It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 10 dead in two-town Alabama shooting spree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

At least 10 dead in two-town Alabama shooting spree

www.cnn.com

A shooting in southern Alabama killed five people Tuesday afternoon, including the gunman, police confirmed.

The shooting happened in Samson, Alabama, about 15 miles from the Florida border, a police dispatcher told CNN.

Samson Police Chief Gary Weeks told a newspaper in nearby Dothan, Alabama, that the gunman was shot, but it wasn't immediately clear whether he shot himself or someone else shot him.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-3-2009 by fooffstarr]

[edit on 10-3-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Yet another episode of mass murder.

This is horrible.

Questions about gun laws will probably arise again after this incident, and with Obama's track record relating to gun legislation, it may mean some unsavory results for gun owners.

But for now, the lives lost are far more important. I send my sympathies to all Americans.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

When I first saw this on Drudge I thought what if Obama is behind this to gain more control over firearms; and then I saw this on Drudge"

Man arrested near Capitol with guns, sword...

www.politico.com...

To make things even more odd, I swear I read about this incident over a month ago.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I actually live about 10 minutes from where this shooting occured, guy killed his girlfriend and then just went on a rampage. That article is incorrect though, it was 12 people not 5.

It was an indiscriminate thing, he just fired at whoever he saw but took special notice of the police.

It's my opinion that he probably didn't commit suicide and instead was gunned down by the gestapo cops.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Lastthings]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lastthings

It's my opinion that he probably didn't commit suicide and instead was gunned down by the gestapo cops.

I usually refer to bad cops as gestapo. If the cops did shoot this guy down after he went on an indiscriminate (as you say - I don't have the facts yet) shooting rampage - I think the cops were indeed good cops (not gestapo)

Edit: I removed the rest of my comments after reading more about the story as I didn't want to appear too insensitive as it appears he killed mostly his family.

Probably some sort of mental illness or maybe he was programmed by the NWO - in order to hasten the removal of firearms from Americans.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

Originally posted by Lastthings

I usually refer to bad cops as gestapo. If the cops did shoot this guy down after he went on an indiscriminate (as you say - I don't have the facts yet) shooting rampage - I think the cops were indeed good cops (not gestapo) and perhaps the sooner they gunned him down the better cops they were.

So - the cops did what they're are paid to do and took out a known threat before he took out any more people. Sometimes people deserve or need to die and that's what we pay cops to do sometimes.

As far as everyone else that was shot - who knows maybe some of them deserved to die too, or maybe not, I don't know what they did to the gunman that set him off.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by verylowfrequency]

Over the last year I have personally known 3 people who died due to a "suicide" while in the custody of this same police department. Don't get me wrong, he was a scumbag but it's common knowledge that the police don't exactly take kindly to people who open fire on off duty police officers spending time with their family.

My brother in laws mother is actually a dispatcher and was on duty when this occurred, she is of the mind that he got what he deserved but thats just perspective.

CX

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
My thoughts are with the people who died and their families.

If it was the cops that shot him, good. Just unfortunate that it wasn't a bit sooner.

If it was a member of the public (i'm not sure about gun carrying laws in Alabama), i hope it lends a little support towards the citizens being allowed to keep their weapons, not losing them.

Not sure if my way of thinking on that one makes sense, i'm from across the pond so it's not an issue here. I know that i'd be grateful if there was a gunman running about here and a members of the public were able to lend assistance.

CX.

[edit on 11/3/09 by CX]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
In Alabama you can carry a concealed weapon (with a permit) i am from Bama and this is shocking to here about in any town much less such small towns which are home to me.
I pray for all family members and the gunmans family.

Hopefully they wont mess with the laws here .

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Reposting our local news links from other thread

wtvy news 4

dothanfirst reports 11 dead

local net news most details

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
11 people are dead because a crazy or angry man had a "God given" right to own a gun, which he then used to express his angst against his family and community.
The fact that his fellow Americans also had the same right to own a gun, did nothing to save those people from dying.

Where's the logic in thinking guns are good and save people?
In this case 11 dead. No-one saved.
This is the reality. Time to wake up.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
You make this statement, but ignore the many who are saved by law-abiding gun owners?

Crimes prevented by gun owners

Read and be educated

new topics

top topics

join