would work out.”

Von Braun had suffered in silence, for decades, for the dream of sending a man to the moon. In 1968 the huge Saturn V rocket was at Cape Canaveral waiting to be launched. All systems were go and it would have been virtually impossible to kill the program at that point. Von Braun, realizing this, seized the opportunity to do something he had waited years for. The German government had quietly been investigating rumors and collecting documents concerning his war time past. In February of 1969 he appeared at the German Embassy in New Orleans to answer the accusations. The Embassy was supplied with the relevant files from the FBI, the CIA, the Army, and the German Archives. After days of intensive probing and questioning, Werhner von Braun was completely exonerated.

It barely made the news.

Several months later in July of 1969, Werhner von Braun saw his lifelong goal of putting a man on the moon come true. To honor the occasion, President Richard Nixon invited von Braun and his wife to a dinner at the White House.

Secret

John Ehrlichman,

Counsel to the President

Reference is made ... in connection with the White House Affair. ... Dr. Werhner von Braun ... was subject of investigations conducted by the FBI in 1948 and 1961 ... information was developed that he received an honorary SS Commission as a Lieutenant and had been a member of the Nazi Party. ...

He had worked for the United States for twenty-eight years, placed a man on the moon and was the Director of Marshall Space Flight Center with a budget of 1.5 billion dollars and 8,000 employees, but to the FBI he was still a Nazi.

In 1977 President Ford awarded von Braun the National Medal of Science. He was in the hospital, his body wracked with cancer, and unable to attend the White House ceremony. Later a friend visited the hospital and gave him the medal.

As von Braun looked at the medal he probably remembered when he was a small child dreaming of building a spaceship someday that would carry men into outer space. He probably thought of the country he had grown up in and how it had been devastated by war. And he probably thought of his adopted country, a former enemy, which had given him the medal.

They said a tear rolled down his cheek as he laid in the hospital bed with the medal clutched tightly in his hand.

Werhner von Braun supported his native country in a time of war, and for that he bore the stigma of Nazism for the rest of his life. When all the accusations are finally put to

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Donny 4 million]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join