It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Made Repeated Requests for Military Aircraft, Documents Show

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Pelosi Made Repeated Requests for Military Aircraft, Documents Show

www.foxnews.com

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has repeatedly requested military aircraft to shuttle her and her colleagues and family around the country, according to a new report from a conservative watchdog group.

Representatives for Judicial Watch, which obtained e-mails and other documents from a Freedom of Information request, said the correspondence shows Pelosi has abused the system in place to accommodate congressional leaders and treated the Air Force as her "personal airline."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Can't stand Nancy Pelosi. This is one reason. She's as crooked as they get. Even demanding aircraft be at her beck and call.

By the way, she requested G5 aircraft. This is a fancy corporate jet. What is the military doing with these.

They're all a bunch of crooks, in my opinion. As people are hurting out there, she and her cronies are shuttling their families around the country as if they are hailing a taxi.

But she's worth it right. Pfft.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Does this really surprise anybody. The government today see themselves as royalty the Kings and Duchesses of America. Every year they do nothing but prove how pro-self and anti-America they are. You do not get into politics anymore to better society you get into it to fatten your pockets.

The real politicians that care are always overlooked because the blind sheeple in America don't like to hear and don't believe the truth when it's told to them.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

In one e-mail, aide Kay King complained to the military that they had not made available any aircraft the House speaker wanted for Memorial Day recess.

"It is my understanding there are NO G5s available for the House during the Memorial Day recess. This is totally unacceptable ... The Speaker will want to know where the planes are," King wrote.

In another, when told a certain type of aircraft would not be available, King wrote: "This is not good news, and we will have some very disappointed folks, as well as a very upset Speaker."

And the last thing you Military people want is an upset Speaker!!! If you know what I mean. wink wink!

Pelosi makes me sick.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Pelosi and her band of thieves should be dealt with. one of the biggest crooks in Washington. I bet she will get her plane with a nap of a finger though.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I predict that democratic leaders will each soon be assigned private jets for their personal use. It's degrading for them to have to put in requests as though they were ordinary citizens. Starting with speaker of the house and senate majority leader. It will create more jobs. Put money into circulation immediately. I'm battling a cold so can't think of any other buzz phrases at this moment. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if this did happen. There seems to be no limit to their outrageousness or lame excuses.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Pelosi was all over the big three carmakers for flying in their corporate jets to testify in Congress. Yet she thinks the military is at her disposal.

Frankly, I'm fed up with the 6 car convoys and $500 plate luncheons, corporate favortism.

They all need to be fired. We are their bosses. Why are the not asking us first to spend money like they do.

Because they serve themselves. Forget about those they promised to serve in their campaigns.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctordoom
By the way, she requested G5 aircraft. This is a fancy corporate jet. What is the military doing with these.

What SHOULD they be flying? They have VIPs that do require transportation and they can't very well put them in C-5s and F-15s to fly them and their staff around. They can't modify a fighter to have all the communication gear that they need, and anything else is needed for actual missions, not ferrying around VIPs.

The 89th Air Wing at Andrews AFB flies the following aircraft for VIP transports:

C-32A (Boeing 757)
C-20B (Gulfstream G-III)
C-37A (Gulfstream G-V)
C-40B (Boeing 737)
VC-25 (Boeing 747 used as Air Force One)

[edit on 3/10/2009 by Zaphod58]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
That woman makes me sick.

No second line.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
What SHOULD they be flying?

I could care less if she had to hitchhike. She hasn't done a damn thing that is useful for this country.

She's as good as fired in my mind. Take the rest of her cronies with her. Republican, Democrat. They're all the same. Leaches on the system, under the guise of public service.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by doctordoom

Where did I say a damn thing about Pelosi? The ONLY thing I answered was the question about why the military is flying G-V aircraft.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Pelosi is the lowest of the low...She was Bush's right hand man. I cannot wait for the day she is thrown from office or resigns...Everything she does is a put on and she is just evil. She causes nothing but problems instead of trying to solve them. She wants to be the boss yet has no idea whatsoever what is good or bad for the people. No offense here to women but she gives women in power a bad name for holding such a high position and being completely terrible at her job. What good exactly has she done? I can't think of anything. She worships herself and expects everyone else to do so. Well sorry Nancy, this is one American who doesn't feel that way.

I've been saying it for years...The government needs to be flushed out. We need younger, newer blood in there as all the greedy cronies have sucked all they blood they can off this country. Out with the old, in with the new.

Its the past generations fault we're in this mess, they should step aside and shut it. The government may think they have the most educated people in the nation but they act without any humane emotion or common sense to help solve peoples problems. It is and always will be all about money to them.

[edit on 3/10/2009 by AceOfAces]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Sorry, I didn't realize you were defending the military.

March 10, 2009 -- Allen Stanford publicly pushed to change federal law to let him funnel Caribbean money through St. Croix into Texas tax-free, spent freely to cultivate and influence politicians,...

Stanford was given a U.S. flag, which Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi had ordered flown over the capital in his honor.
"We look forward to this flag flying over your corporate headquarters," Pelosi wrote.

www.onepaper.com...:Local&p=1223616085

All one has to do is ask the right questions to find out that they are all corrupt, even the military. Enough war, enough oppression. Enough.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Here is another excerpt from the article I posted.

The e-mails showed repeated attempts by Pelosi aides to request aircraft, sometimes aggressively, and by Department of Defense officials to accommodate them.

"I think that's above and beyond what other members of Congress are doing and what is expected of our elected officials," said Jenny Small, a researcher with the group.

In one e-mail, aide Kay King complained to the military that they had not made available any aircraft the House speaker wanted for Memorial Day recess.

"It is my understanding there are NO G5s available for the House during the Memorial Day recess. This is totally unacceptable ... The Speaker will want to know where the planes are," King wrote.

www.foxnews.com...

The speaker will want to know where the plane(s) are. Plural? Moving the whole party?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Whoopdeedoo, what a surprise we have here folks!

I do believe that Speaker Pelosi's next FLT should be onboard a C-130 Airlift bound for Baghdad, or quite possibly Kabul. If she wants to get off at her requested destination, she can Jump like a good Airborne Warrior.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Whoopdeedoo, what a surprise we have here folks!

I do believe that Speaker Pelosi's next FLT should be onboard a C-130 Airlift bound for Baghdad, or quite possibly Kabul. If she wants to get off at her requested destination, she can Jump like a good Airborne Warrior.

haha

how about makeshift raft to guantanimo

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
She can hitchhike for all I care. She's a prima-donna and I pray there is a God in heaven so she can get her just reward for taking advantage of the American voters.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Knowing where the planes are has nothing to do with moving anyone but her. They want to know where all the G-Vs are to find out why they aren't available. There are only 5 C-20Bs and 2 C-20Hs in the inventory. Wanting to know where they are is to find out why they aren't available for their use.

I'm not trying to justify anything that they did or say that it's right for her to use them for personal use, because it's not.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The military has done nothing wrong, so there is no reason to dump on them for this. If someone tells them to pick someone up and fly them, they aren't going to say "No, I won't do it." They have to do what the civilian leadership tells them, and they were told to fly them around.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Mrs. Pelosi's request is not new for a speaker, who is second-in-line in
presidential succession. A defense source said the speaker's regular access
to a military plane began after the September 11, 2001, attacks. Rep. J.
Dennis Hastert, Illinois Republican, who was speaker at the time, started
using U.S. Air Force planes for domestic travel to and from his district for
security reasons. A former Hastert aide said the congressman did not use
military planes for political trips or regularly transport his family.

The defense source said Mr. Hastert requested a plane with good
communications so he could conduct legislative business. The military
flights increased to the point the speaker used a military plane for many,
if not all, flights to his Illinois district, the former aide said.

Sources said Mrs. Pelosi's request goes beyond what Mr. Hastert received.
The speaker's legal counsel is spearheading the talks.

An aide to Mrs. Pelosi, who asked not to be named, confirmed yesterday that
discussions are ongoing with the administration. "It would be done for
security reasons," said the aide, adding that the speaker has used military
aircraft for at least one trip back to San Francisco.

This has been done before. After 911, the House speaker was granted access to military transport. It seems she has only expanded their use.

If Obama can cancel the Marine One upgrade then I see no reason why she can't sacrifice a little as well.

Just my 2 cents. .

SOURCE

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join